Police search for foreigner after Pattaya bar girl dies from condo fall

rooster59

On a completely different tack:

"Police are continuing their investigations before releasing the name of the wanted foreign man."

Or CCTV or Photo?

Why not?

I could put forward scurrilous, non-evidence based speculation that he is one of those well respected foreign "businessmen" and a frequent contributor to local "charities", so the police need time to establish that it has all been a tragic, unfortunate, misunderstanding, and eliminate him from their enquiries?

Then his name need never come into the public domain.

But I know such baseless speculation is anathema to my fellow TVF contributors..........so I will not.

Edited by Enoon

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't blame him from running no matter what the circumstances.He may have nothing whatsoever to do with her death but if he was there and he is a farang thats enough to be charged guilty .No need to spend a long time with all sorts of lengthy investigation,just get the money from farang---- case closed

59 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No point a farang fleeing. His passport number has been noted when he checked in. If it's a farang, he's done.

Assuming it wasn't her place, wasn't a short time hotel, and the hotel he stayed at bothered with the paperwork.

I've often wondered why there are so many balcony falls by farangs.  Just maybe they have some help after refusing to pay the bill and the girl calls in her backup team.  Could have been what happened here.  She threatened him and he got in first and helped her off the balcony.  He would then need to disappear quickly before the backup team arrived. No time to pick up the condoms.  I doubt any cheap charlies will read this but if any does, think twice before refusing payment or you may join the parachuteless base jumpers club.

RIP young lady.  Too bad there are not enough safer occupations for these girls to work in to earn money for themselves and family.

16 hours ago, barefootbangkok said:

So very few words of sympathy for the poor girl. It's not important what nationality she was, folks. For Pete's sake, someone died!

Can't believe how callous so many people are!  Her family and friends are in mourning.  Poor girl!

All lives matter!!!

Well, perhaps she was Thai, "The woman, who had been working as a beer bar girl on Soi 6, Pattaya 2nd Road., has been identified as 26 year old Wannipha Chanhuathon." From the thread article.

14 hours ago, sanemax said:

That point has already been made numerous times in this thread .

A bargirl is highly unlikely to decide to commit suicide whilst at a customers hotel

An old ferang with depression is quite likely to commit suicide from his hotel room .

Even saying that , ferang  deaths are investigated

Well, now, maybe just unlikely. I had a lady in the PI who got upset because a buddy had touched her a$$ and I did not beat him for it--she did have a nice a$$. So the wacko locked herself in the bathroom and slit her wrists.

13 hours ago, spermwhale said:

Indeed you are correct. Suicide is quite uncommon here. It's doubtful a 26 year old Thai would jump to her death. 

According to the Public Health Ministry of Thailand, 4,000 Thai people commit suicide each year.

Broken hearts and family-related issues were the top reasons for Thais to commit suicide, with a monthly average of 300 per month or 4,000 cases every year. That figure makes it the country with the third-most suicides in the world, according to Public Health Ministry spokesman and psychiatrist Dr Yongyuth Wongpiromsan.

https://ethailand.com/breaking-news/thailand-third-most-suicides-world/1627/

On 06/01/2018 at 6:08 PM, electric said:

What the ?

No mention of her nationality in the OP, so your little rant about farangs is pretty pointless. She could well be Thai, Chinese, Cambodian .... whatever.

There are no Chinese bar girls in Soi 6 or any place else operating in Thailand.It's 99% Thai.

Just now, The manic said:

There are no Chinese bar girls in Soi 6 or any place else operating in Thailand.It's 99% Thai.

Step out of your comfort zone, women from Myanmar, Laos and Cambodia are all trafficked in large numbers outside Pattaya or Bangkok 

9 hours ago, Enoon said:

On a completely different tack:

"Police are continuing their investigations before releasing the name of the wanted foreign man."

Or CCTV or Photo?

Why not?

I could put forward scurrilous, non-evidence based speculation that he is one of those well respected foreign "businessmen" and a frequent contributor to local "charities", so the police need time to establish that it has all been a tragic, unfortunate, misunderstanding, and eliminate him from their enquiries?

Then his name need never come into the public domain.

But I know such baseless speculation is anathema to my fellow TVF contributors..........so I will not.

