Ukrainian beg packer flogging "his own postcards" revealed on Facebook

webfact

Ukrainian beg packer flogging "his own postcards" revealed on Facebook

10pm.jpg

Picture: TaiiwaN' Yanawimuti

A Facebook post showed a Ukrainian beg packer in the street trying to get money from postcards.

The blond man - who many posters said they recognized as someone they had seen before - explained that he needs money for his trip and to get back home to Europe.

The poster, TaiiwaN' Yanawimuti, claims that he said he took the pictures himself and turned them into postcards for sale.

Customers can name their own price.

And, apparently, he has a story to tell behind every picture.

Indy Popee said in comments: "He sells all over the place".

Reaction generally was favorable to the beg packer with one saying: "Oho...how clever!"

Source: FB TaiiwaN' Yanawimuti

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-01-11

Its a sort of begging though isn't it....they are always saying they need the money to get back to Europe... (I dont know what airline today sells a one way ticket to any country) but like big Leg and others, there not going home.

2 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Its a sort of begging though isn't it....they are always saying they need the money to get back to Europe... (I dont know what airline today sells a one way ticket to any country) but like big Leg and others, there not going home.

Most airlines sell one way tickets, why wouldn't they?  And no, it is not a sort of begging, which is defined as asking for something as charity or a gift, as they are offering something in return, a postcard, it is a sort of trade, the fact that they chose to encourage people to do the trade with them by telling them about their circumstance does not make it begging. 

It is barter and not begging and it was done all over the world until governments became overzealous about every little transaction people made.   We all know WORK is a four letter word in Thailand and what he is doing is not legal, but impressed by his drive but not the orange pants. 

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Well at least he is trying to get money himself to get home.

None of the usual BS of setting up a go fund me page.

Now lets wait for the..... no work permit brigade to get started.

Umm, well, uh...DOES he need a work permit?

2 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Com'on. "They are going home. But methinks Big Leg might be headed that way in a pine box soon.

Edited by UPDEHSOI

Well at least he is trying to get money himself to get home.
None of the usual BS of setting up a go fund me page.

Now lets wait for the..... no work permit brigade to get started.

I am not so sure he wants to go home, this is just a form of living for him . Life is probably harder in Ukraine.

27 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Well your the first congratulations.

( you're ) Hee hee hee. Straighten up yer English there Colinneil, ya cranky ole bugger. By the way, iffen ya still needs some help over on yer "farm", I may submit an application. I ain't got nuttin' teh do fer the next 78 days. And I don't think I could make a go of it selling postcards.

29 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

From the Thai embassy site--- "No, you cannot apply or even enter Thailand on a Tourist visa on a one-way ticket". http://www.thaiembassy.com/faq/thai-visa-on-a-one-way-ticket.php

You only need an onward ticket to gain entry, it does not have to be a flight, it can be a bus ticket.  Anyway, what on earth has Thai visa requirements got to do with people trying to raise money for a one way flight out of Thailand?

3 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

"...I dont know what airline today sells a one way ticket to any country..."

Really?  Do some research.

4 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

From the Thai embassy site--- "No, you cannot apply or even enter Thailand on a Tourist visa on a one-way ticket". http://www.thaiembassy.com/faq/thai-visa-on-a-one-way-ticket.php

That's all well and good, but these are not people looking to come TO Thailand... they're already here.  They're alleging that they want to go back to their country of citizenship... what's immigration going to say, "welcome home to the country you were born and probably spent most of your life in and hold a passport from and perhaps have a permanent address in, sir, now please show proof of onward travel"?