Indefinite poll delay possible

rooster59

Ok quite pleased with what the current government has achieved, for personal reasons. No corruption in many places there used to be. The economy is going really well. Time to wait for citizenship has halved. There were no roots, and foreigners being lynched when HM died, liked so many people said there would be for years.

I prefer this government to the one in the UK or USA.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok quite pleased with what the current government has achieved, for personal reasons. No corruption in many places there used to be. The economy is going really well. Time to wait for citizenship has halved. There were no roots, and foreigners being lynched when HM died, liked so many people said there would be for years.

As long as you are ok...

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

12 hours ago, steven100 said:

we can hope that there is no election .... Thailand certainly doesn't need an election at this time. With the country ticking over at a good pace and economic development ongoing ,  the last thing Thailand needs is to go back to the protests, unruly parties, fighting, killings, insecurity, bolcked roads,  and many other things.

This government is the best thing that has happened ..... the last 3 years of security and sustainability only helps to prove that.  Khun Prayut is doing a good job ... much better than his predecessors.

Related image

Yes doing an excellent job! As good as if not better than his predecessors who have all absconded to the UK with billions. Saw Prayut at the UK embassy the other day with a new UK passport. Just in case!

34 minutes ago, brucec64 said:

As long as you are ok...

Not just me buddy, most Thai people are happy with the present government.

One reason I've never voted in my life is because I'm an anarchist. Whoever you vote for the government wins.

Don't you vote for someone that makes your life easier, or better?

It doesn't matter who gets democratically elected. The bashers will attack that corrupt politician from all angles demanding he or she step down... Well... Then..

The J-U-N-T-A Shows up. And THEN GUESS WHAT?

Rinse repeat. got to love the jaded expats and the comedy that TV provides [emoji23]

One reason I've never voted in my life is because I'm an anarchist. Whoever you vote for the government wins.

Good to know that you have your finger on the pulse of the Thai nation. Bangkok Poll can save some time and money and just ask you.

But I'm confused, or maybe you are. You say you are an anarchist but support a fascist government. Aren't they at the complete opposite ends of the spectrum?

And yes, I have voted for governments that overall have made things better. But I'm not disaffected...

11 minutes ago, brucec64 said:

Good to know that you have your finger on the pulse of the Thai nation. Bangkok Poll can save some time and money and just ask you.

But I'm confused, or maybe you are. You say you are an anarchist but support a fascist government. Aren't they at the complete opposite ends of the spectrum?

And yes, I have voted for governments that overall have made things better. But I'm not disaffected...

No need for a personal attack.

I just happen to know and work with many Thai people, and listen to all walks of life talk about the state of the nation.

Indeed, you are confused, I don't support a fascist government.

No need for a personal attack.

I just happen to know and work with many Thai people, and listen to all walks of life talk about the state of the nation.

Indeed, you are confused, I don't support a fascist government.

Not a personal attack. I just call BS on those that claim to know what "most" Thai people want.

And if "most" people want the junta, why is the junta so scared too have an election, even after completely rigging the voting system and the senate?

23 minutes ago, brucec64 said:

Not a personal attack. I just call BS on those that claim to know what "most" Thai people want.

To be fair you must also call bs on those small groups who claim that "most" Thai people want an election that might very well endanger the hard fought and fragile stability the country currently has.

To be fair you must also call bs on those small groups who claim that "most" Thai people want an election that might very well endanger the hard fought and fragile stability the country currently has.

In a poll released today, 47% of people disagreed with the poll delay while only 21% agreed with the delay. I'm not claiming anything, just stating facts.

9 minutes ago, brucec64 said:

In a poll released today, 47% of people disagreed with the poll delay while only 21% agreed with the delay. I'm not claiming anything, just stating facts.

Cherry picking polls to support your view of what "most" thai people want?

I'll see your local poll with its tiny sample and raise you the 2016 nationwide constitutional referendum in which 61% of voters backed Prayut's charter( offered only semi-democracy and was seen to tighten military rule in Thailand ).

Edited by Air Smiles

Cherry picking polls to support your view of what "most" thai people want?

I'll see your local poll with its tiny sample and raise you the 2016 nationwide constitutional referendum in which 61% of voters backed Prayut's charter( offered only semi-democracy and was seen to tighten military rule in Thailand ).

