People warned against diarrhea infection caused by Rotavirus

webfact

People warned against diarrhea infection caused by Rotavirus

By Thai PBS

Rotavirus.jpg

The Diseases Control Department has warned people to eat well-cooked food, clean their hands with soap before and after preparing food and use a common spoon while eating together to prevent themselves from contracting Rotavisus which has increasingly affected adults.

The department reported that during its monitoring of diarrhea cases in the past week, it was discovered that more adults were infected with Rotavirus which is the common cause of diarrhea disease and out of 32 patients who suffered from diarrhea, 30 of them were caused by Rotavirus.

Information from the department for 2015-17 showed that there were altogether 1,510 cases of diarrhea from Rotavirus, but there were no fatalities.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/people-warned-against-diarrhea-infection-caused-by-rotavirus/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-01-15

"Rotavirus-induced diarrhea stems from eating food which was not well cooked or not clean or dirty drinking water or from using things which were stained with the virus. The symptoms include fever, vomiting, stomach pain and watery diarrhoea."

Sound like there is something new out there. What is this "Diarrhea" they speak of?

always make sure the food is cooked well,  wash all utensils in soapy water,  wash your hands regularly,  these steps will help stop the virus.

I have seen many Thai kitchens,  one can only imagine what is on that chopping block and meat cleaver.

The Diseases Control Department has warned people to eat well-cooked food, clean their hands with soap before and after preparing food and use a common spoon while eating together to prevent themselves from contracting Rotavisus which has increasingly affected adults

How can kids be immune to it?

I wish the street vendors would understand that. There's a noodle soup place where I know that Montezuma's revenge will get me if I'd eat their Giau. 

Why is there nothing about the use of Formalin in food? 

Careful observation and a bit of common sense goes a long way here.  Didn't take me long to avoid open air market food, street vendors, etc.  It's not exotic and cultural, it's ignorance.  Or laziness.  Possibly both at times.

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

always make sure the food is cooked well,  wash all utensils in soapy water,  wash your hands regularly,  these steps will help stop the virus.

I have seen many Thai kitchens,  one can only imagine what is on that chopping block and meat cleaver.

Indeed.

my wife observed one of the kitchen workers making snot balls at my favorite Thai restaurant, not long ago

needless to say, it’s no longer on my list of frequented eateries.

6 hours ago, Dave67 said:

"Rotavirus-induced diarrhea stems from eating food which was not well cooked or not clean or dirty drinking water or from using things which were stained with the virus. The symptoms include fever, vomiting, stomach pain and watery diarrhoea."

Sound like there is something new out there. What is this "Diarrhea" they speak of?

No no new.  Discover in 1973. http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/s1180571.htm

6 hours ago, webfact said:

...and use a common spoon while eating together to prevent themselves from contracting Rotavisus...

Can one presume that mean a spoon to move the food from the serving dish to the individual's own dishes..?
If so, I think that's going to be a difficult change in rural Thai life-style...:whistling:

39 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Can one presume that mean a spoon to move the food from the serving dish to the individual's own dishes..?
If so, I think that's going to be a difficult change in rural Thai life-style...:whistling:

Spoons?  We don't need no stinking spoons... :intheclub: