Where do I get a bus to Bangkok?

hiigara

Yes if you value your life follow the advice of Forkinhades and go by big bus.

Alternatively if you are a gambler there are three or four different minivan companies actually on

Klang itself (near Foodland) that also go to Bangkok.

But what about a bus from The Pratumnak/Jomtien side of town? Would it be worth getting the express airport big bus from Foodmart near Threpasit Thapraya Junction and then the express bus from Survanapoomi to BKK. The hike across town to the Pataya Hua Bus station is expensive or time consuming

1 hour ago, The manic said:

But what about a bus from The Pratumnak/Jomtien side of town? Would it be worth getting the express airport big bus from Foodmart near Threpasit Thapraya Junction and then the express bus from Survanapoomi to BKK. The hike across town to the Pataya Hua Bus station is expensive or time consuming

He lives on Pattaya Klang so getting to Jomtien might be difficult. 

It's a 60 baht moto ride from Klang and Soi Yume (a.k.a. Paniad Chang, the road beside Big C Extra) to the bus station. Not sure about a moto ride north on 3rd Road to North Road, where the bus station is. Maybe 70-80 baht.

Nothing wrong with the Pattaya-Bangkok bus. I've done the return route well over 150 times in 7 years. I always get off at Udom Suk BTS station because it sometimes can take another half hour from the Bang Na Trad road (exit to Sukhumvit) to Ekamai Station. 

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

12 hours ago, The manic said:

I take the bus from Jomtien to the airport then the train to connect with the skytrain to my hotel that is around the Nana or Asoke, stop works for me but I stay in Jomtien. 

10 hours ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

It's a 60 baht moto ride from Klang and Soi Yume (a.k.a. Paniad Chang, the road beside Big C Extra) to the bus station. Not sure about a moto ride north on 3rd Road to North Road, where the bus station is. Maybe 70-80 baht.

Nothing wrong with the Pattaya-Bangkok bus. I've done the return route well over 150 times in 7 years. I always get off at Udom Suk BTS station because it sometimes can take another half hour from the Bang Na Trad road (exit to Sukhumvit) to Ekamai Station. 

Given he hasn't told us where on Klang he lives there are 2 cheap options.

1/ go to Sukhumvit and catch the ?white songtheaw to North Rd. Bus station couple of minutes walk from Sukhumvit.

2/ go to Second Rd and take baht bus to roundabout at North Rd. Cross to where baht bus waiting for passengers on North Rd. Total cost 20 baht.

13 hours ago, ThaiBob said:

He lives on Pattaya Klang so getting to Jomtien might be difficult. 

I am asking on my behalf. But what about a bus from The Pratumnak/Jomtien side of town? Would it be worth getting the express airport big bus from Foodmart near Threpasit Thapraya Junction and then the express bus from Survanapoomi to BKK. The hike across town to the Pataya Hua Bus station is expensive or time consuming. Where is the bus stop near Pratumnak for Bangkok?

1 hour ago, adammike said:

I take the bus from Jomtien to the airport then the train to connect with the skytrain to my hotel that is around the Nana or Asoke, stop works for me but I stay in Jomtien. 

From Jomtien? Where in Jomtien. Do you mean food mart?

3 hours ago, hiigara said:

Thanks. I will take a baht bus north on second rd and then a east one on Pattaya Nua.

Good choice. Leave yourself plenty of time as the baht bus on Nth Rd can wait a while till it has enough passengers.

I always wait till I know if it's going up Naklua Rd or turning down to Beach Rd as it's safer crossing on Naklua Rd.

On 24/01/2018 at 3:19 PM, Lumbini said:

Considering Thailand is the most dangerous country in the world when it comes to highway accidents flying may be safest way to go emoji13.png

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

It is not the most dangerous country in the world abd your comment is irrelevant. Try driving in Saudi somectime.

On 23/01/2018 at 10:01 AM, adammike said:

Which train from where to connect to the sky train?

1 hour ago, The manic said:

It is not the most dangerous country in the world abd your comment is irrelevant. Try driving in Saudi somectime.

Thailand is #1 when it comes to deaths on the roads. I would say that makes it more dangerous, wouldn't you?

5 hours ago, The manic said:

Which train from where to connect to the sky train?

The airport,the bus goes to the airport from Jomtien, go down to the basement where the airport link train takes you to phaya Thai skytrain station it involves a small walk,I then take the skytrain to Nana and walk to my hotel that I have booked through Agoda on soi 10.it works for me. 

10 minutes ago, steven100 said:

are you serious ... ?   that's around $3.20 ... to Bangkok.  Wow !   that's a cheap charlies ticket for sure :shock1:

It is a GREAT deal. It used to be 124, then 119. About 3-4 years ago they dropped it to 108. And just recently both the Ekamai Terminal in Bangkok and the North Road Terminal in Pattaya have spanking new toilet facilities that put BKK airport to shame. Pattaya also has a nice, new park-like setting for us smokers.

The buses are not much to look at and the interiors could use a remake, but mechanically they are well taken care of, IMO and that of a farang insider who retired from the company a couple of years ago. 

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

5 hours ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

It is a GREAT deal. It used to be 124, then 119. About 3-4 years ago they dropped it to 108. And just recently both the Ekamai Terminal in Bangkok and the North Road Terminal in Pattaya have spanking new toilet facilities that put BKK airport to shame. Pattaya also has a nice, new park-like setting for us smokers.

The buses are not much to look at and the interiors could use a remake, but mechanically they are well taken care of, IMO and that of a farang insider who retired from the company a couple of years ago. 

LOL. Those Ekamai toilets were dire. Haven't gone from there for years. Did they fix the road though? Last time I went they had big steel plates down as the holes were so big.

First time I ever went from Ekamai the bus was ancient and same one still in use 10 years later.

The biggest shame of Ekamai is that they didn't put in a direct access to the expressway, which is very close, and instead have to go for miles and miles and miles in Sukhumvit traffic jams.

27 minutes ago, Forkinhades said:

Yeah Ekamai is not in a good location. I used to always get off as soon as I saw a BTS station. Not possible on way back though. Coming back was never as bad. Most probably the time of day I used to come back.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

They missed a huge opportunity to relocate the station to nearer the expressway when the skytrain was extended. They have a subsidiary station some way along the road to Chonburi, but it's a very long way from the skytrain. 

Regardless, a link to the expressway at Ekamai would have saved many hours of my life and billions of litres of diesel.

Yeah Ekamai is not in a good location. I used to always get off as soon as I saw a BTS station. Not possible on way back though. Coming back was never as bad. Most probably the time of day I used to come back.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Are the Thonglo PLOD still showing up at Ekkamai bus arrivals for pisstests where all Farang fail?

Better to take a Taxi.

On 28/1/2561 at 5:25 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

They missed a huge opportunity to relocate the station to nearer the expressway when the skytrain was extended. They have a subsidiary station some way along the road to Chonburi, but it's a very long way from the skytrain. 

Regardless, a link to the expressway at Ekamai would have saved many hours of my life and billions of litres of diesel.

The plot of land on the corner of Bangna and Sukhumvit is supposed to be a large mall with attached transport complex, 'Bangkok Mall' by the mall group, but the project has been idle for a while