Cargo Shorts

MrNeilThai

Hello, 

I am looking for some retailer in Bangkok that sells these style of pants. I wear these pants all the time and recently 2 pair have gone bad. Usually I pick up a pair or two when I am in the USA at somewhere like GAP or American Eagle.  Finding them in Bangkok is usually hit or miss I think the last pair I bought was one I found a few years ago at JJ market.

Anyhow, a good pair usually lasts for several years so I wonder if anyone knows a retail outlet that would sell them or something similar. I don't care if they are cheap or not since they last for so long. Im not returning to the US for another 6 months so I need to purchase a few pair here in BKK.

I am only looking for retailers. I don't have time to look around at markets forever.

Thanks

CargoShottsGap.jpg

sanemax

If you do find a pair of shorts like that , could you buy me a pair as well and bring them around my place , 38 inch waist and I would like a blue pair and I will give you the money back, I hate shopping as well

.............  IF you have nothing positive to add to the discussion why not just say nothing :)

• Like 1

I also wear them all the time, have so many.

Camel active shops have them, just wait untill they're in the sale for 1000 baht.

Now i have them from Oakley, also great ones...even better actually...every Central has them but i bought those in the outlet next to Impact Muang thong thanee, 1000 baht.

My favorit ones were from JEEP, those lasted 4 years...can't find them anymore.

Edited by Thian

On 1/1/2018 at 8:18 AM, ubonjoe said:

I am sure Tesco Lotus and Big C sell them. 

The problem I've found with the ones sold by Tesco and Big C are that they tend to be 'above the knee' shorts, and my preference is for 'below the knee' (a few inches longer than the ones pictured in the OP), which for some reason seem to be hard to find in Thailand. The other thing that I don't understand about that style of shorts sold in Thailand is that they are invariably made from very heavy (and thus hot) material. Lightweight fabric shorts are very hard to find. And I always keep an eye open wherever I am for the type of shorts I like, but with little success so far.

1 hour ago, nisakiman said:

The problem I've found with the ones sold by Tesco and Big C are that they tend to be 'above the knee' shorts, and my preference is for 'below the knee' (a few inches longer than the ones pictured in the OP), which for some reason seem to be hard to find in Thailand. The other thing that I don't understand about that style of shorts sold in Thailand is that they are invariably made from very heavy (and thus hot) material. Lightweight fabric shorts are very hard to find. And I always keep an eye open wherever I am for the type of shorts I like, but with little success so far.

I have one pair of cargoshorts from Columbia which is a very thin fabric like the sportswear for hot climates.

But i bought it in Europe, 25 euro. Colombia in Thailand is very expensive but they have shops.

I also don't understand why cargoshorts have to be from superheavy fabric, the ones from Tesco though are lousy quality...i always like good brands cause if i get a hole in the pocket and loose my keys/wallet or the zipper breaks i have serious problems.

I also have some Nike thin fabric cargoshorts, some new material which can't stand sunshine...those are bleached by the sun so you can't even trust Nike here for quality.

A lot of the big malls have a store called;

71 export

Export store

Casual XL

All the same owners I think, as all the stores are almost identical in design and layout.

They have name brand cargo shorts at great prices 300-500 THB.

They are factory rejects but they are much better quality then what I have found at Tesco lotus or the knock off at MBK.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Idiotabroad said:

A lot of the big malls have a store called;

71 export

Export store

Casual XL

All the same owners I think, as all the stores are almost identical in design and layout.

They have name brand cargo shorts at great prices 300-500 THB.

They are factory rejects but they are much better quality then what I have found at Tesco lotus or the knock off at MBK.

Since 2 years or so they don't have many famous brands anymore....you just have to be lucky, they do have huge sizes though.

I'm in the same boat looking for these.  Had some that were superb from Marks and Spencer in the UK, super lightweight, loads of pockets, lasted about 4 years.  Tried the M&S here in BKK and in Chiang Mai but always found they have very limited stock, generally of the heavyweight material (for anything) and outrageously expensive.

Bought a few pairs from the markets over the years too, or the never ending 'sales' that they often have on the ground or basement floors of the big malls.  Priced anywhere between 500-800 but thick, heavyweight material, poor quality (seams inside the pockets and where the pockets join the main body of the shorts being first to go) and often poorly fitting and very dated design.  Just junk really.

