Sun, sea, sand... and a £5bn sex trade: Seedy side of Brit crooks' Thai haven

webfact

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one's questioning or commenting on the "exploitative" activities of Western farangs in Thailand

Oh no, they're far too busy pointing how wrong the reporter got it on the "idyllic beaches" as if somehow,

that's what people reading the report back home are gonna be focused on.

For me, I think the greater presence of Western women in places like Walking Street and others like soi cowboy is fantastic and a welcome development.

If a sexpat's happy to do what he does, he shouldn't give a damn if there's a sneering, disapproving farang woman taking the piss out of him as he 

slips quietly outta the gogo bar with a girl a third of his age and a quarter of his weight.

But it is not just sex for sale that attracts foreigners. Cheap property, a low cost of living and year-round sunshine are a pull too.

Cheap property? Where? In a jungle village 2 clicks from the Burmese border?

Low cost of living? Same as above!

Year round sunshine? Never has been! With a minimum 6 month monsoon season which seems to have extended itself to 9 months of the year!

Its obvious the author of this article hasn’t had even a cut toe nail in the Kingdom!

4 hours ago, webfact said:

With its idyllic beaches and crystal clear blue seas, Pattaya could be the definition of paradise.

If there are still any TV members who believe a word they read in the UK gutter press then they should take note of the above.  Complete rubbish but that is what their readers want I suppose, titillation and nothing else.

The British tabloids the Sun and the Mirror are doing the Thai Tourist board free advertising  come on all you losers come to Pattaya for Sex booze and drugs 

if you are a. Ex con then buy a old bar and do your thing

I  am sure the  Thai government officials are monitoring the British news papers and are aware of what is being said 

but with the amount of money involved for Pattaya and Thailand are keeping Mum 

4 hours ago, webfact said:

tourists can buy T-shirts with the slogan: Good guys go to heaven, bad guys go to Pattaya.

Clearly all one needs to know, to instruct the British Navy to nuke the place, before they put anything even-ruder on a T-shirt, which might corrupt our youth ! :shock1:

3 hours ago, Thechook said:

This isn't news, people around the world have always known what Pattaya is.

Except Miss Amanda Killelea, a professional journalist who apparently has been living under a rock in the middle of London for the past 40 years or so.

Edited by Misterwhisper

3 hours ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

I fully concur. Great post - and true.

It was a dreadful post and, with the exception of the highlighted sentence about Thailand, 100% of it was false!

"Brits pretty much have a lock down on sex in their own country. By all but banning prostitution and by portraying sex as a morally dirty, seedy, sleazy, sinful and guilty pursuit. Now they continue to try to eradicate sex in every other country that they find it. Well in Thailand sex is not a sin against a Christian god but something like sanook or fun. So the boring conservative British media should better focus on the drunken fights happening across provincial towns in their country every Friday and Saturday as a result of nobody being able to get laid".

6 minutes ago, Blackheart1916 said:

If the alleged reporter actually checked the place out, she might be surprised to learn Pattaya consists of more than three streets.

She probably did not write the article. This is how it happens -- at the morning news conference, the editor, chief reporter, news editor and chief sub would all agree that the Vella case needed a follow-up -- "... get ANY-FRACKING THING." So Amanda, who's got nothing on, is roared at to "... get ANY-FRACKING THING." She trawls for a few quotes, but can't advance the story, so a grubby, beer-sodden and socially dysfunctional sub editor is told by the chief sub to "sex-it-up". And voila: yellow journalism in action. I worked briefly for the yellow press, in a fit of youthful exuberance and self-importance, but quickly developed a conscience.

2 hours ago, Thai Ron said:

No one's questioning or commenting on the "exploitative" activities of Western farangs in Thailand

Oh no, they're far too busy pointing how wrong the reporter got it on the "idyllic beaches" as if somehow,

that's what people reading the report back home are gonna be focused on.

For me, I think the greater presence of Western women in places like Walking Street and others like soi cowboy is fantastic and a welcome development.

If a sexpat's happy to do what he does, he shouldn't give a damn if there's a sneering, disapproving farang woman taking the piss out of him as he 

slips quietly outta the gogo bar with a girl a third of his age and a quarter of his weight.

I tend to agree with you Thai Ron but as in many other situations involving exploitation of adults and child labour what is/ where are the answers?  Stop the exploitation and let them and their families starve?  I would like the sneering farang women to come up with some suggestions occasionally!