F1 2018

Basil B

10 hours ago, Mosha said:

Just a thought, but should causing an accident 3 times be a race ban? The team put in a reserve driver to cover.

Sent from my iris 505 using Tapatalk

He really needs to learn that it takes skill to overtake.....not desperation!!! Absolutely no need for that at that stage.

Rather a lightweight penalty as well considering his recent record!

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, oilinki said:

Kvyat still has the most penalty points :)

Verstappen has only 3. I wonder if he is going to get any from yesterday's collision. 

http://f1statblog.co.uk/f1-penalty-points/

Drivers are taking to many risks, really should be handing out more points, 12 should equal a 3 race ban.

Too much road rage, too much chancing it, until we see drivers sitting out races things will not improve.

1 minute ago, Basil B said:

Drivers are taking to many risks, really should be handing out more points, 12 should equal a 3 race ban.

Too much road rage, too much chancing it, until we see drivers sitting out races things will not improve.

I disagree. Sunday's race was awfully boring prior the safety car came. It was not racing, it was watching a train drive by. Not entertaining, unless one is Sheldon Cooper.

I'd be happy if the drivers would each do few 5-10 second mistake spins on the track on each race. Sometimes taking off their opponents, sometimes not. 

• 2 weeks later...

How much longer can they say Max is a young driver?

From today's pre race show. Max has taken himself out of 10% of his races. Danny 2%.

Red Bull makes the F1 races worth of the time watching. 

They race and don't just wait for mercy points of the race. 

You don't want team mates banging wheels. Max is an idiot.

Red Bull makes the F1 races worth of the time watching. 

They race and don't just wait for mercy points of the race. 

13 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Well that was an eventful race !!

Actually it was rather boring race prior the Red Bull accident, and even after that it was just few laps of racing. 

Last year's race at Baku was a real mayhem and good to watch. 

The only racing we saw was between Max and Riccardo. 

Very unfortunate what happened to Bottas. I'm not sure if he deserved the win as he got the first place due safety car. Then again, it would have been interesting to see how he would have managed to take Hamilton and Vettel after his tire change to ultrasoft tires. 

Did Räikkönen show that he is worthy to be the Ferrari driver for the year 2019 as well? He is actually getting faster, even compared to Vettel. 

Well some drivers had bad luck, some drivers took too many chances, some drivers had good luck.

It was Lewis's turn for good luck, he needed it, Max in post match interview looked like a school boy waiting for the call to the headmasters study for six of the best... and poor Bottas that was bad luck.

Max fan boy Horner says both were to blame. That race was the accident waiting to happen. The way Newey and Horner were exchanging glances throughout the race was telling. As was Newey leaving the pit wall. I think Red Bull might need 2 replacements next year. Daniel said he was not talking to another team, he might now.

https://es.pn/2KpfmdJ

2 minutes ago, Mosha said:

Max fan boy Horner says both were to blame. That race was the accident waiting to happen. The way Newey and Horner were exchanging glances throughout the race was telling. As was Newey leaving the pit wall. I think Red Bull might need 2 replacements next year. Daniel said he was not talking to another team, he might now.

https://es.pn/2KpfmdJ

Who though,?,

Be nice if they could stop bits of Carbon Fiber falling off hece all the punctures, at least metal hung on better after a tap.It has its place, but in my car the Walnuts gone  replaced by Boy Racer CF, and as my Wife say that plastic stuff looks cheap.

Fernando Alonso described his drive in the Azerbaijan Grand Prix, in which he took a badly damaged McLaren to a seventh-place finish, as "one of the best races of my life".

Only now, though, can it be revealed exactly how good a performance it was.

The Spaniard slipped under the radar in the immediate aftermath of the race in Baku, probably because events at the front were so dramatic.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/43973625

Hope he gets to taste the champers soon...

23 hours ago, Basil B said:

Just a prediction, but this may be just the weekend for Alonso to get a podium finish?

That would require 50% of the Merc, Ferrari and Red Bull drivers to fail and no other team to have a great race. I don't see that happening.

Is Ferrari now the fastest car on the track? Will Kimi get another year extension to his contract? He has been driving as well as his teammate Vettel. 

Archived