Phuket health office calls for police action in alcohol sale, promotion blitz

webfact

Phuket health office calls for police action in alcohol sale, promotion blitz

The Phuket News

1514521632_1-org.jpg

The campaign includes a slew of brochures and stickers to be handed out to venue operators across Phuket. Photo: Tanyaluk Sakoot

PHUKET: The Phuket Public Health Office (PPHO) has called for police to step up in the crackdown on alcohol laws over the New Year with a formal request issued via the Phuket Governor’s Office.

The request, one of four notices* issued via the Phuket Provincial Office last week, comes amid a campaign to inform and uphold the laws regarding the sale and the promotion of alcohol over the upcoming holidays.

(*See below for unofficial translations of all four notices.)

The notice issued to the police is addressed to the “Phuket Provincial Police Commander”, namely Maj Gen Teeraphol Thipjaroen.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-health-office-calls-for-police-action-in-alcohol-sale-promotion-blitz-65332.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-12-29

I don't really understand these people campaigning against alcohol. Those people who want a drink will drink no matter what. Prohibition of alcohol didn't work in the past , so it will not work now. It will create an underground market instead if they still push it. As far as I see, beer companies simply ignore  all the gibberish from these people that campaign against alcohol. The more they campaign against the more beer is available around. That's what I see. One day I popped into a 7/11 and they were selling alcohol without taking notice of the selling hours even if they were written on the glass door! Business people don't take stupid laws seriously that much :)

In this coming New Year festival 2018, gift baskets to be given should contain only healthy gifts in order to show respect and to reduce any violent consequences from drinking alcohol, such as road accidents, fighting, crime, etc,” the notice explains.

I've been enjoying a drink for years and have yet to have an alcohol related road accident, start a fight or commit a crime. I'm sure many Thais are the same, and do they really appreciate a basket of Brand's Essence of Chicken more than a bottle of JW Black or a Barossa Valley Shiraz?

And does anyone understand the concept of giving chicken essence as a gift? What would be the equivalent in the west? A gift pack of Bovril?

13 hours ago, madmitch said:

In this coming New Year festival 2018, gift baskets to be given should contain only healthy gifts in order to show respect and to reduce any violent consequences from drinking alcohol, such as road accidents, fighting, crime, etc,” the notice explains.

I've been enjoying a drink for years and have yet to have an alcohol related road accident, start a fight or commit a crime. I'm sure many Thais are the same, and do they really appreciate a basket of Brand's Essence of Chicken more than a bottle of JW Black or a Barossa Valley Shiraz?

And does anyone understand the concept of giving chicken essence as a gift? What would be the equivalent in the west? A gift pack of Bovril?

My son gave me 3 litres of imported german beer for my birthday, which was a few days before xmas. My wife told him off and said he should have given me something healthy instead, so for xmas he gave me what appears to be essence of prune juice.

Definitely tastes better than the essence of chicken, I'm just wondering what it'll be like mixed with vodka?

2 hours ago, nahkit said:

My son gave me 3 litres of imported german beer for my birthday, which was a few days before xmas. My wife told him off and said he should have given me something healthy instead, so for xmas he gave me what appears to be essence of prune juice.

Definitely tastes better than the essence of chicken, I'm just wondering what it'll be like mixed with vodka?

Here ya go ? enjoy

6D15BFBE-E7CA-4740-BB84-71BE2C3C681F.png