PM’s claim to be a politician won’t impact process of reconciliation

webfact

PM’s claim to be a politician won’t impact process of reconciliation

By The Nation

31bf40f2d4c3a36ab1a58c80c8f5c35a.jpeg

PRIME MINISTER General Prayut Chan-o-cha’s recent declaration that he is now a soldier-turned-politician will not affect reconciliation efforts, Deputy Prime Minister General Prawit Wongsuwan said yesterday.

The Deputy Prime Minister yesterday chaired the meeting with relevant officials at the Defence Ministry to update them on the work of the reconciliation preparation committee over the past year.

After meeting with political parties and groups, the government-appointed committee late last year came up with a 15-point declaration towards reconciliation that is being touted as a “social contract” between concerned parties.

Prawit said the premier’s declaration had nothing to do with the ongoing reconciliation process as it’s Prawit’s own matter. Efforts would now focus more on raising public awareness about the matter as the committee believes that the public remains largely unaware of the process, he added.

Relevant government offices would adopt the declaration into their work plans. 

“Forces” would also be dispatched to work on the ground in a bid to dissolve political “colours” among the people, Prawit said.

Prawit insisted that the next moves have nothing to do with the coming election. He also urged the public to “avoid frustration” by not mixing them up.

The Deputy PM said he would not contest the election. He said that in his present position he is not a politician and will not change his military status to that of a politician. He entered politics merely to accomplish the assigned task, Prawit said.

However, said Prawit, he would, as always, support the Prime Minister following his recent declaration as a politician.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30335733

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-01-09

3 hours ago, webfact said:

General Prayut Chan-o-cha’s recent declaration that he is now a soldier-turned-politician will not affect reconciliation efforts

Nothing the junta does will affect reconciliation, everybody has learned that by now. I wonder what actually would affect reconciliation..., aah Yingluck,... that's why she is in London. Now I wonder what constitutes "reconciliation" for the junta..., aah got it: Business as usual.

btw, if I declare myself a millionaire, would that make me one? Maybe if I had Thai genes...

Edited by klauskunkel

Reconciliation ,what reconciliation,that's never going to happen,

there's 2 sides and they are too far apart and hate each other

for that to happen,they will always put themselves first,before

helping the country.

regards worgeordie

4 hours ago, webfact said:

PRIME MINISTER General Prayut Chan-o-cha’s recent declaration that he is now a soldier-turned-politician will not affect reconciliation efforts, Deputy Prime Minister General Prawit Wongsuwan said yesterday.

well, if this guy said it, you can bet the opposite;

Prayut will campaign as an anti-old school politician, virtually a Unity campaign

1. A politician is a person that is ready to talk with everyone and to find a compromise out of every situation, a General is habituated to order and to see that all the peoples follow with no discussion.
  2. So what do you think? Is General Prayut a politician or a soldier???

Reconciliation 101 Hun Sen's style is progressing well....

Sent all politicos to jail where they can reconcile, run elections alone since he is a "politician". Job done. 

Then buy another watch for Prawit as a "Thank you for your support" :whistling: