How did you find long term love in Thailand?

music065

22 minutes ago, catman20 said:

must be real love i guess, or maybe your just a sexy man. dont get in a flap im only joking.:smile:

Well mate, it is real love, never a day goes by without a cuddle, saying that thats all im fit for these days, but what the hell we are as happy as pigs in s__t.

Edited by colinneil
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, catman20 said:

they all say that no sex on the first date, ive met 100s like that,  if they like you ect you get them all in the sack normally within 30 mins some take a little longer like an hour but they all end up in the same place. in bed . :smile:

That is exactly the kind of woman you don't want.

18 years and not so much as an argument. Having been divorced twice in UK for the first 3 years I thought i'd gone deaf! :shock1:
The western women that were sassy and fiery were the best sex.

I had a GF here for years and was basically a door mat, could do anything I wanted pretty much but OMG was it boring!!
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

I'm getting tired of long term thing.

Want something short and stupid.

Sure, this is how it happens. It's ok. 

Bill Maher said something like it is not that women don't have shoes. What they enjoy is to go shopping for new shoes. 

Spice of life and all. 

When I first moved to Koh Samui I was like a kid in a candy store.

I was at the girly bars at least 4 nights/week and usually went home with one of those. Thai babies (I was 64).

It did finally get old and also the realisation hit me that they were in it for the money (of course). So when my friends mother-in-law (he was married to a Thai) said she new a good woman from her village in Kamphaeng Phet province. 

I agreed to meet her. 

She turned out to be a wonderful wife and we are now together 16 years. 

She is 30 years younger than me.

Edited by Spike1938
to up date info
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jamesmacleod said:

Many Ferang meet ladies in Bars etc, it's not my cup of tea to purchase a lady, but sometimes (like 1 in 100 relationships or something silly) it works out really well!

Many Thai ladies go to Ferang pubs and clubs looking to meet mr right the Ferang, it is another possible avenue of exploration, although you'll have to get the lady to leave the nightlife (this can lead to marriage in like 1 in 50 times or something similar) !

Quite a few Thai ladies who are married or with Ferangs offer out friends and relatives  (this can work out like 1 in 25 times or something similar)

about 250,000 ladies go online and use sites like Thai friendly and Thai cupid to meet ferangs (and this can work out about 1 in 12 times for marriage or long term relationships)

All estimates of success above are completely made up, I have no idea what the true figures are, it's any ones guess! 

pay attention to this, the girls you meet online on sites like Thaicupid and Thaifriendly are mostly "farang hunters".. as in they would NOT date a Thai man and will give you a story that .. "once a thai man treated me poorly so no more Thai men.."

trust me, I met quite a few from Thaicupid over the years (never from Thaifriendly, F that free site lol) and 95% of them told me that exact story.

most girls on there are quite disillusioned.. and most of them have had farang boyfriends before (not that this is bad) but I have found from the constant contacts that I have kept with some of them over the years that most are not that smart.. (no dissing here) as they should know that they are basically dating short term tourists and that those people are only here for a fun time.. but the girls are none the wiser.

I keep hearing about those e-Boyfriends or tourists they met and then cry to me when they leave or find someone else other than them. about 5 or 6 of them are now single with kids from those tourists that had no plans on staying more than a few days or weeks to begin with.

proof in point: last year, i broke up with my girlfriend of 1.5 year because she had a major meltdown so i told her we needed a break, she wouldn't give me a break so i told her "maybe we should break up". anyways a week later she met an idiot tourist in hua hin (don't ask me how) and the week after that he got her pregnant.

I've been hearing about this dummy for 11 months now, she married him out of shame as her family practically disowned her and now living a sexless and loveless marriage with a 2 months old kid.

turns out buddy is a broke ass and has to go back home next month, lol.

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

You are making some pathetic comments today !!

With money, stupid nonsense, not all Thai women are after just money, yet you think so, why?

Married going on 7 years, my wife has never asked me for 1 baht.

During my 7 months in hospital, unable to access money, my wife paid everything, never once said pay me back.

Not disagreeing with what you have stated, Colin, regarding not all Thai women looking for money. My Thai wife never once asked for money from me. However, the best relationship I have had in my years here started with a financial arrangement. After some time, we feel deeply in love. That can happen. But you are correct to say that it is not the only (or best) way.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, csabo said:

She picked me off of Thai Friendly. She said she liked my eyes. I have logged into her account with her. She would get hundreds of messages a day but much preferred to pick her own guy rather than be picked. The first time she messaged me I was having car trouble and was focused on it so did not reply immediately. She sent another message telling me to hurry up or she was moving on. I laughed but then did Skype her later that day. That was four years ago, we've been together ever since.  Best woman I've ever know. If she walked out on me today I would thank her profusely for our time together. 

