Activist: Test Prawit’s friends to see if watches fit their wrists

webfact

Activist: Test Prawit’s friends to see if watches fit their wrists

By The Nation

e7a2e3d0a55010f7f2114a861f0ed59e.jpeg

Anti-graft activist Srisuwn Janya

Anti-graft activist Srisuwn Janya has called on the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) to call in friends of Deputy Prime Minister General Prawit Wongsuwan to measure their wrist sizes.

Srisuwn said this would be a way to prove or disprove Prawit’s claims that the expensive watches he has been wearing belong to these friends.

On Tuesday, General Prawit pledged to resign if he was found guilty, but insisted that the luxury watches he has worn on various occasions were borrowed from his friends and had already been returned to them.

However, Srisuwan said all of these friends must be called on to prove Prawit’s claims. If they are the true owners, they should be able to wear the watches perfectly.

Srisuwan said Prawit’s latest claim is mere nonsense. Some of the watches, he said, are limited editions, meaning they are made to order and have numbers showing who ordered them.

The scandal arose after Prawit was seen wearing a very expensive Richard Mille watch during a photo session with the new Cabinet

Facebook page CSI LA has reviewed media photos of Prawit and, as of Wednesday, it was estimated that he has worn 24 luxury watches. The total price, based on market value, stands at more than Bt30 million – far higher than Prawit’s estimated income during his past three years in office.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30336482

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-01-17

Better still ask to see the original receipts,and if bought

overseas,receipts for taxes paid.should not take weeks

to do that,right........and no,the dog ate them will not be

accepted.

regards Worgeordie

Edited by worgeordie
add on

Are we going to see Somchai pretending the watch is too small, OJ Simpson style? If it don't fit, he quits!

I can't believe he's still going with the "borrowed" line, the equivalent of a child claiming the dog ate his homework.

Seriously though, wouldn't it be better to see who bought those watches and when? Obviously the lenders will have receipts. I'm guessing some of these mystery watch lenders are also military guys on meager salaries, that could be interesting.

Out of interest, anyone else on here have 20 or so watches borrowed from friends? Didn't think so...

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Srisuwn said this would be a way to prove or disprove Prawit’s claims that the expensive watches he has been wearing belong to these friends.

On Tuesday, General Prawit pledged to resign if he was found guilty, but insisted that the luxury watches he has worn on various occasions were borrowed from his friends and had already been returned to them.

Good call Srisuwn.

So sound as though watches are his, but you have to catch him. House arrest Benny?

Each of these "friends" needs to provide proof of ownership, purchase and taxes paid. This needs to be verified by the seller via serial number etc. If they are Junta buddies then ensure they were declared in their asset declaration. Let's see how that goes.

16 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Are we going to see Somchai pretending the watch is too small, OJ Simpson style? If it don't fit, he quits!

I can't believe he's still going with the "borrowed" line, the equivalent of a child claiming the dog ate his homework.

Seriously though, wouldn't it be better to see who bought those watches and when? Obviously the lenders will have receipts. I'm guessing some of these mystery watch lenders are also military guys on meager salaries, that could be interesting.

Out of interest, anyone else on here have 20 or so watches borrowed from friends? Didn't think so...

I asked a friend of mine if I could borrow his Rolex Daytona in all 18k just for the evening late last year. His answer was eF off. My wife yes, my Rolex...never.

17 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Out of interest, anyone else on here have 20 or so watches borrowed from friends? Didn't think

Edited by Inepto Cracy
deleted

18 hours ago, JoePai said:

Just how utterly stupid can these people get - relax I do not expect answers   :sorry:

All the NACC have been doing on this is finding ways to bull  sh it out of it like the deputy Pm Oh also looking to see how much money they will loose if they open their mouths and say its not true what he says Be end of cushy job if they did

Prawit saying that all the watches were borrowed is total lies, as no one in their right mind

would lend such expensive watches, that are worth a lot less if scratched at all. Time for the investigaters

to go ask owners of such watches and see how many  would actually lend them out. 

Prawit has no shame, or is not very moral, too bad the  good PM has such a friend.

Geezer

Edited by Stargrazer9889
error