Gmail Having Problems?

Somtham

This is only Thai related because I live here in Thailand. For the last 2 days I cannot log on to gmail. Does this have something to do with the Taiwan cable repairs? Anyone else out there trying to log on to gmail from Thailand and having trouble?

Thanks

I would suspect Taiwan.

My internet is acting very weird today... I will continue to blame everything on Taiwan until next month when I will switch back to blaming TOT / the CAT monopoly / Thailand in general :o

Seriously, I do hope they make it work better than this.

My new rule of thumb is: If Thaivisa works well and fast, it's the Taiwan problem. If Thaivisa doesn't work it's TOTs problem. Thaivisa is hosted in Singapore so it's a pretty good indicator on the situation in Taiwan - it's outside Thailand yet before Taiwan.

Edited by nikster

I can get into my two gmail accounts but occasionally get an error "page can not be displayed" , just hit refresh a few times and it works. (I'm located in BKK Thailand)

the problem is most likely the cut cables near Taiwan and the frequent re-routing of traffic.

opalhort

GMail isn't any problem for me.

Checked Thaivisa.com connection: going straith from Bangkok to Singapore directly not via any other Gatway than the ISP's one!I use NeoTrace 3.25 for tracing.

Maybe the neu AdOn for Neoworx at http://www.neoworx.net is interest for those who designing Websites pp. with locations etc. Take a look. I'll check it out sometimes the next days but on the 1. look looks interesting.

I can get into my two gmail accounts but occasionally get an error "page can not be displayed" , just hit refresh a few times and it works. (I'm located in BKK Thailand)

the problem is most likely the cut cables near Taiwan and the frequent re-routing of traffic.

opalhort

Same thing this morning. Here's the message I get:

This seems to be taking longer than usual.

If you are using a slow Internet connection, you can wait a bit longer for this page to finish loading, or just use basic HTML view for now.

If you are using your normal Internet connection and you usually get past this loading step without any problems, please refresh this page in your browser. If you continue to have trouble loading your account, please visit the help center for troubleshooting information.

The HTML version works but there are no scroll bars so I only see one page.