Noisy Karaoke Bar Shutdown

MyFriend You

29 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Yeah, it seems that way in many countries. It's been almost 12 years since I was in the States and I have spent most of my adult life outside the States; however, I have never lived anywhere in the States where foreigners were even prevalent. let alone outnumbered Americans. In fact, in several places, my two SEA wives were the only foreign persons in the area. I intend to go back for a visit this spring; let's see if that has changed--at least in the areas I will frequent.

My brother used to teach science at a Sydney (Australia) school. Sydney's water supply came from Warragamba Dam. One day he was teaching and said that Sydney's water cam from Wogaramba Dam. One of the kids corrected him and said don't you mean Warragamba Dam sir. My brother replied you obviously haven't been there on a Sunday. Well he would not get away with saying that now and he would have to think up an Asian reference. Maybe Wallagamba Dam.

3 hours ago, torrzent said:

The thread is about "noisy" karaoke, just as it is not about "not liking karaoke", so your pretzel logic doesn't flow through

I'm not sure I've ever seen or heard a quiet karaoke bar, except when closed.

5 hours ago, smotherb said:

Gee, did someone twist your pretzel?  Alright, I'll rephrase it. Not having a Thai woman does not make you celibate; just as not liking noisy karaoke does not make you a teetotaler and neither make you geriatric. Therefore, the probabilities would be better represented if you limited it to an entire building filled with farangs who do not enjoy karaoke noise late at night. 

killjoy.....were you an accountant in a previous life?

5 hours ago, smotherb said:

Yeah, it seems that way in many countries. It's been almost 12 years since I was in the States and I have spent most of my adult life outside the States; however, I have never lived anywhere in the States where foreigners were even prevalent. let alone outnumbered Americans. In fact, in several places, my two SEA wives were the only foreign persons in the area. I intend to go back for a visit this spring; let's see if that has changed--at least in the areas I will frequent.

two wives, so I suppose you're going to Utah ?
you may be in for a surprise since things are changing fast:
states with the largest percentage increase in foreign-language speakers 2000 to 2013 were: ... ... ...  Utah, up 47 percent .....
one out of eight students in Kansas, Utah, Minnesota, and Idaho speaks a foreign language at home

1 hour ago, KKr said:

states with the largest percentage increase in foreign-language speakers 2000 to 2013 were: ... ... ...  Utah, up 47 percent .....
one out of eight students in Kansas, Utah, Minnesota, and Idaho speaks a foreign language at home

I've had three wives, the first was American; my other two continue to please me. Never lived in any of the States you mention; although I have visited them. I have lived in Florida, Texas, Arizona, Virginia, Hawaii, and Ohio--only had other Americans as neighbors. I guess I will see.

12 hours ago, KKr said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/02/us/international-enrollment-drop.html

Better fast forward to the future as your data is 5 years old, and the trend is actually in the opposite direction, including in the places you mention!

On 11/01/2018 at 11:28 AM, AlQaholic said:

Condominium act Section 19 par. 5 stipulates Bangkok as exempt, where foreign ownership can exceed 49%. At the end of the act, Pattaya is also declared as an "other local government zone" with equal status as Bangkok.

I don't remember the Condominium Act 2522 saying that. I can't even remember reading the words, "Bangkok" or "Pattaya" in the Act.

I stand to be corrected though.

Where are you getting your info from?

16 hours ago, smotherb said:

I've had three wives, the first was American; my other two continue to please me. Never lived in any of the States you mention; although I have visited them. I have lived in Florida, Texas, Arizona, Virginia, Hawaii, and Ohio--only had other Americans as neighbors. I guess I will see.

Good luck on your travels

23 hours ago, blackcab said:

I don't remember the Condominium Act 2522 saying that. I can't even remember reading the words, "Bangkok" or "Pattaya" in the Act.

I stand to be corrected though.

Where are you getting your info from?

Translated version downloaded from somewhere, can't remember from where, but I downloaded several versions and compared/compiled. Of course only correct version is the Thai version.

Screenshot (5).png

Screenshot (4).png

If you don't want noise, girls, nightclubs, and chaos .

Why would you go to pattaya?

Everybody that wants quiet go to huahin or samsaen. 

Pattaya has always been loved for its noise and excitement. 

One of the few places in the world where people can sing, dance, get drunk, have sex and be free. 

Stop trying to change it. 

You should leave.