not allowed on the airport to enter by tourist visa.

2 hours ago, 007 RED said:

The computer system then runs a comparison check using the information derived from the bottom of the photo page between <<<< >>>> namely; the country code +gender+date of birth+family name+first names.  

Maybe , but I am not so sure the computer systems will work perfect at every Thai border. Anyway it is a risk he must be willing to take. 

28 minutes ago, balo said:

Maybe , but I am not so sure the computer systems will work perfect at every Thai border. Anyway it is a risk he must be willing to take. 

The same computer system is used at all border points. There may be times when glitches in the system cause matches to fail, but this would have nothing to do with which terminal was used to query the database.

So why would I learn Thai (I understand, that most classes to which an 'ED visa is attached, are about learning the local lingo) at a school, if I did not want to stay an extended time in Thailand?? Learning Thai for 3 or 6 months, only to return home after, not having any use for the acquired language skills, therefore, effectively, wasting my money? What use are Thai language skills outside of Thailand? Of course, people learn Thai to 'live' in Thailand...
Yeah that's the way I see as well.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I totally agree.  As the OP has admitted in previous posts, he owns a small business, trains the employees, pays the employees wages and tax, recieves dividends (payment) from his company.  Although he denies that he works he now claim that he will get a non-B visa to make himself legal.  Also he says that he is considering an EV but will not attend classes.  I think this just about sums the OP up.

I suspect (and it is only my suspicion) that when he was interviewed by the senior IO he let it slip, when asked what he did while staying in the Kingdom (for 2 years) and how he funded his stay, that he owned a small business.  Alarm bells ring with the senior IO who then possibly conducts a search of the OP and his luggage.  Ops, I bet 10 2 1 that the OP had his bank pass books with him and these would show all the credits having been made from within the Kingdom for the past X years.  These might be difficult to explain.

Hence the IOs suspicion that the OP was using the TV to work and the refusal on the grounds of Section 12(2).
But if he had absolute proof wouldn't he black list him?

10 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

So why would I learn Thai (I understand, that most classes to which an 'ED visa is attached, are about learning the local lingo) at a school, if I did not want to stay an extended time in Thailand?? Learning Thai for 3 or 6 months, only to return home after, not having any use for the acquired language skills, therefore, effectively, wasting my money? What use are Thai language skills outside of Thailand? Of course, people learn Thai to 'live' in Thailand...

Maybe the idea here is that your learn Thai, and then become useful by taking a job with a legitimate visa and work permit. Younger inactive bums are always a risk for society anywhere in the world. And, mind you, there are so many natives of this kind, that foreign bum not needed at all .

8 hours ago, juice777 said:

Section 37 : An alien having received a temporary entry permit into the Kingdom must comply with the
following :
1. Shall not engage in the occupation or temporary or employment unless authorized by the
Director General. or competent official deputized by the Director General . If , in any case , there is a law
concerning alien employment provided hereafter , the granting of work privileges must comply with the
law concerned.

Section 75 : Any alien, who fails to comply with the provisions of Section 37(1) shall be punished with
imprisonment not exceeding 1 year or a fine not exceeding 10,000Baht or both.

Daresay if he was imprisoned for such an offence, he could be expelled from the Country on release and banned from re-entering for a certain period of time.

9 hours ago, juice777 said:

Technically the OP had not been admitted to the Kingdon. He was in so called 'no-mans land', so all that immigration could do was to refuse him entry on the grounds of Section 12(2).

He should consider himself lucky.  If the IO had enough proof that the OP was working, and wanted to play 'dirty', he could have stamped his passport and admitted him.  Then the moment the OP passed the IOs desk into the baggage reclaim area (which is technically inside the Kingdom) immigation could have arrested him and charged him with working contary to Section 37.

That said what would more than likely happen is that they could have let him enter the Kingdom and the pass their information/evidence to the local immigation office enforcement team who would follow up and then arrest the OP 'on-the-job' thus ensuring 100% proof.

