HCMC Non Imm O Multiple Report

Thanks for the heads up, useful to know.

I usual go to Savannah with the wife and make a holiday of it over 4 nights and 5 days , driving from Petchabun. Costs about 15,000 baht but that if for two people in own car and not hurrying.

1 hour ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Is the OP saying he got a one-year extension based on Thai spouse?

The OP went to Ho Chi Minh City Thai consulate to get a one year multiple entry Non O visa based on having a Thai spouse. Such a visa allows unlimited 90-day visits to Thailand for one year from the date of issue. If you wish to stay longer than 90 days on any particular visit, you must apply for an extension of stay. (This you must do at an immigration office inside Thailand, as consulates do not issue extensions.) Those using multiple entry Non O visas tend to do border bounces every 90 days rather than using extensions of permission to stay.

• Like 2

"3. Letter from my wife requesting the Consulate issue me with a Non Imm O Multi for purpose of visiting / staying with my wife & family- v basic with just the usual details like my passport number and her details etc"

does anyone know if this is an actual requirement, i know it makes little odds as easy to do but whenever I have had Non O's in the past from London or Savannket I have never provided or been asked for a letter from my wife. Or is this something unique to HCMC?

25 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

does anyone know if this is an actual requirement,

It is on their list of required documents and people have submitted it. Nobody has been told it was not needed.

It appears on other embassy and consulate websites but they often do not ask for it.

• Thanks 1

• 11 months later...
On 1/19/2018 at 12:35 AM, BritTim said:

The OP went to Ho Chi Minh City Thai consulate to get a one year multiple entry Non O visa based on having a Thai spouse. Such a visa allows unlimited 90-day visits to Thailand for one year from the date of issue. If you wish to stay longer than 90 days on any particular visit, you must apply for an extension of stay. (This you must do at an immigration office inside Thailand, as consulates do not issue extensions.) Those using multiple entry Non O visas tend to do border bounces every 90 days rather than using extensions of permission to stay.

On any 90 day entry you can get a 60 day extension at your local Imm' for 1900 baht.

Means you can have 5 months before you need to do an out/in for next 90 days. Do another 60 day so getting 10 months-ish with one out/in in the middle.

6 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

what is now more efficient hcmc or savannakhet ???

The visa-cost is higher in HCMC (you pay $200 USD, vs 5000 Baht ($~160 USD).

Travel cost per-each depends on point-of-origin, mode of transport, specials, etc. 

Nightlife much better in HCMC.

Both are next-day service - submit morning day 1, collect afternoon day 2.  HCMC just requires the wife write a short letter, in addition to the same requirements for Savannakhet.

On 1/17/2018 at 10:51 AM, paddy said:

5  A copy of the Marriage document that I got from the Amphur when I registered the foreign marriage a few years back - signed by the wife

this is not on the website? i am going this coming week on thursday to apply... was this needed, and if so, what is it?

2 hours ago, overherebc said:

On any 90 day entry you can get a 60 day extension at your local Imm' for 1900 baht.

How about a converted entry? IE A tourist visa or Visa exempt that has been converted to a Non-Imm-O entry in Thailand, I know you get 90 days (and should get on with making an Extension in the last 30, ) but can a further 60 be had first?

i am now seeing that this is from 1 year ago.... was that requirement on the site then for an amphur marriage document?

all i see are as follows on the site.... but just want to make sure.

2. DOCUMENTS REQUIRED / HỒ SƠ CẦN CHUẨN BỊ

• Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months
    Hộ chiếu hoặc giấy thông hành còn thời hạn trên 6 tháng. 

• Visa application form completely filled out ((download here / fill out at the Consulate)
    Đơn xin thị thực (có thể tải xuống tại đây hoặc đến điền tại Tổng Lãnh sự)

• Recent (4 x 6 cm.) photograph of the applicant
    1 tấm hình 4x6 mới nhất.

For spouse of Thai nationals / Dành cho người có vợ/chồng là người quốc tịch Thái Lan

• Guarantee letter wrritten in Thai from Thai spouse / Thư bảo lãnh từ vợ/chồng người Thái. 
  • Copy of marriage certificate / Bản sao giấy đăng kí kết hôn hợp pháp.
  • Certified copy of Thai spouse’s ID card / Bản sao CMND hợp pháp của vợ/chồng người Thái.
  • Certified copy of house registration book / Bản sao hộ khẩu hợp pháp của vợ/chồng người Thái.
  • Other relevant document, for example, copy of Thai child’s birth certificate / ID card
    (Những giấy tờ hợp pháp liên quan khác, như bản sao khai sinh của người con,...)

and then the fee of $200.

6 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

How about a converted entry? IE A tourist visa or Visa exempt that has been converted to a Non-Imm-O entry in Thailand, I know you get 90 days (and should get on with making an Extension in the last 30, ) but can a further 60 be had first?

You could probably do it but would have to explain why. Not many reasons for not doing the extension since you would of already had to meet the financial requirements when you applied for the visa.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You could probably do it but would have to explain why. Not many reasons for not doing the extension since you would of already had to meet the financial requirements when you applied for the visa.

Interesting and simply a thought. Maybe if someone had dipped into their 800k baht in the first month or so.