Prayut defends Prawit over expensive watches

snoop1130

10 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

I would have thought that when you purchase a watch of such expense the company you purchase it off would hold a record of the buyer along with the serial number of the watch.

A couple of phone calls to the Richard Mille company could clear up who bought the watches instantly, but I guess no one really wants to know the answer, including the NACC.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, giddyup said:

A couple of phone calls to the Richard Mille company could clear up who bought the watches instantly, but I guess no one really wants to know the answer, including the NACC.

That would come under 'invasion of privacy,' can't see a company giving out that information.

Just now, soalbundy said:

That would come under 'invasion of privacy,' can't see a company giving out that information.

You don't think police can obtain a warrant to get that info? It's not like a doctor or lawyer where the info is privileged, or a priest.

26 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

I would have thought that when you purchase a watch of such expense the company you purchase it off would hold a record of the buyer along with the serial number of the watch.

Expect the reply of, "no have" if the vendor were asked.

3 minutes ago, Wiggy said:

Expect the reply of, "no have" if the vendor were asked.

The names of purchasers would be registered with Richard Mille's head office, the same as other high end watch manufacturers like Rolex.

11 minutes ago, Raymonddiaz said:

The best alibi ever. A dead person...clever or stupid ????

Pretty dumb cos if the owner died why were the watches not returned to his family as part of his estate? if you borrow something it does not become yours when the owner dies. Telling one lie after another has just got him into a hole he cannot get out of. All Thais are equal when it comes to corruption, but some are more equal than others it seems.

Edited by Orton Rd

Either they were bought in Thailand (in which case it is under Thai jurisdiction and they can demand information from the supplier) or they were imported and they will have details of who paid the import tax to the Thai government (unless we are also looking at tax evasion here).

20 high end watches worth a million US Dollars should not just appear in Thailand with no paper trail. Unless they were brought over on say, a private jet from a taxpayer funded trip to Hawaii. But the top brass of the Junta are obviously far too honest to take advantage in such a way :smile:.

23 minutes ago, PattayaAngel said:

The last time Khun P used the 'it's personal' was about his 600m land sale. Just makes him look ridiculous.

He make it very clear that no one has any business to question him. Transparency just fly off the window for his kind. 

“It’s not that we can rely on the Article 44 all the time. I have to be careful using it,” Prayut said.

"WE"?? Should be: "It's not that I can rely on the Article 44 all the time because I've seriously abused it."  

Corvus oculum corvi non eruit  ("A crow will not pull out the eye of another crow")

For the ordinary folks: Ora et labora ( "Pray and work") Niiaaappp........:post-4641-1156693976:

Edited by jenny2017

2 minutes ago, Anythingleft? said:

Its quite obvious now that this guy is going nowhere and has the support of the man in charge.. PM telling the little people to stop asking awkward questions or he will just refuse to answer them, pathetic...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Of course it's going nowhere. The big difference is in the past these things could be easily swept under the carpet with some gibberish excuse and dismissed. If any one dared to question the veracity of the gibberish, they'd be verbally roasted, bullied, intimidated and probably punished in some way. 

Now, thanks to IT, it's not so easy to dismiss. But dismiss it they will. Just takes a bit longer and maybe have to get a bit more heavy handed.

Nothing will happen because if such a big, very big, domino were to fall over, imagine the knock on effect to all those other big dominos. 

Again, shows the reality is, the elite top echelons are truly untouchable.

14 hours ago, z42 said:

Scum, I just hope CSI LA has been digging it dirt on Prayuth also, his uexplainable wealth is being overlooked and has been the case since 2014 when he said something to the extent of "don't ask me about this now".

The military brass are a reprehensible bunch, can't think of even 1 honouable guy in the whole bunch. What a disgrace

If I were you, I'd be careful what you say about the present government.  

1 hour ago, Orton Rd said:

Pretty dumb cos if the owner died why were the watches not returned to his family as part of his estate? if you borrow something it does not become yours when the owner dies. Telling one lie after another has just got him into a hole he cannot get out of. All Thais are equal when it comes to corruption, but some are more equal than others it seems.

Thai way is : keep it until they ask to return it.

Hummm, someone is really missing the point of what the nature of corruption is all about.  Such as in the appearance of impropriety and personal gain stemming from one's public office. But instead, double-down and tell the 'little people' to mind their own business and shut up.  That's going to go over well in both the North, Northeast, and the far South.

Sure, he can keep pounding that Article 44 cork bottle stopper to contain the nations problems, but like a bottle of champagne - heat it and shake it hard enough, and eventually the top bursts off from the pressure and the contents spew all over the room, or the entire bottle explodes.  Such is the nature of hubris.

Edited by connda

15 hours ago, Ricardo said:

I do hope that the former-soldier PM's loyalty to his colleague is not misplaced.

Caesar's wife, or his deputy-PM, needs to be seen to be above suspicion, not untouchable. :wink:

They should watch the Ides.