SURVEY: Do you want Trump to finish his first term?

Scott

SURVEY: Do you WANT Trump to finish his first term?  

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

54 minutes ago, mogandave said:

I think it fair to say the Obama Administration’s impact on the market is coming to an end and tTump policies are staring to have an impact...

Business cycles are rarely affected by government policy provided it isn't too extreme. Only in times of financial disaster does government have a crucial role. Obama can legitimately claim credit for bring the USA out of the financial recession earlier than other major nations. But the country eventually would have come out of it anyway. It just would have taken longer and inflicted a lot more suffering.

The "trump" midterm strategy? Racism and more racism. More toxic than ever. How can any decent American have any respect at all at this point for anyone that still supports this disgusting troll president?

"The “Animal” Debate Is Over

Separating families at the border shows exactly what Donald Trump thinks of immigrants.

It was always clear Trump would lean on racism to try to win the midterms. What’s now apparent is the shape and scope of that appeal.

But in 2018, he intends an unvarnished message of brutality and dehumanization; a white-supremacy campaign for the 21st century. "

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/06/separating-families-at-the-border-shows-exactly-what-the-trump-administration-thinks-of-immigrants.html

• Like 1

A short term Trump may be good for the world, he has damaged America's reputation, burnt any good will that other nations may have had for it so severely that the era of American domination will speedily come to an end. China is already holding meetings with its manufacturers about alternative trading opportunities with Europe and Japan, moving away from America. Europe has seen that one can't rely on America's stability or good intentions. The German Bundespraesident has said that the rupture in good relations could be irreparable. America's huge mountain of debt could come back to haunt it when ever more nations gradually, little by little, show that they are unwilling to continue to support it.

A short term Trump may be good for the world, he has damaged America's reputation, burnt any good will that other nations may have had for it so severely that the era of American domination will speedily come to an end. China is already holding meetings with its manufacturers about alternative trading opportunities with Europe and Japan, moving away from America. Europe has seen that one can't rely on America's stability or good intentions. The German Bundespraesident has said that the rupture in good relations could be irreparable. America's huge mountain of debt could come back to haunt it when ever more nations gradually, little by little, show that they are unwilling to continue to support it.

While I won’t argue most of what you’ve said, China is already selling all they can into Europe, and a significant reduction in US trade and their economy will take a big hit.

The "trump" midterm strategy? Racism and more racism. More toxic than ever. How can any decent American have any respect at all at this point for anyone that still supports this disgusting troll president?

"The “Animal” Debate Is Over

Separating families at the border shows exactly what Donald Trump thinks of immigrants.
It was always clear Trump would lean on racism to try to win the midterms. What’s now apparent is the shape and scope of that appeal.
But in 2018, he intends an unvarnished message of brutality and dehumanization; a white-supremacy campaign for the 21st century. "

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/06/separating-families-at-the-border-shows-exactly-what-the-trump-administration-thinks-of-immigrants.html

He gets more like Hitler everyday!!!!

The orange buffoon must go!!!

Impeach 45!!!

2 minutes ago, mogandave said:

While I won’t argue most of what you’ve said, China is already selling all they can into Europe, and a significant reduction in US trade and their economy will take a big hit.

not necessarily only about selling but also about buying (Airbus instead of Boeing for instance) as well as joint ventures and investment, this won't happen overnight but once it really gets going there will be no turning back. Other countries would be willing and in the long term with reliable contracts be able to replace America's farm produce, latin America and Asia come to mind as does Europe which produces far more than it needs, once markets are lost they are lost for good, a fear that some GOP senators have voiced. Europe alone has twice as many consumers as the USA. Russia and China already use each others currencies for trading, by passing the Dollar.

• Like 2

He gets more like Hitler everyday!!!!

The orange buffoon must go!!!

Impeach 45!!!
Normally it's a fail to go there with the Nazi comparisons. "trump" is not a literal Nazi but he is definitely an authoritarian demagogue and we should never forget his both sides have good people snark associating himself with the Nazis at Charlottesville. Nazi adjacent?

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Normally it's a fail to go there with the Nazi comparisons. "trump" is not a literal Nazi but he is definitely an authoritarian demagogue and we should never forget his both sides have good people snark associating himself with the Nazis at Charlottesville. Nazi adjacent?

I think the most accurate way to put it is that Trump is not a Nazi but he thinks that lots of them are good people.

3 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

I think the most accurate way to put it is that Trump is not a Nazi but he thinks that lots of them are good people.

Although he didnt state that , you are misrepresenting what Trump said

He just endorsed yet another explicit white supremacist for U.S. senate. The specific Nazi thing is always loaded but within the American white supremacist movement that were represented well at Charlottesville there are literal American Nazis and others that don't brand themselves that way but have very similar hateful views. And don't forget the KKK. "trump" has never and will never convincingly disassociate himself with this white supremacist scum. He's made some insincere comments under pressure but nothing believable. He clearly welcomes their continued support. Disgusting.  

