Patong bar owner faces charges for striking security guard

webfact

Patong bar owner faces charges for striking security guard

Eakkapop Thongtub

1516172322_1-org.jpg

Patong bar owner Chana Tammawichai, 37, presented himself to police on Monday (Jan 15) to apologise for the incident. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: A bar owner in Patong – who has been publicly lambasted for owning and driving a Mercedes-Benz car – has surrendered himself to police for striking a security guard amid a heated argument at the exit of Soi Paradise onto Rat-U-Thit 200 Pi Rd earlier this week.

The incident caused an outrage online as video footage of the argument went viral on social media as it showed the bar owner, Chana Tammawichai, 37, striking security guard Jessada Tongeait, 27, in the face and threatening the guard with what appeared to be a handgun.

Chana presented himself at Patong Police Station on Monday (Jan 15), just hours after the altercation.

Full story:  https://www.thephuketnews.com/patong-bar-owner-faces-charges-for-striking-security-guard-65584.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-01-17

1 minute ago, schlog said:

Why? You like his dog or want to hang around with the guard in early morning hours?

Because i don't like lowclass agressive people.

I also don't like taximaffia's or captains who make daily accidents with touristboats.

So there's no reason to go to Phuket for me at all.

29 minutes ago, Thian said:

sorry Thian, not meant as an answer to your post. I just messed up.

well done police. Time that all this easy to get angry scum (Thailand seems to have a lot of them) learns that they cannot do their villainy unobserved anymore. Of course appropriate punishment is neccessary, too.

1 minute ago, sweatalot said:

well done police. Time that all this easy to get angry scum (Thailand seems to have a lot of them) learns that they cannot do their villainy unobserved anymore. Of course appropriate punishment is neccessary, too.

The only way to save his face now is to give the Benz to that guard. But i still will never go to Phuket again, too many maffiafigures there.

I think his bar is in the gay centre of Patong, not that there is anything wrong with being gay, i.e. unless you are him and have had a bad hair day, just saying, he butt UGLY too.

Put him in the slammer and let him see how it feels like to get picked on, no doubt he will get more than he ever imagined.

Low life scumbag picking on people half his size, so to speak, I mean I don't know, never saw it, nor do I want too, tiem to exit......

19 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I think his bar is in the gay centre of Patong, not that there is anything wrong with being gay, i.e. unless you are him and have had a bad hair day, just saying, he butt UGLY too.

Put him in the slammer and let him see how it feels like to get picked on, no doubt he will get more than he ever imagined.

Low life scumbag picking on people half his size, so to speak, I mean I don't know, never saw it, nor do I want too, tiem to exit......

Wrong- this is the Cheap Charlie Central of Patong- you are confused with Paradise area (2nd hand info btw), not sure what his appearance has to do with your comment though .

'who has been publicly lambasted for owning and driving a Mercedes-Benz car'  I thought he had been lambasted for behaving like a phallus, not for his choice of wheels. Pretty typical to blame shift and say it was the guard who tried to hit him. A real low life. He admits to drinking (that's his EXCUSE!) and driving but that will fade away as well as he took his time going to the cop shop and they wouldn't have had the brains to breathalyze him any way.

Phuket news cocks it up again with their misleading article. I suppose their commentator Kurt will be along soon with his indecipherable comments. 

Edited by Psimbo

3 hours ago, schlog said:

Why? You like his dog or want to hang around with the guard in early morning hours?

No- he's just one of the 'Phuket is a name used by Donald Trump place' kind of guy who bases comment on not living here anymore. They certainly seem to get very bitter. 

4 hours ago, Thian said:

I will sure think of this if i ever visit Phuket again (i don't think so).

3 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

Wrong- this is the Cheap Charlie Central of Patong- you are confused with Paradise area (2nd hand info btw), not sure what his appearance has to do with your comment though .

Thx for the correction.

As for my comment regarding his appearance, just stating, he butt UGLY, that went straight over the top 555

“When I pulled his collar he tried to hit me, but I avoided it and hit him back. The video clip might not have recorded that.

Of course it didn't record it because it didn't happen.

“After that I opened the back door of the guard box and pulled the guard out to ask why he did not open the barrier. I tried to push the guard into my car so we could go to the police station together,” Chana added.

B+ll%-;s!!!

“I also had been drinking, so I lost control of temper,” Mr Chana admitted.

DUI - That's another charge, then. 

Just lock the scumbag up!