<deleted>

Snackbar

I’m not a newbie, a sex pat, a go home if you don’t like it delusionist, an annoying baiter - a troll, neither am I a hater, a LGBT or fluid gender whatever the current political correct BS might be.

I’m 50 yrs old, rational, easy going and get by here employed with a work permit, have been since the tsunami.  I’ve played the field, been married briefly and divorced in a heart beat for the sum of B50.00

Everyday Thainess isn’t a problem, I think a majority are pretty dumb, backward and deserve better, perhaps. What I cannot understand to a degree is when it’s all lost in translation. When my neighbor thinks it’s OK to use my property as their own, to scream their discourse with no regard for others. For knob ed’s to block my gate with their car. For sum div to stop their bike at a traffic light and block every other road user from turning left ‘with caution’. Beep the bike horn for them to <deleted> out of the way to be met with perplexed expressions from all about.

My current squeeze speaks English but regularly uses the wrong vocabulary, the wrong tense. Act completed are stated as the present. The gender is of people is often reversed, Times are neither am or pm leading to confusion and delay. At work my colleagues insist on speaking Thai despite numerous ‘meetings’ and discussion and promises to only speak Engrish.

I know I can go home if I don’t like it, and I’m free to ‘bash’ and criticize or praise whom ever I like, that’s one of the many advantages of an education but <deleted> me how stupid are these people?

Considering the relative ease of the Thai language compared to the complicated English language, I have great admiration for the Thai who speak English well, and also for those who make a creditable effort though not using English language on anything nearing a regular basis.

I suspect I am afforded the same tolerance from the Thai, when using Thai.

Tolerance, combined with respect for people doing their best, will get you a long way in Thailand.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

//CLOSED//