Getting real. The vast majority of his supporters identify at least with his explicit white nationalist agenda and a significant percentage take that further by identifying with white supremacist ideology. A more toxic level of white nationalism. He doesn't feel he can afford to alienate the more toxic ones and more and more his rhetoric matches the toxic ones. Indeed the opening of his campaign elevator speech did as well. So nobody should really be surprised about what he turned out to be.

not necessarily only about selling but also about buying (Airbus instead of Boeing for instance) as well as joint ventures and investment, this won't happen overnight but once it really gets going there will be no turning back. Other countries would be willing and in the long term with reliable contracts be able to replace America's farm produce, latin America and Asia come to mind as does Europe which produces far more than it needs, once markets are lost they are lost for good, a fear that some GOP senators have voiced. Europe alone has twice as many consumers as the USA. Russia and China already use each others currencies for trading, by passing the Dollar.

It is my understanding that Europe is generally not considered a growth market.

It is also my understanding that material and production costs are generally higher in the EU than in the US.

The GDP of the EU is smaller than that of the US.

In my opinion, when push comes to shove, China will bite the bullet and take the hit.

Possible "trump" campaign slogan - - We're not exactly Nazis.

http://www.paywallnews.com/news/Analysis-%7C-Trump-turns-to-Europe’s-far-right-as-he-detains-Latin-American-children.S17uAXPDb7.html

Trump turns to Europe’s far right as he detains Latin American children

“ ‘We aren’t exactly like the Nazis; we’re just separating children from their parents indefinitely and holding them in detention camps,’ ” Vox noted, “isn’t exactly a compelling brief for the Trump policy.” But it's certainly a sign of the times.

2 hours ago, mogandave said:

It is my understanding that Europe is generally not considered a growth market.

It is also my understanding that material and production costs are generally higher in the EU than in the US.

The GDP of the EU is smaller than that of the US.

In my opinion, when push comes to shove, China will bite the bullet and take the hit.

The EU is growing, just at a slow pace but it is solid growth even though they have the weights of brexit, Italy And Greece around their necks but this too will pass and QE will be finished at years end. The Dollar is rising because of rate rises not because the Industry has produced spectacular results but think about the Dollar for a moment, the FED, a privately owned institution, produces money from thin air and lends it to the government who has to pay it back with interest from tax Dollars. Officially the US debt is something like 24 trillion but I have seen some stats that say with all the hidden obligations, pensions etc. it could be more than a hundred trillion, you could then tax every citizen 100% of their wages and it wouldn't even make a dent in the interest payments,that makes the US vulnerable especially as a lot of debt is owned by other countries.

Europe has higher production costs because of its good social welfare system but that also frees up disposable income, there are increasing numbers of poor in the US and a heavily indebted middle class, this was OK when America was the go to place for consumer goods, it isn't anymore, lot of new kids on the block, China, India, Europe are knocking on the door. When the petro Dollar goes, America goes with it.

China is too big to bite the dust, if China uses the financial lever as a final resort, the USA is bankrupt.

17 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Possible "trump" campaign slogan - - We're not exactly Nazis.

http://www.paywallnews.com/news/Analysis-%7C-Trump-turns-to-Europe’s-far-right-as-he-detains-Latin-American-children.S17uAXPDb7.html

Trump turns to Europe’s far right as he detains Latin American children

“ ‘We aren’t exactly like the Nazis; we’re just separating children from their parents indefinitely and holding them in detention camps,’ ” Vox noted, “isn’t exactly a compelling brief for the Trump policy.” But it's certainly a sign of the times.

They aren't gassing them.....yet.

They aren't gassing them.....yet.

No but we're all being constantly gaslighted by "trump".  

"Trump is a toxic blend of Barnum and bully. If you’re a good mark, he’s your best friend. But if you catch on to the con, then he starts to gaslight. Ask him a question and he’ll lie without batting an eye. Call him a liar and he’ll declare himself “truthful to a fault."

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/nicole-hemmer/articles/2016-03-15/donald-trump-is-conning-america-with-his-lies

I was just back from the South Texas border with Mexico. I am a birder and stayed several weeks. I talked to the border patrol there quite a bit. They told me that the Mexican border jumpers had almost stopped. Trumps no tolerance stance had almost stopped the flow. They told me since Trump took over the Mexican's jumping the border has dropped over 50% 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"trump" lying even more than his usual serial lying baseline. An amazing feat. You really have to give him credit.

"President Trump — a man already known for trafficking in mistruths and even outright lies — has been outdoing even himself with falsehoods in recent days, repeating and amplifying bogus claims on several of the most pressing controversies facing his presidency.

