Thai Post Office promises swift action as diamond ring goes missing in the mail

webfact

Thai Post Office promises swift action as diamond ring goes missing in the mail

5pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

The Thai Post Office has responded after a woman reported that a package she ordered using the EMS service had been opened and a diamond ring stolen.

The package was sent from a post office in Petchaburi and was picked up at another one in Surat Thani but it had been clearly tampered with and the contents were missing.

The matter is in the hands of the police.

The Post office said that the customer would be compensated in line with policy while they offered full help in the inquiry.

The story has been doing the rounds of social media undermining faith in the postal service.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-01-29

when 2 visa cards went missing in the post the local post office told me it happens all the time as they can on sell the cards, then there is someone I know that had several packages stolen, last one had to be signed for and it was the postie that did it. He wasnt sacked and did not have to pay restitution either, just apologize and nothing else happened, this is Thailand where graft and corruption rule in case anyone was not already aware it

3 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

What kind of twit purchases an expensive diamond ring and allegedly has it mailed to them by EMS? Do idiots never die out on this planet?

Unfortunately idiots are breeding in larger numbers.. Idiocracy..

It is ironic, if perhaps slightly off topic, that two UK government agencies with which I have been dealing will not use email, they claim that it is insecure!

Yet every single letter and package which I have received this last twelve months, without exception, had been opened and rifled. Even the £20 note tucked into the pair of socks which my aunt sent my daughter for Christmas had been pinched.
My pension statement from the UK Veterans Agency had some notes written in Thai on the envelope - which included the annual amount, written in Thai numerals.

But email is not secure...

I doubt whether this lady will ever see anything.

Sent from my KENNY using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I was also going to post a whinge about my credit card being stolen by someone in the Thai postal service, but hey TiT. We chose to live in a poverty-stricken country so no point having a cry when they steal “rich man” mail. It’s to be expected....

2 hours ago, JAG said:

It is ironic, if perhaps slightly off topic, that two UK government agencies with which I have been dealing will not use email, they claim that it is insecure!

Yet every single letter and package which I have received this last twelve months, without exception, had been opened and rifled. Even the £20 note tucked into the pair of socks which my aunt sent my daughter for Christmas had been pinched.
My pension statement from the UK Veterans Agency had some notes written in Thai on the envelope - which included the annual amount, written in Thai numerals.

But email is not secure...

I doubt whether this lady will ever see anything.

Sent from my KENNY using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Next time suggest to aunty that along with the socks she includes a bar of chocolate. Insert the gift into tthe chocolate under the aluminium foil.  The aluminium foil will screen the gift from the scanner.  I recommend Lind

5 hours ago, seajae said:

when 2 visa cards went missing in the post the local post office told me it happens all the time as they can on sell the cards, then there is someone I know that had several packages stolen, last one had to be signed for and it was the postie that did it. He wasnt sacked and did not have to pay restitution either, just apologize and nothing else happened, this is Thailand where graft and corruption rule in case anyone was not already aware it

Barclaycard refused to send my new Visa card to Thailand and said they would close my account of nearly 30 years if I didn't give them an alternative address. And we didn't receive any mail in my village for two months. Turned out the postman couldn't be bothered to deliver and destroyed it. Not just mine, the whole village. Was he arrested, fired, disciplined? Of course not. It would have hurt his feelings and that's not sanuk.

54 minutes ago, fantom said:

Next time suggest to aunty that along with the socks she includes a bar of chocolate. Insert the gift into tthe chocolate under the aluminium foil.  The aluminium foil will screen the gift from the scanner.  I recommend Lind

Good plan - unless the guy operating the scanner has a sweet tooth!

2 hours ago, Gregster said:

I was also going to post a whinge about my credit card being stolen by someone in the Thai postal service, but hey TiT. We chose to live in a poverty-stricken country so no point having a cry when they steal “rich man” mail. It’s to be expected....

I did not choose to live in a poverty stricken country where you can expect your mail to be stolen. I chose to live in "the land of smiles", where people are friendly, honest, helpful, and welcoming. At least that's what I was told by the experts who write "best places" books, the TAT, and even the posters on TVF.

The reality turned out to be much different.

6 minutes ago, curtklay said:

I did not choose to live in a poverty stricken country where you can expect your mail to be stolen. I chose to live in "the land of smiles", where people are friendly, honest, helpful, and welcoming. At least that's what I was told by the experts who write "best places" books, the TAT, and even the posters on TVF.

The reality turned out to be much different.

"...and even the posters on TVF".

You seriously took advice about whether to live here from some of the world's least credible people?

40 minutes ago, bluesofa said:
49 minutes ago, JAG said:

Good plan - unless the guy operating the scanner has a sweet tooth!

Dead easy - put a whole bar of laxative chocolate in the package, it would be worth it for the satisfaction.

The reason I suggested laxative chocolate was from personal experience twenty-five years ago when my wife brought her four kids to the UK.

My wife had a bar of laxative chocolate (lack of somtam to keep her regular) in the fridge along with some Cadbury's Dairy Milk. The kids new no English, so without asking, they divided it all up between the four of them. One lucky lad got all Cadbury's, the other three had the laxative chocolate between them.

At the time we only had one bathroom. The queue was two of them outside permanently waiting, with the other one inside.

13 hours ago, fantom said:

Enjoy  the  molten  mess!!