Rambling nonsense

5 minutes ago, isaanbanhou said:

Step out of your comfort zone, women from Myanmar, Laos and Cambodia are all trafficked in large numbers outside Pattaya or Bangkok 

Trafficked! Don't talk cliches. Talk to the girls. Soi 6 bar girls are not Chinese. Unlikely to be Burmese and not trafficked.  They come and go as they please. You live in a fantasy land. You step into Soi 6 and look for any signs of trafficking then look at your own country and its track record.

Edited by The manic

10 hours ago, biplanebluey said:

I don't blame him from running no matter what the circumstances.He may have nothing whatsoever to do with her death but if he was there and he is a farang thats enough to be charged guilty .No need to spend a long time with all sorts of lengthy investigation,just get the money from farang---- case closed

Definitely a possible scenario.  Even if innocent, the girl's family could complain, try to extort money, keep him from leaving the country or put him in jail, etc.  I can understand why somebody would flee the country as soon as possible.

11 hours ago, AboutThaim said:

I've often wondered why there are so many balcony falls by farangs.  Just maybe they have some help after refusing to pay the bill and the girl calls in her backup team.  Could have been what happened here.  She threatened him and he got in first and helped her off the balcony.  He would then need to disappear quickly before the backup team arrived. No time to pick up the condoms.  I doubt any cheap charlies will read this but if any does, think twice before refusing payment or you may join the parachuteless base jumpers club.

A not-so-nefarious answer to your initial question is that the balcony railings in many Thai buildings are much lower than they are "back home". 

So anyone accustomed to leaning on a proper balcony railing could be in for a tragic turn if they're not expecting a low rail.  Especially if they're a little (or a lot) tipsy.

20 hours ago, manta said:

Think they should seriously think of putting bars on the balconies the amount of times this is happening, and I thought it was dangerous walking under coconut trees.

I have walked under coconut trees several times (though notin Pattaya) and I am still OK.

1 hour ago, impulse said:

A not-so-nefarious answer to your initial question is that the balcony railings in many Thai buildings are much lower than they are "back home". 

So anyone accustomed to leaning on a proper balcony railing could be in for a tragic turn if they're not expecting a low rail.  Especially if they're a little (or a lot) tipsy.

Yes, just the other day , I went to lean back on my balcony railing (which is waist high)

I was one step more forward than I though that I was and as I hit the railing , my body weight became top heavy and I lost balance and I am quite sure that the momentum would have taken me over the balcony , had it been just a bit lower .

So easy to do .

P.S. *Do not try this out on your own balcony , it does work and you yourself may end up going over* 

29 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Yes, just the other day , I went to lean back on my balcony railing (which is waist high)

I was one step more forward than I though that I was and as I hit the railing , my body weight became top heavy and I lost balance and I am quite sure that the momentum would have taken me over the balcony , had it been just a bit lower .

So easy to do .

P.S. *Do not try this out on your own balcony , it does work and you yourself may end up going over* 

When I first moved into my 5th floor Asoke apartment, a couple of birds (the kind with wings) were trying to kill a 3rd bird on the balcony below mine.  I leaned over for a better look and realized that my center of gravity was way out over the rail.  Had the floor been wet and my feet slipped, I would have gone over.  Lesson learned, fortunately not the hard way.

Several hotels I've stayed at had bolted or welded extensions to make their balcony railings higher.  So it seems some have recognized the danger...

20 hours ago, brucec64 said:

There is a little more info in the BP. The man had an argument with his gf, stormed out then brought the soi 6 girl back to his room.

This opens up all kinds of jealousy scenarios.

Is that a fact ?

If so, then that suggests that it was murder , with the slight possibility that it may be been an accident

16 minutes ago, murraynz said:

i dont know why so many respondents here, make sick,sarcastic comments..this is a tragedy, regardless of who it is, especially for somebody so young...

I agree ................... it's a tragedy this has happened. These girls are working to survive ...... no social welfare or benefits here! Respect that this young girl's life has been lost & what their families will be suffering for many years to come. She probably had children looked after by mama etc, which makes the situation even more tragic. It does happen too frequently here to young girls left abandoned with children. Show some respect & sympathy on this board .............. sometimes I feel like throwing up reading some of these posts & deleleting my membership ............. rest in peace young lady.

Edited by Daveyh