If found guilty in court he would face a fine, possible inprisonment, deportation and a ban from entering the Kingdom for quite some time.

Edited by 007 RED

On 26.1.2018 at 7:44 PM, hadi8253 said:

My daughter with husband and 2 Kids (10 and 12 years) will visit me in Thailand.

A and D passports, arrive Suvarnabhumi: Visa exempt entry.

Cash 20 K for adults - OK - but what about children ???

Who knows ?

The immigration at Airport said, there is no need to show those 20k in Bath for tourists, would be difficult if you are a 1st timer to get those (multiple) 20k. If you travel over a land border there is a chance. No worries for you daughter.

This is more a order to keep the permanent tourists without valid visa's away. 

12 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

If they don't want under-50 financially independent people living here on tourist visas, then they should stop selling them.

Total agree with you on this, this should be stopped and thats what they are doing now.

As example similar to the EU you can stay 180 Days a year there, no matter if you do it 6 * 30 days or just one time, if you close to the 180 day counter the immigration will notify you, that you soon can not stay for additional time there .....  Nothing wrong if someone make a break and travel around, but staying more than 5-6 month a year in another (the same) country he/she/it cannot be a tourist.

12 minutes ago, blubb said:

The immigration at Airport said, there is no need to show those 20k in Bath for tourists

There is a possibility of being asked, though very very remote.

For VE then it would 20k THB for the family, not each.

12 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

go back home, Legally change ur name, apply for a new passport in New name, get a thai visa

return....

computers do NOT link or show name changes....

In a UK paasport don't they stamp 'previously travelled under the name xxxxxxxx'

Asking more than stating.

29 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

go back home, Legally change ur name, apply for a new passport in New name, get a thai visa

return....

Aren't we getting photographed and fingerprinted at Suvarnabhumi? I am not sure they have the MIPS for matching, within a practical timeframe yet, but it is only a matter of time. 

Edited by KiChakayan

20 minutes ago, KiChakayan said:

Aren't we getting photographed and fingerprinted at Suvarnabhumi? I am not sure they have the MIPS for matching, within a practical timeframe, yet but it is only a matter of time. 

If you change your name by deed poll and get a new passport it is obviously recorded in home office records although not in your passport it seems.

The only bit I can't find yet is if that info is sent on passenger details pre-flight, I doubt it though.

If say blacklisted by one country and you do a legal name change and get a new passport would the blacklisting be noted by home office computers? it seems not, I'm still searching.

Facial recognition is not as fast as in the movies and may throw a result up later, note may.

So on the face of it unless luck is not on your side a name and passport change means you are basically a fairly new traveller, apart from finger printing that is.

1 hour ago, phuketrichard said:

return....

If he does that, would he be able to retain his business, since his new name is not on the papers.

6 minutes ago, overherebc said:

probably his old name is not even on the papers.

Most likely it is as a minority shareholder and if he is smart also as director, whose approval is required for company decisions.

3 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

return....

Richard…. FYI… The immigration system is more than capable of linking someone even when they change their name(s). 

The immigration system incorporates a fairly basic Facial Recognition System (FRS) which can compare the photo taken from the microchip embedded within the passport against that stored in the immigration database. 

The FRC won’t need to search tens of millions of photos within its database, which would obviously take ages.  The system can very quickly ‘boil’ the number of potential matches down to possibly less than 100.

If for example there have been 10 million Russians aged between 5 and 70 years of age having visited the Kingdom within the past10 years.  How many of those are possibly males?

Let’s just say 50%.  So now you have 5 million Russian male visitors aged between 5 and 70 years of age.  How many of those males were born on the same birth date as the OP?

I think you will find that the chances of there being more than 100 are fairly slim.

So even with a fairly basic facial recognition system doing an evaluation of 100 photos, the chances are that it will pull up the OP’s photo very quickly and inform the IO that there is a possible match. 

The IO only needs to compare the photo taken of the OP the last time he arrived/left the Kingdom, with the person standing in front of him/her, and bingo.  The IO will then link the new passport with the old one (previous name) and be able to see the OP’s previous entry/exit history.

