High season in full swing in Pattaya

Rimmer

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 12:17 PM, The manic said:

Empty - boring and no tourists and no Thais trading or making a living. It is an Island not a large city.

Open thine eyes that thou might see.

Can you not see the houses among the trees? Not, note, destroying the beach.

One man's boring is another's paradise. I'd love to be on there right now.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/29/2017 at 12:14 PM, Henrik Andersen said:

High season 555

Here we have low season and dead season 

Ive been coming to Thailand for almost 20 years, never knows Pattaya or Bangkok to be so busy, will not be coming back though the fun of the place is long gone and maybe despite being 40 ive grown out of the place.

On 1/1/2018 at 5:54 PM, Chivas said:

Give it to around the 10th and high season over. Reading facebook groups last night most saying the quietest nye ever no surprise to me

How can a grown man admit to using facebook groups for news, besides i always think any man over the age of 18 who uses that medium is a bit suspect.

On 1/7/2018 at 7:13 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Open thine eyes that thou might see.

Can you not see the houses among the trees? Not, note, destroying the beach.

One man's boring is another's paradise. I'd love to be on there right now.

Why not move there? 

If not this quiet beach, there are ton of other quiet beaches  just a drive away from Pattaya. Move there, and be happy! 

But you're not moving there, are you? Because once there, you can't count every hole in pavement, can't post  how Pattaya is SO bad, and  how it is  going to hell.  No fun, is it lol. You dont want to be content with life, you want to complain.  And counting pot holes in Pattaya gives meaning to your day.  It gives you a purpose. I just wish you didn't badmouth my town, didn't  disparage Pattaya.

Why not find new target?  Concentrate on Chiang Mai, there must be a hole somsomewhere in a sidewalk in CM. Find it, and open a thread, but at Chiang Mai  sub forum, please!

Edited by whitemouse

11 hours ago, Arth said:

Ive been coming to Thailand for almost 20 years, never knows Pattaya or Bangkok to be so busy, will not be coming back though the fun of the place is long gone and maybe despite being 40 ive grown out of the place.

In my 60's and find it more fun then ever.

7 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

For high season its pretty slow in Pattaya.

one good thing i noticed all those noisy loud bars with their music all been toned down which i think its positive.

Not in the thai owned karaoke bars on 3rd road it hasn,t :whistling:

7 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

For high season its pretty slow in Pattaya.

one good thing i noticed all those noisy loud bars with their music all been toned down which i think its positive.

Could you be more specific please? There are thousand of bars spread over miles. To where are you referring? WS? SB? BR? SR? 3rd Rd. May be less people now the height of holiday season is over.  Go to SB or WS at midnight and see how busy places are and BR in the afternoon. Whether Pattaya is busy or not busy is a matter of perception and wishful thinking/confirmation bias depending on what the person wants. I think its pretty busy.

29 minutes ago, The manic said:

Could you be more specific please? There are thousand of bars spread over miles. To where are you referring? WS? SB? BR? SR? 3rd Rd. May be less people now the height of holiday season is over.  Go to SB or WS at midnight and see how busy places are and BR in the afternoon. Whether Pattaya is busy or not busy is a matter of perception and wishful thinking/confirmation bias depending on what the person wants. I think its pretty busy.

Most bars on beach road and second road have significantly lowered their sound system. Probably because authorities stepped in because patrons  wont do it out of free will as barowners foolishly think more noise is more revenue.

pattaya now its not packed with tourists even the amount of tourist busses driving by is on the low side just from my personal observation.

Pattaya Beaches not busy either i even expect Jomtien to be quiet but I haven't been there lately. But if pattaya isnt packed then usually its quiet in Jomtien.

Edited by Destiny1990

On 1/9/2018 at 1:54 AM, Arth said:

How can a grown man admit to using facebook groups for news, besides i always think any man over the age of 18 who uses that medium is a bit suspect.

Do you still use an abacus for banking, or is it the fingers and toes method?

20 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

The  Big  Boys are  investing big money for the purpose  of transforming Pataya in to a  mass  tourism zone.

Don't know if they have additional plans but it appears they missed a huge opportunity at Bali Hi.  WTH is that tarten track?

Making it a walking area along the harbor with shops, restaurants, maybe a few bars would have packed the place. Seems like a waste.

On 1/9/2018 at 6:06 AM, whitemouse said:

Why not move there? 

If not this quiet beach, there are ton of other quiet beaches  just a drive away from Pattaya. Move there, and be happy! 

But you're not moving there, are you? Because once there, you can't count every hole in pavement, can't post  how Pattaya is SO bad, and  how it is  going to hell.  No fun, is it lol. You dont want to be content with life, you want to complain.  And counting pot holes in Pattaya gives meaning to your day.  It gives you a purpose. I just wish you didn't badmouth my town, didn't  disparage Pattaya.

Why not find new target?  Concentrate on Chiang Mai, there must be a hole somsomewhere in a sidewalk in CM. Find it, and open a thread, but at Chiang Mai  sub forum, please!

Your town?      Are you a Thai? :smile:

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Don't know if they have additional plans but it appears they missed a huge opportunity at Bali Hi.  WTH is that tarten track?

