PM wants Thai-style democracy

rooster59

2 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

Sorry, but conflicts are one of the essential elements of democracy

correct and aired in parliament with all concerned. There is a serious problem when a hot shot army man made no attempt to mend bridges. He is not fit to lead this country. His 4 years is a failure period.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is no such thing as 'Thai style democracy', there is 'democracy', or... no 'democracy', simple, here and everywhere.

But who, who means or meant something in Thailand, now or before, was ever, really, truly busy with 'democracy', ...only with 'democracy'? Not yet born I'm afraid.

Edited by bangrak

1 hour ago, bangrak said:

There is no such thing as 'Thai style democracy', there is 'democracy', or... no 'democracy', simple, here and everywhere.

But who, who means or meant something in Thailand, now or before, was ever, really, truly busy with 'democracy', ...only with 'democracy'? Not yet born I'm afraid.

Your a smart man

On 1/14/2018 at 1:21 PM, asiamaster said:

"Eastern Democracy" as Lee Kuan Yew described his Singapore model and now also the China model has proven to do  miracles to the economies and welfare of developing countries. Basically it is a meritocratic system. It would work very well in Thailand but the problem is finding the people with "merit".

Unfortunately, Thailand cannot or does not want to learn from their near and successful neighbour, Singapore :post-4641-1156693976:

Thailand will continue to re-invent the wheel.

22 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

Unfortunately, Thailand cannot or does not want to learn from their near and successful neighbour, Singapore :post-4641-1156693976:

Thailand will continue to re-invent the wheel.

Most Thais couldn't be arsed to even think about re-inventing the wheel . . . way too complicated. But give them something simpler, something that ticks a few boxes and you might be in with a shout . . . like inventing a way to eat, sleep and drive, all at the same time . . . yes, that might do it.

11 hours ago, Media1 said:

correct and aired in parliament with all concerned. There is a serious problem when a hot shot army man made no attempt to mend bridges. He is not fit to lead this country. His 4 years is a failure period.

Wasn't it this muppet who stated something along the lines that, "I know what democracy is because I'm a soldier", this after staging a coup to overthrow a democratically elected government?

Gives credence to the old saying that; "military intelligence is an oxymoron". 

2 hours ago, xylophone said:

Wasn't it this muppet who stated something along the lines that, "I know what democracy is because I'm a soldier", this after staging a coup to overthrow a democratically elected government?

The quoted 'quote' is:

"Democracy will never die from Thailand because I am a democratic soldier but I stay in power because I want democracy to survive” - General Prayuth Chan-O-Cha

Not finger pointing at you, just quoting what he said.

6 hours ago, xylophone said:

They know only bluff and money