Burgers In Chiang Mai

chuchok

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
Who has the best.I've tried Mikes Burgers on many occasians and find them quite good.
In-N-Out Burger..........eerrr wait, wrong country......wrong continent ! I would have to cast my vote to Mikes right now, although there are quite a few places I have yet to try. When I go somewhere like Dukes ( although it might be great ) I can't bring myself to order a burger ! :o
What makes a good burger?
IMHO it is simplicity , charbroiling and fresh ingredients.

now im no expert , and this is just my own opinion ,but i had a really nice hawaiin burger in that open air restaurant in front of the top north hotel , next to true blue . it tasted great and was a good size i was thouroughly enjoying my meal until my idiot infant son puked up everywhere although i dont think this was a reflection on the food

Try CItirin on Chanklan Road near Silom Joy!!!

What exactly is an "In-and-Out Burger" ??

Anyone who has read "Clockwork Orange", or seen the film, will understand why I find the name rather ... unusual :D .

'Clockwork Orange', what a sick-o classic flick...Been too long since I've seen it. (I believe it came out about the same time as that other sick-o movie, 'Last house on the left'......classics of their time.

As far as 'In-and-Out Burger', a popular thing to do was to get an 'In-and-Out Burger' bumper sticker and remove the 'B' and last 'r' in Burger, then put it on your car.... You were styling then... :o

I have yet to read through all 13 pages of this thread but I am wondering if anyone has mentioned the famous 'White Castle' burgers..... aka 'sliders'... Ahhh I remember many of nights of drinking and then ordering 20 of those little burgers to cap off the night.............

Anyone who has read "Clockwork Orange", or seen the film, will understand why I find the name rather ... unusual :D .

'Clockwork Orange', what a sick-o classic flick...Been too long since I've seen it. (I believe it came out about the same time as that other sick-o movie, 'Last house on the left'......classics of their time.

"Clockwork Orange" was a great film and a great book. Anyone who could compare it to "Last House on the Left" is either taking the piss or has severe mental problems! :o

Sitting at Duke's the other night, watching Buckwheat trying to eat half his beef lasagna, we could not recall if ThaiVisa-Chiang Mai forum has a.....a lasagna topic!

No it doesn't. The Dukes is TOO heavy and has too much goop for me, but I don't know anyone else with good lasagna. Do you? :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

"Clockwork Orange" was a great film and a great book. Anyone who could compare it to "Last House on the Left" is either taking the piss or has severe mental problems! :o

Both..... :D

Both..... :D

That's a relief! :D

I wonder whether there is any place that sells "moslem" burger in CM?

Or at least a place that only sells beef or chicken burger in the menu, no pork.

Aum cafe / bookstore next to Black Canyon by Montri hotel has a 50 baht veggie burger I enjoy more than the heart cloggers. I like a little clogging though, so I order the fries as well. 80 baht total. Or try the Indian salad.

went to the new place across from the original mike's burgers on chiang mai road: "texas barbecue beef". my first impression upon seeing it was, oh crap this is a rip off of the "mike's formua" that gave us mike's and miguel's.

well, as it turns out, i was wrong - big mike is back in town. and welcome back, sir! as many have lamented the fact that mike's burgers-sans mike has taken a hit in quality since the man left, be advised that the real mike is running the show over at texas bbq beef.

i had a "philly cheesesteak burger" with a generous hamburger patty, slices of roast beef on top, peppers and onions and cheese on a nice bakery roll, with coleslaw and a nice pickle for about 130 baht (139?). It was easily one of the best burgers I've had in Chiang Mai. Or ever.

I felt good all day after that. At least until the loy kratong madness started up again (I live by the river).

I'm not really a burger person, but I did go to Mikes in Kad Suan Keaw sometimes. When it first opened they had really excellent espresso coffee and it's a nice location to sit and watch the world go by. Staff were all very friendly too.

What happened to the place? The staff are now as miserable as hel_l and the coffee is diabolical, shame as I used to enjoy, but doubt I'll be going back.

Chiangmai Saloon. Seven different burgers to choose from, all of them charcoal-grilled.

Thanks for the link, sabaijai. It's the only menu I've seen where everything sounds delicious! :o

I know Dannys too. Its only a small takeaway place but the Fish and Chips is excellent. They are now doing small pizzas as well. The burgers are okay but the patties are a bit small, but still okay value considering its Ozzie Beef

Believe the place is for sale. Saw an ad on citylife.

Dannys is def gone.

Tried it a couple of times about a year ago or was it 2 and found his chips/french fries too greasy ...yuk...however still sorry its .orff......

On last joli a couple of weeks ago I noticed (after staggering out of the CM Saloon) at about 1-30 that Mikes had a new branch on the corner entrance to the Gentlemens Ents place on L.C .....a life saver ...burger was great.

also as suggested one on the corner of Anusan as well...

I usually head off down to Paddys in the market for a last session but have started to notice recently that I keep trying to avoid the pavement going over the canal at the D-2 wan...it takes you straight into the canal...so a bit of carbo hydrates :D helps foicus the old bins in the right direction....gotta get a compass.....or summit

Paagai, Mike's in the basement of Kad San Kaew is still there, and the staff is still fairly cute and friendly. The burgers are still the same. I ordered chili con carne last week, and it was watery and maybe void of meat, mostly just chopped onions and cheese. But the burgers were as good as ever. I even had a burger at Mike's on Niemanheiman yesterday that felt off taste. Since that's the first time ever for me with a burger at any Mike's, I will pardon them for that.

It's all a matter of taste of course, as if anyone who seeks out burgers has any, but my favorite here remains Burger K's "Original" Cheese Whopper. Huge, loaded with the fixins, drip down your arms goodness..

Saloon has quite a variety of burgers and their Chef Salad is quite good but even my dog refused to eat their fish sandwich.

I rarely eat burgers but am a freak for coleslaw and O'Mal's is good (pretty decent Lasagna as well), Migggle's to die for but neither of them know how to pack it for take-away and everything in the bag is floating in coleslaw sauce before you even get it out the door. Really wet things belong in Thai-style plastic bags, not styrofoam boxes. :o

i had a "philly cheesesteak burger" with a generous hamburger patty, slices of roast beef on top, peppers and onions and cheese on a nice bakery roll...

Urg.. Sounds delish but my belly/heart hurts just thinking about it.. :D

I do agree with Ajarn about the bun at the Duke's, but the burgers are still the best. The new place across from Mike's has some good burgers, Texas Roast Beef. I think that is what it's called, they stole the Arby's hat for their sign. I have always thought of Mike's and The Duke's totally different leagues though. Mike's is like In-n-Out and The Duke's is like Red Robin. Way different places. I almost forgot Queen Elizabeth's, good burgers there too.

Personal favorites to satisfy the ground chuck craving; Texas Roast beef and Miguel’s (nice surprise).

Next to try; Woody’s.

Mike’s burgers has been a big let down from year and half back, Kad San Kaew (just last night) and Niemanheiman locals both.