“It’s extraordinary how he is completely indifferent to truth. There’s just no relationship between his statements — anything he utters — and the actual truth of the matter,” said Thomas Murray, president emeritus of the Hastings Center, the founding institution in the field of bioethics."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/president-trump-seems-to-be-saying-more-and-more-things-that-arent-true/2018/06/19/c1bb8af6-73d5-11e8-805c-4b67019fcfe4_story.html

• Like 1

The EU is growing, just at a slow pace but it is solid growth even though they have the weights of brexit, Italy And Greece around their necks but this too will pass and QE will be finished at years end. The Dollar is rising because of rate rises not because the Industry has produced spectacular results but think about the Dollar for a moment, the FED, a privately owned institution, produces money from thin air and lends it to the government who has to pay it back with interest from tax Dollars. Officially the US debt is something like 24 trillion but I have seen some stats that say with all the hidden obligations, pensions etc. it could be more than a hundred trillion, you could then tax every citizen 100% of their wages and it wouldn't even make a dent in the interest payments,that makes the US vulnerable especially as a lot of debt is owned by other countries.
Europe has higher production costs because of its good social welfare system but that also frees up disposable income, there are increasing numbers of poor in the US and a heavily indebted middle class, this was OK when America was the go to place for consumer goods, it isn't anymore, lot of new kids on the block, China, India, Europe are knocking on the door. When the petro Dollar goes, America goes with it.
China is too big to bite the dust, if China uses the financial lever as a final resort, the USA is bankrupt.

How does China benefit from the US going bankrupt?

3 hours ago, soalbundy said:

There's so much wrong here that it would take too long to address it all. Why is China too big to fail but the US not? In fact, China's banking industry is afflicted with a terrible hidden debt burden thanks to all those state sponsored industries and empty developments.

I'm guessing the financial tool you're referring to is Chinese holdings of US Treasury notes. First off, it isn't that big a percentage of all the notes out there. But if it were the case, the worst thing that could happen to the chinese economy would be a precipitous decline in the US dollar in relation to the Yuan.

A  few republicans get it. 

Big one today.

To save the country and the democracy, it's necessary in this time of degradation of the presidency and the country (made by and for ??"trump"??) to strongly support DEMOCRATS in 2018 and 2020.

Zero tolerance for "trump" and his complicit  supporters.

Steve Schmidt, Longtime G.O.P. Strategist, Quits ‘Corrupt’ and ‘Immoral’ Party

“The first step to a season of renewal in our land is the absolute and utter repudiation of Trump and his vile enablers in the 2018 election by electing Democratic majorities,” Mr. Schmidt wrote. “I do not say this as an advocate of a progressive agenda. I say it as someone who retains belief in DEMOCRACY and decency.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/20/us/politics/party-of-trump-steve-schmidt.html

Edited by Jingthing

Boom: Over 95% of manufacturers bullish on future, ‘record optimism’

“This record optimism is no accident. It is fueled by the game-changing tax reform passed six months ago,” said NAM President and CEO Jay Timmons.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/boom-over-95-of-manufacturers-bullish-on-future-record-optimism

Edited by riclag

11 hours ago, garyk said:

I was just back from the South Texas border with Mexico. I am a birder and stayed several weeks. I talked to the border patrol there quite a bit. They told me that the Mexican border jumpers had almost stopped. Trumps no tolerance stance had almost stopped the flow. They told me since Trump took over the Mexican's jumping the border has dropped over 50% 

As illegal crossings are once more on the rise and Trump hears a cascade of criticism from conservative allies, Nielsen finds herself on the receiving end of the president’s visceral anger about immigration. He sees the issue as the reason he won the presidency and a key to his politicking ahead of the midterm elections.

The president has chastised Nielsen on several occasions this spring, including in a much publicized meeting this month when he attacked her in front of the entire Cabinet. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/were-closed-trump-directs-his-anger-over-immigration-at-homeland-security-secretary/2018/05/24/4bd686ec-5abc-11e8-8b92-45fdd7aaef3c_story.html?utm_term=.948c867abc55

• Like 1

1 hour ago, riclag said:

“This record optimism is no accident. It is fueled by the game-changing tax reform passed six months ago,” said NAM President and CEO Jay Timmons.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/boom-over-95-of-manufacturers-bullish-on-future-record-optimism

Right, that "game-changing tax reform".  Any comment on the predicted trillion dollar plus deficits?

6 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Right, that "game-changing tax reform".  Any comment on the predicted trillion dollar plus deficits?

Sure PT will get 1 plus  years worth of 3.2 -4 % growth and surely 1 T is peanuts compared to 10T,which he is trying to fix from the spend happy past

11 minutes ago, riclag said:

Sure PT will get 1 plus  years worth of 3.2 -4 % growth and surely 1 T is peanuts compared to 10T,which he is trying to fix from the spend happy past

Find any credible source that states Trump will get that growth. 

Tell us how Trump is "trying to fix from the spend happy past."

Look at how we arrived at our current national debt--it was by many budget deficits much less than one trillion dollars.  Are you arguing that the current deficit is so large that it's ok for the federal government to borrow like there's no tomorrow?  Of course with Trump in charge, there may be no tomorrow.

Edited by heybruce

35 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Find any credible source that states Trump will get that growth. 

Tell us how Trump is "trying to fix from the spend happy past."

Look at how we arrived at our current national debt--it was by many budget deficits much less than one trillion dollars.  Are you arguing that the current deficit is so large that it's ok for the federal government to borrow like there's no tomorrow?  Of course with Trump in charge, there may be no tomorrow.

I'm suggesting what the article said . And I also understand the left will show no quarter, when it comes to a smidgen of optimism that is under PT watch . These stories just don't magically appear. Nice try

Did anyone ever doubt the rich would continue getting richer?
  • Like 2