Making it a walking area along the harbor with shops, restaurants, maybe a few bars would have packed the place. Seems like a waste.

Agree.  It's a terrific space with awesome views of the bay, islands, and the Pattaya shore and skyline.   Lots of potential being ignored.

47 minutes ago, newnative said:

Umm.  You don't need to be Thai to feel that where you live is 'your town'. 

Sorry I guess I simply don't consider residency in any particular place a designation of  ownership or permanency..

We should agree to disagree.   Other than those falangs who have gone through the process of citizenship, I   find  a claim of "my town" to ring  pretty empty.

Edited by watcharacters

4 hours ago, watcharacters said:

Sorry I guess I simply don't consider residency in any particular place a designation of  ownership or permanency..

We should agree to disagree.   Other than those falangs who have gone through the process of citizenship, I   find  a claim of "my town" to ring  pretty empty.

Talk about arguing for the sake of argument's sake. "My town", or "our town" is a common expression used to indicate where one lives full time. It has nothing at all to do ownership or birthright. I've used it to describe my place of residence all over the world.

20 hours ago, newnative said:

Agree.  It's a terrific space with awesome views of the bay, islands, and the Pattaya shore and skyline.   Lots of potential being ignored.

Yes, the Waterfront CondoHotel would have been a start and look how that turned out. Your idea will never happen in a town full corrupt Thai thinking and mean spirited jealousy.

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 12:56 PM, newnative said:

LOL. When it comes to the "potential" of Pattaya, the city council is nowhere to be seen, which means that only the commercial side is being developed. 

It's not like Thais can't make nice public spaces. I am impressed by the Phayao waterfront, and they even have a nice public park at one end, with grass and trees etc, something that vanished in Pattaya when they built the monstrous car park building on the Bali Hi park. Now there's no parks by the beach at all.

Shame on the Pattaya authorities.

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:49 AM, bkk6060 said:

The promenade towards the lighthouse was on track to become exactly that, but that vanished when the speedboats were parked along it. Who was responsible for destroying a potentially pleasant and popular place- Pattaya city hall, of course. Shame on them.

I used to enjoy the stroll, with a drink at the lighthouse, but no more.

On 1/11/2018 at 6:21 PM, tropo said:

Talk about arguing for the sake of argument's sake. "My town", or "our town" is a common expression used to indicate where one lives full time. It has nothing at all to do ownership or birthright. I've used it to describe my place of residence all over the world.

Think as you wish trop but for me it's the attitude   of false  ownership and possession that comes with such a statement that I address.

:passifier:

Edited by watcharacters

1 hour ago, watcharacters said:

Think as you wish trop but for me it's the attitude   of false  ownership and possession that comes with such a statement that I address.

:passifier:

Hence you can't use expressions such as "my hotel" or "my apartment" either, unless you actually own said properties. :laugh:

Maybe we'll all forsake common usage and say "my adopted town" to make you feel more comfortable--since you seem so worried about the applicability if the town is in Thailand.

3 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

Hence you can't use expressions such as "my hotel" or "my apartment" either, unless you actually own said properties. :laugh:

Maybe we'll all forsake common usage and say "my adopted town" to make you feel more comfortable--since you seem so worried about the applicability if the town is in Thailand.

3 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

No problem for me if you just don't get it.

2 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Seems brooklyn pizza closed up at Tip plaza across the Subway shop

Can't be as full season now so must be busy. That beach, I have seen more action on a winters day in Tenby, if the photo is anything to go by its empty.

3 hours ago, watcharacters said:

No problem for me if you just don't get it.

No, help educate us here, as it seems so many of us have over the years been thoughtlessly displaying attitudes of false ownership and possession of countless associated places and things by adopting common usage.

So if you've rented a particular apartment for, say, 3 years and you invite a friend over, you don't say, "Let's meet at my apartment" or "Why don't you come over to my place next Friday?" as everyone normally does. It's always "Let's meet at the apartment I'm renting" and "Why don't you come over to the place I'm renting, next Friday?" The answer to "Where's your mobile/passport/credit card?" can't be "I left it back at my room" but is always "I left it back at the room I'm renting from a hotel." It's really safer, no? As anyone unable--or merely unwilling--to see the totally obvious won't think you're making a false claim that would ring pretty empty.

Edited by JSixpack

53 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

No, help educate us here, as it seems so many of us have over the years been thoughtlessly displaying attitudes of false ownership and possession of countless associated places and things by adopting common usage.

So if you've rented a particular apartment for, say, 3 years and you invite a friend over, you don't say, "Let's meet at my apartment" or "Why don't you come over to my place next Friday?" as everyone normally does. It's always "Let's meet at the apartment I'm renting" and "Why don't you come over to the place I'm renting, next Friday?" The answer to "Where's your mobile/passport/credit card?" can't be "I left it back at my room" but is always "I left it back at the room I'm renting from a hotel." It's really safer, no? As anyone unable--or merely unwilling--to see the totally obvious won't think you're making a false claim that would ring pretty empty.

Hi Do u know where is Bronx pizza first he was soi diana but they will build a condo thete so then he moved to tip plaza across from subway now he moved again but where he at?