Refresh my memory on that one. Isn't it the poll where there was a 10 year jail sentence for campaigning for "no"? Must be why I didn't consider it when looking for legitimate results.

10 hours ago, Mickmouse1 said:

Haha ,clever boy!! THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I predicted if those do called activists will carry on protesting and antagonise the Leadership. Simple.

Yep! Kudos to you Mickmouse1; I've been saying exactly the same thing too! :wai:

9 minutes ago, brucec64 said:

Refresh my memory on that one. Isn't it the poll where there was a 10 year jail sentence for campaigning for "no"? Must be why I didn't consider it when looking for legitimate results.

Yes, your memory only contains half the story as no campaigning was allowed either way to prevent manipulation, so Thailand avoided the 'largest campaign fund wins' dynamic that exists in' most "democratic" countries(case in point, do some research on how Trump paid Facebook $200m to help buy the presidency) ....instead the Charter proposal documents were made available to the public to quietly talk amongst themselves and make up their own minds.

ps

As you like facts, how many redshirts went to jail for 10 years for campaigning to boycott the referendum?

Edited by Air Smiles

Yes, your memory only contains half the story as no campaigning was allowed either way to prevent manipulation, so Thailand avoided the 'largest campaign fund wins' dynamic that exists in' most "democratic" countries(case in point, do some research on how Trump paid Facebook $200m to help buy the presidency) ....instead the Charter proposal documents were made available to the public to quietly talk amongst themselves and make up their own minds.

ps
As you like facts, how many redshirts went to jail for 10 years for campaigning to boycott the referendum?

Complete nonsense. The military was mobilized to go door to door to "instruct" how to vote and no independent observation of the election was allowed. Any documents and analysis were provided by the junta and were completely biased, and it would take a constitutional lawyer to decipher the monstrosity of a constitution that was put forward.

Saying no campaigning on any side is a falsehood. It was a completely one side propaganda with pressure on village heads to deliver then vote. Worse than any election tactics. And still only got 61%.

Would you accept this bastadization of electoral process in your country? Yet somehow you overlook here because it delivered the result you wanted.

15 hours ago, steven100 said:

we can hope that there is no election .... Thailand certainly doesn't need an election at this time. With the country ticking over at a good pace and economic development ongoing ,  the last thing Thailand needs is to go back to the protests, unruly parties, fighting, killings, insecurity, bolcked roads,  and many other things.

This government is the best thing that has happened ..... the last 3 years of security and sustainability only helps to prove that.  Khun Prayut is doing a good job ... much better than his predecessors.

Related image

I used to believe that back in 2014.

In 2015 not so much.

2016 I believed very little.

2017 I started to believe that they were no better than the previous governments.

2018 has only just started but my faith in them is lower than a snakes belly.

Granted that there are no more riots or street occupations by either the reds or the yellows and that they have improved a few things, but their claim to eliminate corruption and reform the police simply hasn't happened.

Now IMHO they are trying to rig the elections and they will probably succeed but they are not students of history and they have short memories and forget about 1993.at their peril.

17 hours ago, steven100 said:

Related image

Pratt, pratt and double pratt. 

6 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Yes, they re-arranged corruption.  The military is doing much better now.  Transparency International registers no decline in net corruption.

The economy continues to lag the rest of southeast Asia.  The income disparity, which was too high before the coup, is getting worse.

I don't recall anyone predicting "roots" or foreigners being lynched when the king died.

5 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Another one who claims to speak for "most Thai people".  How many of the 60+ million have you consulted?

4 hours ago, mrfill said:

I am not too worried about this, as long as it is only for a short time; February perhaps. 

** I believe 'indefinite' means a bit after February. **

It's been just a short time since 2014.  Have you not detected the pattern?

22 hours ago, steven100 said:

Related image

Maybe the police should keep order like other places?  

23 minutes ago, Basil B said:

As much as I would like to see real democracy, the junta is getting things done and clamping down on corruption. 

Other than repression and rich generals, what has the junta accomplished?

Transparency International doesn't agree with your optimistic view on corruption.   
https://www.transparency.org/news/feature/corruption_perceptions_index_2016#table