Cheap Charlie Farangs that expect service but do not want to pay

cyberfarang

22 minutes ago, Finlaco said:

It's often funny to read articles like this and the experts advising ....

The cost of a songthaew ride is B40 per person each way to/from Doi Suthep. They depart from Huay Kaew Road near the Zoo.  

The ride back into town is B20 per person.  

I do think that your prices are a bit out of date , its 80 Baht from the Zoo to Doi Suthep one way and its a minimum of 30 Baht, back into town (from the zoo)

The cheap Charlie is alive and well in Thailand. I had a faring friend who asked me to help with installing a new operating system on his PC which was giving him trouble.

i agreed to help him do this and in all actuality I did it myself. I traveled to his home which was quite a distance from my place with all the equipment to do this. Spent about 2.5 hours completing the install of a SSD and the new OS windows 7 64 with MIcrosoft Security System.

His wife was home at the time. NO offer of lunch, a cola or even a class of water! She was too busy I guess plus I paid my own travel expense to his home. I didn’t expect any thing but....

He said he did not understand the expression “cheap charlie”, and I didn’t try to explain it to him.

We are not friends any longer! 

Sad but true! 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Doesn't surprise me, Chiang Mai has a reputation for being cheaper which attracts a lot of libtard backpackers who'll try to the minimum despite having 10 grand in the bank from mummy and daddy. Taxi man does seem to be overcharging though, but speaks good English by the sounds of it

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The cheap Charlie is alive and well in Thailand. I had a faring friend who asked me to help with installing a new operating system on his PC which was giving him trouble.
i agreed to help him do this and in all actuality I did it myself. I traveled to his home which was quite a distance from my place with all the equipment to do this. Spent about 2.5 hours completing the install of a SSD and the new OS windows 7 64 with MIcrosoft Security System.
His wife was home at the time. NO offer of lunch, a cola or even a class of water! She was too busy I guess plus I paid my own travel expense to his home. I didn’t expect any thing but....
He said he did not understand the expression “cheap charlie”, and I didn’t try to explain it to him.
Sad but true! 
So you expected payment of sorts? Whether food drink or an offer of money. Some people would do that as a favour with no payment expected. If time for lunch go for lunch
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, miamiman123 said:

Sad but true! 

If I offered to help a friend with something like this I wouldn't expect to be paid for it. I wouldn't take any money unless he forced some petrol money on me if it really was a distance.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, miamiman123 said:

Sad but true! 

This is exactly the reason I have nothing to do with farang ...  only thai's.

but then again ... I've been around ...

Edited by steven100
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, alien365 said:

If I offered to help a friend with something like this I wouldn't expect to be paid for it. I wouldn't take any money unless he forced some petrol money on me if it really was a distance.

Just now, steven100 said:

favour ....   :cheesy:

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
3 minutes ago, steven100 said:

No such thing as favours anymore?

a favour usually means the person will assist or help you ... not just conveniently not be there,  also a sandwich for lunch would be ok ...   but it wasn't to be .....   as such it suggests his help wasn't appreciated.

• Like 2

My better half runs a guesthouse in the old town.

A new guest asked to use the office toilet as it was closer than her room....on this occasion. 

The office was quite busy with new customers/guests. Later that day she went to use the toilet and found her expensive Lancome perfume had been lifted.

She learnt her lesson. Put expensive stuff away and don't trust anyone at the Guesthouse. 

Unfortunately she couldn't prove who took the perfume as many guests have access to the office toilet.

Some low lifes just can't help themselves

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CMKiwi said:

My better half runs a guesthouse in the old town.

A new guest asked to use the office toilet as it was closer than her room....on this occasion. 

The office was quite busy with new customers/guests. Later that day she went to use the toilet and found her expensive Lancome perfume had been lifted.

She learnt her lesson. Put expensive stuff away and don't trust anyone at the Guesthouse. 

Unfortunately she couldn't prove who took the perfume as many guests have access to the office toilet.

Some low lifes just can't help themselves

the world is so full of low life farangs ......  as I said ... I have nothing to do with them ...   thai's yes .... farang no

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

the world is so full of low life farangs ......  as I said ... I have nothing to do with them ...   thai's yes .... farang no

That sounds a little one sided to me.....

Edited by metisdead
Oversize and intrusive emoji removed.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, steven100 said:

There's so many cheap charlie farangs in Thailand .....   They expect 5 star service for a three star price .....  

That's why I don't drink with farang ....    they are cheap.  !!

Not all but from what I have seen in bars it's most. 

Chinese are worse. Talking to a bar owner who served great food he said a group Chinese came in and asked for glasses and ice then proceeded to bring out the beers they bought from 711. He thought they migh be going to order food so he let it go but when presented with menus they didn't want food either. Just sit, use his tables, glasses and ice and pay him nothing. So they were asked to leave. Guess he Los some good customers there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There's so many cheap charlie farangs in Thailand .....   They expect 5 star service for a three star price .....  

You are drinking with your rich military friends?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

A bar I used to frequent in Bangkok had an American customer who would, without fail, always steal the soap from the washbasin in the toilets.

But did he also get a roll of toilet paper?   That's the real score.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, transam said:

That sounds a little one sided to me.....

no ....  I just prefer to have a beer with Thai's ... not farang .   But each to his own ....   I will chat with farang nearby but generally don't get involved.  But thats just me.

Doesn't surprise me, Chiang Mai has a reputation for being cheaper which attracts a lot of libtard backpackers who'll try to the minimum despite having 10 grand in the bank from mummy and daddy. Taxi man does seem to be overcharging though, but speaks good English by the sounds of it

There are those who can afford to spend but won't. But there are also a lot of people who settle in Thailand who were not very prosperous in their home country and really don't have two nickels to rub together.

Do you think I should buy a White BMW or the silver one?

• Haha 1