Australian child sex abusers on notice in Thailand

webfact

Australian child sex abusers on notice in Thailand

Lindsay Murdoch

patt.jpg

File photo

Pattaya: Australian paedophiles hoping to stay under the radar in Thailand are facing tougher scrutiny from a Royal Thai Police-led unit tasked with policing sex crimes against children.

Up to 180 suspected foreign child sex abusers, including Australians, regularly visit or live in Pattaya, a city notorious for its seedy nightlife, according to a child protection organisation.

Supagon Noja, director of Thailand's Anti-Human Trafficking and Child Abuse Centre, says most of the suspects escape justice using increasingly sophisticated ways to interact with children, including through the internet.

Full story:  http://www.smh.com.au/world/australian-child-sex-abusers-on-notice-in-thailand-20180102-h0cbqs.html

-- The Sydney Morning Herald 2018-01-02

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

As long as you have under legal aged girls selling it, you will have old men buying it.  

Yeah thats correct, it's all down to the girls making it available.

You cant blame the old men can you.

UNBELIEVABLE!

Edited by BigBadGeordie
Typo

That's odd, I thought they would all be in Cambodia. Look at some of the 1000's of Pattaya nightlife vlogs, if you can bear the mindless boredom, and inane commentaries, and you will be hard pressed to  spot a working girl under the age of 25, or under the weight of 60. It must be a safety in numbers thing. I guess the cheap food, and the chance to endlessly swill beer while watching the 'footy' appeals to all types.

31 minutes ago, BigBadGeordie said:

UNBELIEVABLE!

Well no you can't blame the girls. But who are the people providing the girls. 

12 year old girls don't just mosy on up to pattaya nightlife by themselves.  Thai adults are seducing them into the trade with promises of a golden life. 

32 minutes ago, BigBadGeordie said:

UNBELIEVABLE!

That's not the point.

The man draws attention to the fact that despicable things like these are on offer before the foreigners come in, while all attention is going to the foreigners while the locals stay out of the light, mostly.

42 minutes ago, BigBadGeordie said:

UNBELIEVABLE!

No, you're trying to twist my words.  BOTH parties are to blame, not just one side, but if there is no supply, there can be no demand.  Simple economics. 

Man, it would be great if Thai customs could connect with the Interpol system for pedos and track them at the airport.

It is a problem in every country it is too bad that countries cannot stop people they suspect or at least warn other countries but that would not be pC

23 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

No, you're trying to twist my words.  BOTH parties are to blame, not just one side, but if there is no supply, there can be no demand.  Simple economics. 

"...if there is no supply, there can be no demand. Simple economics".

Simple economics?  Sounds much more like couldn't-be-more-wrong economics; if there is no supply demand can grow, if there is no demand there will be no supply!

26 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

You don't understand how supply and demand works.

1 hour ago, Just1Voice said:

As long as you have under legal aged girls selling it, you will have old men buying it.  

Usually the under age girls are not the ones who are selling their own bodies to some perverted foreign, Thai and other men. 

Not necessarily old men only.  

Edited by jenny2017

1 hour ago, Just1Voice said:

I would hope that the old men at least understand the "under legal age" bit.

33 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

If there is no demand, there will be no supply. Simple economics. In trying to highlight the plight of the old men, I would reckon that a fair proportion of adults will twist your words.

44 minutes ago, greenchair said:

Well no you can't blame the girls. But who are the people providing the girls. 

12 year old girls don't just mosy on up to pattaya nightlife by themselves.  Thai adults are seducing them into the trade with promises of a golden life. 

I read before about older Thai pimp women providing young girls to both Thai and foreigner pedophiles. 

In the article, it mentioned about a few of those women being arrested by the BIBs.

In the 20+ years I spent in Pattaya, on and off, I never met even one person who expressed any interest in sex with children, nor was I ever propositioned by a tout offering the services of a youngster. I'm not complaining; just trying to put things in perspective before the 'hang-em-high' brigade get going.

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Wasn't there a bit of a ruckus about THAI officials and underage girls a while back? However, easier to go after farangs with no power.

Pretty strange post for a poster like you.

Snip<

Up to 180 suspected foreign child sex abusers, including Australians, regularly visit or live in Pattaya, a city notorious for its seedy nightlife, according to a child protection organisation. Snip>

It's in no way about Thai people, it's about perverts from abroad who shouldn't be allowed to travel to Thailand.

Which part of it don't you understand? 

Edited by jenny2017

2 minutes ago, DoctorB said:

In the 20+ years I spent in Pattaya, on and off, I never met even one person who expressed any interest in sex with children, nor was I ever propositioned by a tout offering the services of a youngster. I'm not complaining; just trying to put things in perspective before the 'hang-em-high' brigade get going.

Likewise, but it's not as though it happens where you or I are likely to go.

Interesting that OZ is the country blocking travel for known offenders and yet our reputation is smeared with this defamatory story with doubtful figures in support???

I am certain there are some Australians in this nasty despicable trade but let us be honest, there are more Thai involved than foriegners and twenty times more than Aussies.

38 minutes ago, coxo said:

Twist my words, both parties are to blame, you would have to joking, a young child is to blame, you sound like a Pedo, hope they have a good look at you...Just1voice

HAHAHA.  They can look at me all they want.  Married to my first wife for 23 years before she died of cancer.  I was with her and her alone.  I'm now a month away from being 69, and married to my 59 year old Thai wife for 9 years.  Her and only her.  I haven't had a drink since July 4, 1974, and never done drugs.  And was a U.S. Marine for 20 years.  By all means, check away.  Is your past so clean, coxo? 

7 minutes ago, DoctorB said:

Wow! I don't buy your story now. I've visited Pattaya pretty often before I settled down in Isaan.

Not even living there, but I was offered kids to take to my hotel room from a money hungry mama sun. I'm sure that certain people have their websites and information on where to get what they prefer.

That doesn't say that Pattaya is as innocent as you're trying to sell it....