Similar story for me, But it was Farangdate.com I messaged her first, she messaged back very quickly and had about a hundred other men message her but ignored them after we started skyping. Deleted her account shortly after.  she said she liked my eyes too, could see I "had a good heart". We've been married now for 2 years and she never asks for money, gave up her life to come to America with me. We plan to retire to Thailand in about 5 years. She's the best thing that ever happened to me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, speckio said:

stay away from bar girls is #1 (these girls usually have allot of baggage and are usually only looking to land a foreigner to take care of them and have very little to offer in return other than sex)

try and find someone of equal social standing and upbringing and someone who can support and take care of themselves

Look towards co-workers for help  

Make new friends 

try dating apps.... If you are religous go to church,  go to singles events,  go to events where you will find someone who has similar interests.

Have you ever been to Thailand, apart from a holiday once? Your comments are I'm certain well-intentioned but they don't reflect the realities of life in Thailand.

• Like 1

I find it interesting when some people suggest to look for a women with about the same age, education, etc. I guess that is in principle a good idea but how many of us really want a Thai woman of our own (more or less advanced) age?

I think one of the wonderful things about this country is that there are so many young, beautiful and available women. Do I really want an old women my own age if I can have a young beauty? For me that question is easy to answer. But obviously the young beauty wants something in return (not only money) and that makes this situation more difficult...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jamesmacleod said:

Many Ferang meet ladies in Bars etc, it's not my cup of tea to purchase a lady, but sometimes (like 1 in 100 relationships or something silly) it works out really well!

Many Thai ladies go to Ferang pubs and clubs looking to meet mr right the Ferang, it is another possible avenue of exploration, although you'll have to get the lady to leave the nightlife (this can lead to marriage in like 1 in 50 times or something similar) !

Quite a few Thai ladies who are married or with Ferangs offer out friends and relatives  (this can work out like 1 in 25 times or something similar)

about 250,000 ladies go online and use sites like Thai friendly and Thai cupid to meet ferangs (and this can work out about 1 in 12 times for marriage or long term relationships)

All estimates of success above are completely made up, I have no idea what the true figures are, it's any ones guess! 

So what was the point of writing the post if you don't have clue what you are talking about ?

• Haha 1

I went fishing and got caught by the manageress at the restaurant. Why did she pick me? Because i only drank one beer and didn't smoke. Also probably because single farang men at a fishing park in Udon Thani are like hen's teeth and she didn't know how to use a computer ...... When Buddha answers your prayers, you cannot ignore it. A very shy girl.

3 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

Perhaps it's time for you to differentiate between a prostitute and a single and lonely woman. 

When I see people use that pejorative, they are not demeaning a woman - only themselves.

Edited by Lacessit
  • Like 1

First learn the Thai language to share activities with Thai people. Educated Thai people that sometimes speak your language and'/or appreciate a foreigner speaking Thai, but most of the times Thai is the only language they know. If a non educated woman speak some English and it is not working in the tourism or hotel areas, she may learned dating a lot of foreigners and you may be another one. 

Not expect to find sincere love with one of them, and also the same with a woman 25 years younger than your self and without any profession or source of income. May happens but it is very rare. same for online dating, with one exeption, Facebook. Joining a Thai group of professionals in Facebook is a good start to meet interesting Thai people.

Professional women around your age is a better choice, and you can meet them on their working place. Hospitals, universities, government offices, schools, etc....and many wandering in shopping malls, art galleries, temples and cukltural and religious events. Good comunication is a must. After getting married I met many of my wife's friends, most mature (over 40) professionals, some very beautiful and fit, doctors, lawyers, business owners, some even very rich, divorced for many years, living alone, and looking to meet and marry a foreigner. You will not find them in bars for sure.

Edited by Muzarella

After my first stay in Thailand I knew I wanted to stay there for good and when back to France I started to on thaikiss where I met a lady. I went and visit her in korat and I was about to set up file to make her come to visit me in paris when I found out (too long to explain) she was in Phuket with an other Frenchman !

So I went on thaikiss again and started a chat with this nice woman from ubon.

We are now married for 8 years happily living in paris waiting to go and settle down in Thailand when I will retire. She's one of the best human being and for sure the best woman I've ever met. I thank Buddha everyday for putting her on my path.

And having red so many bad stories on Thaivisa, I realize how lucky I have been to find out the truth about the korat lady... when I think about it, oh ! gives me the creep ?

Cheers 

Fred

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

When I see people use that pejorative, they are not demeaning a woman - only themselves.

There is nothing demeaning in using the word prostitute, you can use bar girl or sex worker but they are still prostitutes and to marry one is near insanity in my book.

• Like 2