Prawit: I will quit if NACC finds me guilty

snoop1130

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I don't think any sane person could believe this lot are clean. In fact the military are probably the most corrupt of the lot. However, what was not expected was that they would be so in your face with their corruption. I doubt even their supporters could find an excuse for Prawit. 

This watch thing is only the tip of the iceberg.  The bank accounts, properties and various other assets held by the generals and their relatives (if revealed to the public) would make Prawit's watch collection seem the equivalent of mini lego set.  But out of sight is out of mind. So we have to hammer on about the matters we know about - which makes me wonder why there is no further news on Prayuth's brother's house. The fact of the matter is this will never be pursued. And Prawit will not lose his job. These men have no shame. And the irony is that most Thai people, and even many ex-pats have no idea what is going on, and have bought into the fake narrative they have created about cleaning things up. Talk about deflection. Maybe these clowns are smarter than we give them credit for!

Anyone who pays or must pay taxes in this country can only be annoyed with those thieves who claim to be good and honest.

If he is found guilty he'll step down? He must know if he is guilty or not! If yes, then do as his colleagues suggest, if not then prove it in open public. It won't matter what the NACC say his character has been self tarnished so why not...Oh why am I wasting my time thinking about it. If anybody challenges him the PM will claim 'social unrest' still exists.

some political observers have pointed to the fact that the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC), which is investigating the so-called “watchgate” affair, is being headed by Watcharapol Prasarnrajkit, who served briefly as Prawit’s secretary shortly after the junta came to power.

Hmm, yes, that seems to be a bit of a fly in the ointment there.  Seems unlikely that they will convict him.  And one thing not mentioned, what happens to the NACC if they convict him?  That's also kind of relevant eh?  My feeling is they all get fired and replaced.  

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

I don't think any sane person could believe this lot are clean. In fact the military are probably the most corrupt of the lot. However, what was not expected was that they would be so in your face with their corruption. I doubt even their supporters could find an excuse for Prawit. 

This watch thing is only the tip of the iceberg.  The bank accounts, properties and various other assets held by the generals and their relatives (if revealed to the public) would make Prawit's watch collection seem the equivalent of mini lego set.  But out of sight is out of mind. So we have to hammer on about the matters we know about - which makes me wonder why there is no further news on Prayuth's brother's house. The fact of the matter is this will never be pursued. And Prawit will not lose his job. These men have no shame. And the irony is that most Thai people, and even many ex-pats have no idea what is going on, and have bought into the fake narrative they have created about cleaning things up. Talk about deflection. Maybe these clowns are smarter than we give them credit for!

".............I doubt even their supporters could find an excuse for Prawit."

What do you think steven100?  :whistling:

5 hours ago, gr8fldanielle said:

My theory is this;

Prayut doesn't want Yingluck back, Prawit is the one that has to do the legwork getting the UK to extradite Yingluck back to Thailand to face prison time.

We can see Prayut praising Prawit for a job well done as well as saying don't talk about his watches, it's a "personal" matter.

We see Prawit praising Prayut for a job well done, they seem to be protecting each other .

If I had to send someone say a million dollars or two for keeping me out of jail, I wouldn't consider sending it through the banks, that would be too easy to detect. Therefore, send very expensive watches instead.

I firmly believe these watches are coming from Yingluck, paying off her bribes. But that's just me.  :wai:

I'm surprised Prawit does'nt come under Prayut's blanket amnesty ie. untouchable, and does'nt have too explain anything, wealth, watches, or otherwise!

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I don't think anyone is claiming that are completely clean.

In the case of Thai people, I don't think they really worry too much what happens up the top .They know full well it goes on and they know regardless of who is in power it will continue to go on. They also know for it to change it would take a huge disruption to their lives so they just turn a blind eye to it. I think very few people are of any actual moral substance (re corruption), and a lot of the outspoken in the country are outspoken due to more jealousy than anything else. One just needs to look at the country from a community level to know that. 

What the majority of people probably care about though is more local/provincial issues, as those issues interfere with their everyday lives. So in the case of the junta in terms of these issues, they have given everyday folk back a little bit of power with the introduction of legal avenues in each province. Before, local officials could walk around doing as they please. Now, local officials make sure they cross their ts and dot their is and actually attempt to do some of the work required of them. 

Of course, it is an intelligent deflection that is let down by their arrogance. The people see corruption tackled in their everyday lives, whilst at the top, what has always happened continues to happen. So to them at least something is better. I think what's more interesting, is the continual discussion from expats of something so small, almost as if corruption has never existed in the country. Expats are getting pretty desperate when the Junta has out smartened us so much the only thing we can comment about is their physical appearance (as always comes up in these threads). 

Borrowing is a service that always and without exception pave the way for a return favor and based on this fact an intelligent politician will never put himself in such a situation - end of story....:coffee1:

Edited by ttrd

What does he mean? IF they find me guilty,he is as innocent as the driven snow,why else would anyone give him millions of Thai Baht value watches,why would his old pal have 2 billion Baht value statuettes in an underground room and 2 billion Baht in cash in another House.Im sure he didnt have all that to buy himself into Jail or  out of Jail.After all he must have legally earned about 50000 Baht per month,but then again he will have a good credit rating,but again he obviously has a very rich aunty.and she does not like expensive watches.Could write a best seller without trying.

Gone, are the good old days when at the slightest whiff of a scandal a politician would resign, but I suppose he's not really a politician, however this is actually an admission of guilt. What he's saying here is, yes I am as corrupt as can be, all you have to do is prove it! So...what is the likelihood of that ? lol

On 1/16/2018 at 7:57 PM, Hutch68 said:

He looks like a pigs ass!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Why hasn't irrelevant garbage like this been removed? So what if he's got a head like a robber's dog, what the heck has that got to with the price of wrist watches and implications of corruption?

Get out of here Hutch68, go sober up, mate.

Edited by Essaybloke
Correction to typo.