Transferring money to buy a condo. Procedure questions

2 minutes ago, rnalswls2 said:

This information is real helpful. When I selected SGD to THB, it's showing less than a half bank options. It means others don't provide the information here, or does that mean they don't exchange SGD ? 

The longer screen includes money changers which are not banks.

When you change the currency to SGD you also need to change "notes" to "TT", which is short for telegraphic transfer, that's the mechanism you will use to wire funds in and the rate is much better.

15 minutes ago, rnalswls2 said:

Yeah I do have a Thai account already. But if other bank's exchange rate is better, I will open the new one for FET purpose only. 

I dont think a worthwhile exercise, there often isnt much difference between them, if one has a bigger rate then it may also have bigger fees etc. you cant really predict what the rate will be in a couple of days when the funds arrive. Dont forget its the TT rate.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, rnalswls2 said:

Alright! I will make sure of it. 

One more question here. Condo will be bought by my name, however money in Singapore is in my husband account. I hope there's no problem that money is sent from my husband name, not from my name? 

Agent said state it as "Condo purchase for buyer's name" then it would be alright. Just want to double confirm here :) thanks

The money can come from anyone, anywhere as long as it is in your personal bank account when it hits Thailand    Good Luck.   BTW  mw & seller did all the paperwork ourselves, she knew how to do it aving sold her farm a few months before.......but if unfamiliar with Thai laws and 'ways', I'd suggest a real estate agent or ppty lawyer being involved.

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/01/2018 at 3:39 PM, Peterw42 said:

I dont think a worthwhile exercise, there often isnt much difference between them, if one has a bigger rate then it may also have bigger fees etc. you cant really predict what the rate will be in a couple of days when the funds arrive. Dont forget its the TT rate.

Do you know how long will it take to prepare FET? 

I opened Bangkom bank account today, and banker said I wjll need to come back with a condo contract once money is in my account. And I forgot to ask her how long it will take to finalize the process after I submit a condo contract. To be more clear, I will need to go to the Land office on 22nd with seller, and if I go to bank on 20th, to prepare FET, is 2days enough? 

9 hours ago, rnalswls2 said:

Do you know how long will it take to prepare FET? 

I opened Bangkom bank account today, and banker said I wjll need to come back with a condo contract once money is in my account. And I forgot to ask her how long it will take to finalize the process after I submit a condo contract. To be more clear, I will need to go to the Land office on 22nd with seller, and if I go to bank on 20th, to prepare FET, is 2days enough? 

Its something they print out while you wait, come back in an hour etc.

• 7 months later...