My understanding is that the system will be 80% plus reliable in finding a match even when someone has changed their name(s).

The interesting bit would come after that.  How do they deal with him?

3 hours ago, overherebc said:

If you change your name by deed poll and get a new passport it is obviously recorded in home office records although not in your passport it seems.

The only bit I can't find yet is if that info is sent on passenger details pre-flight, I doubt it though.

If say blacklisted by one country and you do a legal name change and get a new passport would the blacklisting be noted by home office computers? it seems not, I'm still searching.

Facial recognition is not as fast as in the movies and may throw a result up later, note may.

So on the face of it unless luck is not on your side a name and passport change means you are basically a fairly new traveller, apart from finger printing that is.

Changing your name(s) and obtaining a new passport may appear to be a solution to be able to ‘fly under the radar’.  That said, the national security organisations of most counties have been well aware of this possible dodge for some considerable time.

I think that you will find that the passport issuing authority are required to notify their respective national security organisation of such a change so that the security agency can still keep track of ‘people of interest’.

There is certainly no mention of name change on the new passport.

Regarding the question of one country informing another that an individual has been ‘blacklisted’ is very remote.  When it is done, there are usually very special security related reasons.  It is certainly not done for example when someone is banned for overstay or even drug related offences.

Regarding facial recognition – please see my comments above.

Edited by 007 RED

1 hour ago, 007 RED said:

My understanding is that the system will be 80% plus reliable in finding a match even when someone has changed their name(s).

The interesting bit would come after that.  How do they deal with him?

I imagine they'd ask him why he changed his name and he'd better have a better answer than 'to avoid another refusal of entry'. 

Hello guys.

i not read yet what you post before.

just let everyone know that I'm back to bkk. 

Find another option.

and have normal stamp in my passport and activated tr visa

I don't think it's a good idea to post how I do it here.

so if anyone would like to know please send to me message and I will explane what to do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The immigration at Airport said, there is no need to show those 20k in Bath for tourists, would be difficult if you are a 1st timer to get those (multiple) 20k. If you travel over a land border there is a chance. No worries for you daughter.

I herd its 20000THB or the equivalent in any currency.

Still breaking Thai law but I don't suppose the op will care.

8 hours ago, blubb said:

Thanks for your answer. Anyway they will not come without money ...

On 28 January 2018 at 10:44 AM, darrendsd said:

You have no idea whatsoever if the requirements for the METV were designed to stop people living here longterm, it is not unreasonable for a Government to ask applicants to show funds if they are planning to stay in a country for a long period of time, for instance if you apply for a 6 month visa to the UK you are required to show funds, this is the same for a 6 month visit to Thailand, how do you know for sure that the rules are designed to stop people living here on them?

I didn't say stop, I said make it harder! You really should learn to read.

When they introduced the METV they could have kept the DETV and or made the METV available to all locally, but the did neither. Instead they make people go back to their country of residence to get a METV with far stricter conditions. That is harder than getting back to back DETV's locally, and makes staying long term harder!

On 28 January 2018 at 10:44 AM, darrendsd said:

"No one needs more than 6 month continuously in Thailand for tourism"

Well if that's the case why can you get at least 8 months stay on a METV with the full blessing of Immigration and the Government? Why is it then possible to go to say Laos and obtain another 3 4 or even 5 SETV's giving you around a total of over 2 years in the country? Again all with the blessings of Immigration and the Government, That kind of destroys your 6 month theory doesn't it?

The METV is not designed for anyone to live in the country. It's a multi entry visa aimed at foreigners (primarily the Asian market) that want to visit frequently.

Neither immigration or the government have given their blessing to long term tourists. Every change since 2006 has made it harder and sent a clear message that totally contradicts your wishful thinking.

I said no one needs to longer than 6 months for tourism. I didn't say they couldn't. Everyone staying longer than 6 months is not a tourist, they have other motivations/reasons for living in the country.

• Like 1