If you can have one wish for Thailand in 2018 what would it be.

KhunMhee

My sincere wish is for the House of Cards AKA the Thai Economy come crashing back to earth sooner rather than later.  This outright manlipulation of the Baht by the Bank of Thailand has got to stop once and for all.  Alĺ these platitutes that come from their mouths about the robust economy are nothing but pablum for the ignorant Thais who continute to believe their every word.  Crash, Crash, Crash is my wish, thank you very much.

• Thanks 1

Does that include the thing you drive...?

The same old straw-man argument still as weak as ever.

If we can’t have a tobacco smoke free environment How about once and for all set a hard limit of 182 days per year limit on Tourist visas get rid of the “living illegally” argument and go back to letting people who qualify for Visa exempts use them as they are intended.

6 minutes ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

The same old straw-man argument still as weak as ever.

If we can’t have a tobacco smoke free environment How about once and for all set a hard limit of 182 days per year limit on Tourist visas get rid of the “living illegally” argument and go back to letting people who qualify for Visa exempts use them as they are intended.

What on earth are you talking about. I asked you a question and you have turned it around to visa's...Perhaps you drive a diesel and want to deviate...?

On 1/3/2018 at 7:42 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

I wish it was as easy for me to stay in LOS as it was in the 90s. If I was allowed a second wish, I'd wish for all the bar girls to be as pretty as they were in the 90s too.

They're still pretty now, just your taste hasn't changed since then.

I wish less noisy bars in residential areas so I can sleep well at home. 

16 hours ago, Redcurry said:

They're still pretty now, just your taste hasn't changed since then.

I wish less noisy bars in residential areas so I can sleep well at home. 

Oh I know what constitutes "pretty" and the girls in many Pattaya bar beers are NOT pretty. 

I'm not going to claim that back then they were ALL pretty; far from it. However, I could always find a few gems among the dross. Recently, the only pretty girls have been in the gogos. Last time I stayed in Pattaya, the prettiest girl available was a tout for a gogo on Walking St.

Not to say there aren't pretty girls in Pattaya. Heaps walking around in Central.

On 08/02/2018 at 1:32 PM, transam said:

What on earth are you talking about. I asked you a question and you have turned it around to visa's...Perhaps you drive a diesel and want to deviate...?

Scientists have came to the conclusion that people who drive diesels have bigger  balls... 

I haven't read all 109 posts (so this may already have been said), but it seems that most are not wishes "for Thailand", but wishes for the posters.

I wish for a peaceful and permanent solution to the problems in the south.

Yes, it's also a selfish wish as I would really like to do some touring/exploring there, but Mrs C will not consider it due to the constant reports of terrorism.

Edited by chickenslegs
Oh, and an end to the 2pm to 5pm ban on buying beer/wine/spirits.

• 2 months later...
On 1/3/2018 at 11:02 AM, simoh1490 said:

That's two, you said one!:shock1:

I wish for all the money spent on corruption to be invested in infrastructure.

I can't fault your wish.

I'd hope that would include clean tap drinking water as well.

On 2/9/2018 at 8:58 PM, speedtripler said:

What's a ute you bogan? 

Well most folk call a pickup truck a  pickup, but in the land of dangling cork hats they call them a Ute, short for utility vehicle...:stoner:

Though myself I would call a garbage truck a utility vehicle....:biggrin:

That aliens (mostly farangs) finally understand that Thailand is NOT their colony.

That we aren't here to change Thailand into a better place.

That we have absolutely NO RIGHT on doing that.

That they're doing us a favour when they accept to speak your language in their country.

1 minute ago, yuiop said:

That aliens (mostly farangs) finally understand that Thailand is NOT their colony.

That we aren't here to change Thailand into a better place.

That we have absolutely NO RIGHT on doing that.

That they're doing us a favour when they accept to speak your language in their country.

I do believe that felangs should have an opinion and be allowed to air that opinion

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, yuiop said:

Lets say we meet half way. My native language is not English

Edited by Hummin

8 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I do believe that felangs should have an opinion and be allowed to air that opinion

I will say we do not need or want EU influence or any other emigrants to voice their opinion how my country should be run, but we accept it. We do not like it, but we have to.