Multiple Re-entry Permit ahead of time

Can you apply for a Multiple Re-Entry Permit ahead of time? I wanted to just have it ready and done, rather than hassling before a trip. However, when filling out the TM.8, it asks for travel dates. I understand on a single re-entry permit you would know your travel dates, but I haven't planned all my trips yet....and wouldn't expect that of a Multiple Re-entry Permit holder.

If I did put it off and did this at the airport prior to my international flight, is it really as effortless as people report? I would panic if I was ready for an international flight and got denied.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The dates on the TM8 form are not relevant. You can put any date on it you want to. Some offices will even accept it without any dates on it.
There are no dates on the re-entry permit stamp other than the issue and expiration date.
Helpful as always! Thanks!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

...There are no dates on the re-entry permit stamp other than the issue and expiration date.

I assume the expiration date matches the Valid until stamp in one’s passport ?

I recently got my multiple re-entry at Swampy and it was a breeze. Less than 5 minutes. Pre-filled the TM8 form, along with copies of my passport information page and permission to stay and most recent entry stamp and TM6 form. Also had a photo my self, so they didn't charge the 200 baht if they took one. If you already have a valid permit just go through immigration like always and immediately go to the far left and there is a doorway where they process the permits. To be safe check with the desk on the far right side (coming down the escalator from security) before you pass through immigration.

I will never wait at CW again since it always seems to be an absolute sh!tshow there when I get my extension.

• Like 1

I recently got my multiple re-entry at Swampy and it was a breeze. Less than 5 minutes. Pre-filled the TM8 form, along with copies of my passport information page and permission to stay and most recent entry stamp and TM6 form. Also had a photo my self, so they didn't charge the 200 baht if they took one. If you already have a valid permit just go through immigration like always and immediately go to the far left and there is a doorway where they process the permits. To be safe check with the desk on the far right side (coming down the escalator from security) before you pass through immigration.
I will never wait at CW again since it always seems to be an absolute sh!tshow there when I get my extension.

Thanks for sharing. To clarify... when leaving the country with a valid re-entry, you go through immigration through a different room? I didn't realize exiting would be any different. Good on the heads up.

I did hear that upon re-entry after your trip, you need to be very clear to direct the immigration officer to your re-entry permit.

2 hours ago, Joosesis said:

I did hear that upon re-entry after your trip, you need to be very clear to direct the immigration officer to your re-entry permit.

On the arrival card you should put the re-entry permit number in the space for visa number and, as you say, direct the officer's attention to the permit.

Thanks for sharing. To clarify... when leaving the country with a valid re-entry, you go through immigration through a different room? I didn't realize exiting would be any different. Good on the heads up.

With a valid re-entry, once you get stamped to leave, immediately turn left and walk to the end behind all of the stands. There will be a sign directing you to re-entry permits at the far end. Do not go into the main terminal. Just check with the desk on the far right before you get in line just to make sure.

3 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

On the arrival card you should put the re-entry permit number in the space for visa number and, as you say, direct the officer's attention to the permit.

While I am not the OP, I thank you for your answer...I am outside the country and have a multiple re-entry permit I purchased before leaving. I was wondering what to put on the arrival card for the visa number.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, johnmell said:

If you have obtained a re-entry permit from immigration, do you just get stamped out of Thailand as normal.? Only need to show it to the immigration officer when you return.?

Yes, exit Thailand as normal and ensure that on re-entering Thailand the IO is aware of your re-entry permit.

Enjoy.

• Like 1

Yes, exit Thailand as normal and ensure that on re-entering Thailand the IO is aware of your re-entry permit.

Enjoy.
That sounds logical and exactly what I have read. However, pkhauf has insisted twice on this post that you go somewhere else? ????

7 minutes ago, Joosesis said:

That sounds logical and exactly what I have read. However, pkhauf has insisted twice on this post that you go somewhere else? ????

I understand that at Don Mueang airport the re-entry permit desk is on the "wrong" side of immigration so you get stamped out before getting the permit. At Swampy you get the permit before being stamped out.

If you already have the permit just exit as normal.

The advice to put the re-entry permit number in the "visa number" box is good. I also write "re-entry" next to it, whether that helps the immigration officer I have no idea, but nobody has ever commented against doing so.

• Like 2

Just to clarify, if you don't have a valid re-entry then you need to get it before you go through immigration at Swampy. If you already have a valid re-entry, then once you are through immigration you go to the area just behind the immigration officers desks and get it renewed there. It is essentially a doorway in a small room, look for the 1 meter high stacks of papers next to it. There will be a small sign saying re-entry.

8 minutes ago, phkauf said:

If you already have a valid re-entry, then once you are through immigration you go to the area just behind the immigration officers desks and get it renewed there. It is essentially a doorway in a small room, look for the 1 meter high stacks of papers next to it. There will be a small sign saying re-entry.

There is absolutely zero requirement to do this unless you actually want to.

AFAIK This is actually the first time anyone has mentioned doing this.

EDIT @phkauf I'm intrigued actually as it's something I've never heard of. What does the officer stamp and is there a fee for the service? I'm assuming it only applies to single re-entry permits as a multi remains valid until its expiry date.

• Like 1