If you can have one wish for Thailand in 2018 what would it be.

KhunMhee

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

I will say we do not need or want EU influence or any other emigrants to voice their opinion how my country should be run, but we accept it. We do not like it, but we have to. 

Are you sure that Thai Visa is the right forum for you ?

Thai Visa is a forum where predominately Westerners talk about Thailand .

Maybe you would prefer "emigrants" to have no opinion and to just accept the pollution , the corruption , terrible road standards and just go around with a stupid smile on their faces ?

On 1/3/2018 at 6:19 PM, Mac98 said:

Good one. That alone would attract 40,000 additional retirees. That's not a lot scattered all over Thailand as they are not going to buy downtown Bangkok. If each generated an additional $25,000 income then that would be an annual boost to the Thai economy of $1 billion, or 33 billion baht.

I as well would like the  opportunity to buy land or at least a house in my own name  but the idea of it attracting additional retirees is not something I think Thailand either wants or would like.

1 hour ago, watcharacters said:

I as well would like the  opportunity to buy land or at least a house in my own name  but the idea of it attracting additional retirees is not something I think Thailand either wants or would like.

That money, scattered in the town's and villages, would be welcome, especially as retirees seldom take away Thai jobs, unlike the millions of young immigrants flooding America and the EU.