Will have a spin round the malls, Robinson and Central and see what turns up.  Quite like the Camel Active stuff but even when I checked there last time they were either thick / hot material or really lacking any kind of style at all.  

3 hours ago, SooKee said:

I'm in the same boat looking for these.  Had some that were superb from Marks and Spencer in the UK, super lightweight, loads of pockets, lasted about 4 years.  Tried the M&S here in BKK and in Chiang Mai but always found they have very limited stock, generally of the heavyweight material (for anything) and outrageously expensive.

Bought a few pairs from the markets over the years too, or the never ending 'sales' that they often have on the ground or basement floors of the big malls.  Priced anywhere between 500-800 but thick, heavyweight material, poor quality (seams inside the pockets and where the pockets join the main body of the shorts being first to go) and often poorly fitting and very dated design.  Just junk really.

Will have a spin round the malls, Robinson and Central and see what turns up.  Quite like the Camel Active stuff but even when I checked there last time they were either thick / hot material or really lacking any kind of style at all.  

Thin ones are very hard to find, maybe better order it online...JEEP was very good but online there are several jeeps now.

Broken pockets is my worst nightmare, loosing keys and wallet...i am looking for thin ones with zippers at the pockets...bought those from Nike but the color fades away in sun, look awfull after 4 weeks. Nike can't be bothered though when i complained (bought 5 pairs).

If you find a good shop online please let us know.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thian said:

Thin ones are very hard to find, maybe better order it online...JEEP was very good but online there are several jeeps now.

Broken pockets is my worst nightmare, loosing keys and wallet...i am looking for thin ones with zippers at the pockets...bought those from Nike but the color fades away in sun, look awfull after 4 weeks. Nike can't be bothered though when i complained (bought 5 pairs).

If you find a good shop online please let us know.

That sucks when you buy 5 pairs, and find out they are crap. Normally Nike stands for quality, the stuff I buy is always good. But believe you on your word. 

Yes losing your keys and or wallet is a nightmare, back in the Netherlands i often lost my keys. I havent done so in Thailand. But I bought a tracker (100bt or so) that had GPS and Bluetooth and put on my key ring (you connect it with an app  to your phone). It worked ok you could send a sound signal to it because maps are useless when your close. 

Edited by robblok

26 minutes ago, robblok said:

That sucks when you buy 5 pairs, and find out they are crap. Normally Nike stands for quality, the stuff I buy is always good. But believe you on your word. 

Yes losing your keys and or wallet is a nightmare, back in the Netherlands i often lost my keys. I havent done so in Thailand. But I bought a tracker (100bt or so) that had GPS and Bluetooth and put on my key ring (you connect it with an app  to your phone). It worked ok you could send a sound signal to it because maps are useless when your close. 

Wow that gps-tracker i also want, i never have lost my keys or wallet though..but on the motocy i need good pockets, best is with a zipper.

Cargoshort-pockets have to be very strong for me, since they like to get stuck behind cabinets or so and then i tear them..That just happened to my oakley shorts twice in a day.

Yes Nike in thailand is just like the rest, crappy cheap quality..also bought a nice dryfit tshirt from Nike, after 3 weeks the nike-emblem came loose and fell off.  I can't be bothered though but it just shows about the quality here. Many big qualitybrands sell cheap quality in Thailad, Tefal is the worst in that, that's excellent in Holland.

Camel active cargoshorts loose the button easy, if you buy those you have to check the button well, any loose wires means don't buy it....i now hammer a jeans-button in them which lasts forever.

From now on i buy summerclothes in Europe, much more choice, better quality, more sizes and models and also cheaper. I buy brandnames for the quality, don't care much for the brand.

5 minutes ago, Thian said:

Wow that gps-tracker i also want, i never have lost my keys or wallet though..but on the motocy i need good pockets, best is with a zipper.

Cargoshort-pockets have to be very strong for me, since they like to get stuck behind cabinets or so and then i tear them..That just happened to my oakley shorts twice in a day.

