Anyone with a Foreign Currency Deposit Account?

Anyone with a Foreign Currency Deposit Account in Bangkok? Checking local bank's websites, they either seem to go with the 'big fish', make it difficult, don't pay any interest, or charge you 'an arm and a leg' for withdrawals...

Would be interested in reports about such accounts (smaller sum in Euros) in Bangkok, Vientiane, or Phnom Penh, with a reliable bank.

I have an Foreign Currency Deposit  in EURO, with  Kasikorn. Took about 5 minutes to open it. No fees at all. You don't get intrest on EURO but in my country of origin its about 0.25 %

Its money I don't need, and  because I cancelled all my bankaccounts in belgium.  Once the EURO has a better rate I will cancwl my FCD and put that money, like the rest of my capital in  a fixed account with GSB.

Have a BKK BANK Sterling account, had for about 15 years. This is at HO in Silom Rd as at the time of opening branches had never heard of such a thing and said is was impossible. Once paid out reasonable interest. Topped it up every time I came to Thailand.

Went to top up in 2016 and they wanted to charge me 2% fee for the privilege. I now draw down balance  into my baht account, instead of sending Baht to my current account from UK, until it is depleated.

I find some of the managers in Bkk Bank HO very arrogant, extremely envious of my Thai wife and discurtious because of her duel citizenship and social standing. My wife is always very curtious even when they try to humiliate her.  Yet the minions are generally very respectful, especially the older ones, who like to be inquisitive. I think it time for a change this year.

Is there anyone out there who can genuinely recommend a bank with good service.

John K

On 29/01/2018 at 7:11 PM, henry15 said:

I have an Foreign Currency Deposit  in EURO, with  Kasikorn. Took about 5 minutes to open it. No fees at all. You don't get intrest on EURO but in my country of origin its about 0.25 %

Its money I don't need, and  because I cancelled all my bankaccounts in belgium.  Once the EURO has a better rate I will cancwl my FCD and put that money, like the rest of my capital in  a fixed account with GSB.

You are mistaken, Kasikorn does charge a range of fees on their foreign currency accounts and they can be found here: 

https://www.kasikornbank.com/en/rate/fee/Documents/FCDFees_08042016_Eng.pdf