Yes Nike in thailand is just like the rest, crappy cheap quality..also bought a nice dryfit tshirt from Nike, after 3 weeks the nike-emblem came loose and fell off.  I can't be bothered though but it just shows about the quality here. Many big qualitybrands sell cheap quality in Thailad, Tefal is the worst in that, that's excellent in Holland.

Camel active cargoshorts loose the button easy, if you buy those you have to check the button well, any loose wires means don't buy it....i now hammer a jeans-button in them which lasts forever.

From now on i buy summerclothes in Europe, much more choice, better quality, more sizes and models and also cheaper. I buy brandnames for the quality, don't care much for the brand.

I am quite pleased with all my nike dryfit clothes though 1 or 2 do have the same problem you have that the logo came off. But that is training gear that is used a lot and not in public, so i dont care about that as much. The other nike dri fit T shirts seem to be of good quality. 

https://www.lazada.co.th/mediscount-smart-bluetooth-40-anti-lost-theft-alarm-itag-gps-track-and-finder-for-bag-key-phone-baby-pet-82059098.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.13.30bb1c3934aVy

This what i have but i think mine was cheaper (you can find them cheaper too). 

24 minutes ago, robblok said:

I am quite pleased with all my nike dryfit clothes though 1 or 2 do have the same problem you have that the logo came off. But that is training gear that is used a lot and not in public, so i dont care about that as much. The other nike dri fit T shirts seem to be of good quality. 

https://www.lazada.co.th/mediscount-smart-bluetooth-40-anti-lost-theft-alarm-itag-gps-track-and-finder-for-bag-key-phone-baby-pet-82059098.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.13.30bb1c3934aVy

This what i have but i think mine was cheaper (you can find them cheaper too). 

I have seen that keyhanger in BKK for sale, guess it was in chinatown somewhere. Next time i buy one.

I like the Nike dryfit, wear it a lot everywhere. It really works against sweat. 

I have a Columbia cargoshort which is the same material, very thin but strong...bought that in holland for 25 euro and it's good quality. The thick canvas shorts are stronger though, those are for jungletrips i guess but i rarely go into the jungle. If i new a good person with a sewingmachine i would let him/her make zippers on the pockets of all my shorts. On the motobike they sometimes open from the wind.

2 hours ago, amvet said:

I've heard they were really great.  Are they better than Camel Active? 

Camel active isn't that good but also not bad. The button comes off easy plus the color fades fast in sun.

Molecule i've seen in the big malls, wouldn't buy anything on kao sarn road cause it's fake.

12 minutes ago, Thian said:

Camel active isn't that good but also not bad. The button comes off easy plus the color fades fast in sun.

Molecule i've seen in the big malls, wouldn't buy anything on kao sarn road cause it's fake.

First thing I do with Camel active is re sew the buttons and dab them with clear nail polish. 

6 minutes ago, amvet said:

First thing I do with Camel active is re sew the buttons and dab them with clear nail polish. 

Good idea, not sure but because the button isn't mounted well i guess they're made in Thailand....also last week i fit an Adidas polo but the buttons were loose, i looked at the label and yup it was made in Thailand.

I bought a couple of pairs of lightweight cargo pants ( below the knee ) in Uniqlo in Japan shortly before moving to Thailand. They are thinner than the normal market cargo pants found here and 2 years on are still going strong .
Not looked in Uniqlo in Thailand but I imagine the stock will be similar, worth a look.

5 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I bought a couple of pairs of lightweight cargo pants ( below the knee ) in Uniqlo in Japan shortly before moving to Thailand. They are thinner than the normal market cargo pants found here and 2 years on are still going strong .
Not looked in Uniqlo in Thailand but I imagine the stock will be similar, worth a look.

Uniqlo thailand doesn't have big sizes....have to go in there every week for my wife.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2018 at 4:19 AM, Andrew Dwyer said:

I too have purchased from Uniqlo (in Bangkok) and found their cargo shorts to be good.  They do seem to change collections frequently.  When I bought a couple of pairs in early 2017 they were made with quite a heavy fabric, while a couple of pairs I bought later in the year were the same design but a much lighter fabric.  They wear well and are not too expensive....maybe about 700 baht or so, if I remember right.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...