After year of bitter feuds, Trump urges bipartisan cooperation

webfact

1 hour ago, Opl said:

Trump and Joe Kennedy do not belong to the same species, Trump is a Raptor, Joe Kennedy is " a young person with vision and hope. Democrats have their message, and they are ready to come after the Trump darkness with the light and hope that America needs."

http://www.politicususa.com/2018/01/30/star-born-joseph-kennedy-iii-nailed-sotu-response-trump.html

YES!

Indeed. Run Joe run! :partytime2:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Opl said:

FactChecking Trump’s State of the Union

"The president exaggerates his accomplishments in his address to Congress. President Donald Trump’s first State of the Union address was filled with several repeat claims about the economy, tax cuts and immigration that we’ve fact-checked before, as well as new false and misleading statements on auto plants, judicial appointments and development aid."

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/01/factchecking-trumps-state-union/

It depends on which articles are used for reference, but even this article highlights a couple of facts that were true, but his input was exaggerated. Just out of interest what do you think Hilary would have done by now if she had won? Would there have been any changes? Would she have made claims to show that she is doing a good job? Would the media be so critical? Trump is ruffling a few feathers but at least he can be voted out at the next election if he has not done well enough and there is decent opposition.

14 minutes ago, alien365 said:

It depends on which articles are used for reference, but even this article highlights a couple of facts that were true, but his input was exaggerated. Just out of interest what do you think Hilary would have done by now if she had won? Would there have been any changes? Would she have made claims to show that she is doing a good job? Would the media be so critical? Trump is ruffling a few feathers but at least he can be voted out at the next election if he has not done well enough and there is decent opposition.

Out of "interest" you want to hijack this to be about Hillary Clinton?:passifier:Nah. Out of deflection.

The State of the Union Is Unrecognizable

The reality is somewhat less rosy: By a wide margin, Americans believe that the nation is on the wrong track, and the president’s approval rating is historically low.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/01/the-state-of-the-union-is-unrecognizable/551927/

Edited by Jingthing

28 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Out of "interest" you want to hijack this to be about Hillary Clinton?:passifier:Nah. Out of deflection.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/01/the-state-of-the-union-is-unrecognizable/551927/

No deflection as im not fighting anything, but I see what you mean, that could be for another thread. 

I personally see a lot of hate against a guy who was democratically voted in using the same electoral system as previous governments. He's a loudmouth, sure, but at least he looks like he's trying to get things moving. He's using statistics to his benefit, but the links I questioned still state most of what he said was true.

5 hours ago, wayned said:

The speech was the work of his advisor Stephen Miller with inputs from John Kelly.  It was obvious in how he used the tragic situations of the people that were invited to strengthen his proposed policies without any regard to their feelings.  It was classic Miller, a professed white supremacist.

Actually, your observation would probably offend a lot of white supremacists since Miller is Jewish.

Edited by ilostmypassword

2 minutes ago, alien365 said:

No deflection as im not fighting anything, but I see what you mean, that could be for another thread. 

I personally see a lot of hate against a guy who was democratically voted in using the same electoral system as previous governments. He's a loudmouth, sure, but at least he looks like he's trying to get things moving. He's using statistics to his benefit, but the links I questioned still state most of what he said was true.

" Once and for all: Obama didn’t crush US coal, and Trump can’t save it. 

A definitive report shows that the “war on coal” is being waged by markets, and it isn’t over. The secret weapon in the war on coal: collapsing Chinese demand"

https://www.vox.com/energy-and-environment/2017/4/28/15465348/obama-trump-regulations-coal

4 hours ago, midas said:

He says that America now has the lowest unemployment rate ever regarding African-Americans.

Is this true and how did they achieve this?

It is true. Unemployment among African Americans dropped by 1 yuuge percentage point while Trump was in office. Under Obama, it dropped by a measly 8 points.

12 minutes ago, Opl said:

" Once and for all: Obama didn’t crush US coal, and Trump can’t save it. 

A definitive report shows that the “war on coal” is being waged by markets, and it isn’t over. The secret weapon in the war on coal: collapsing Chinese demand"

https://www.vox.com/energy-and-environment/2017/4/28/15465348/obama-trump-regulations-coal

I never said he did and I never stated I believe everything that trump says. As a politician part of your job is to say the other party isn't doing things correctly and that you could do better. We will see if the market on coal changes while trump is in office, be it luck or not. And back to the initial issue Trump will never get cooperation as the two main political parties and supporters are world's apart, just like here in the LOS

1 hour ago, alien365 said:

What does that mean "trying to get things moving". Most of things he's trying to get moving massively benefit the wealthy, including the Wall Street financiers he once attacked.

7 hours ago, wayned said:

The speech was the work of his advisor Stephen Miller with inputs from John Kelly.  It was obvious in how he used the tragic situations of the people that were invited to strengthen his proposed policies without any regard to their feelings.  It was classic Miller, a professed white supremacist.

Those guests were asked or invited . They had a choice .They new why they where there.They are briefed on what was going to be said.

"Miller, a professed white supremacist"?

meaning of professed (of a quality, feeling, or belief) claimed or asserted openly but often falsely.

I fact check this on scope.com .Is Steven Miller a professed white supremacist.

It isn't there.

Edited by riclag

3 minutes ago, riclag said:

"Miller, a professed white supremacist"?

meaning of professed (of a quality, feeling, or belief) claimed or asserted openly but often falsely.

I fact check this on scope.com .Is Steven Miller a professed white supremacist.

It isn't there.

In any case, Miller is a horribly divisive race baiting human being. It's disgusting that he is such a major adviser to any president. 

Just now, ilostmypassword said:

What does that mean "trying to get things moving". Most of things he's trying to get moving massively benefit the wealthy, including the Wall Street financiers he once attacked.

I mean he doesn't spend years procrastinating. He says what he thinks and expects others to get a move on and make it possible. Yes, he has helped the wealthy but I'd hope that encourages more wealthy people to move to the US and set up more businesses.

Just now, alien365 said:

I mean he doesn't spend years procrastinating. He says what he thinks and expects others to get a move on and make it possible. Yes, he has helped the wealthy but I'd hope that encourages more wealthy people to move to the US and set up more businesses.

He says what he thinks at the moment at any rate. But even conceding the point, he's remarkably lazy and uninformed. How can you make things happen if you don't even know what the facts are or how things get done?

Just now, ilostmypassword said:

He says what he thinks at the moment at any rate. But even conceding the point, he's remarkably lazy and uninformed. How can you make things happen if you don't even know what the facts are or how things get done?

I think that's the point though. The people who voted for him wanted an outspoken person in charge who would try and make changes. He says things and expects his party to sort it out. The good old phrase 'how hard can it be' comes to mind. That's how a lot of his supporters think. I'm looking forward to see how things are in a couple of years time. If it's a mess and he doesn't deliver on his promises then the US will know not to vote for another leader like this again. If he does deliver, well I guess we may be in trouble.

2 hours ago, alien365 said:

I think that's the point though. The people who voted for him wanted an outspoken person in charge who would try and make changes. He says things and expects his party to sort it out. The good old phrase 'how hard can it be' comes to mind. That's how a lot of his supporters think. I'm looking forward to see how things are in a couple of years time. If it's a mess and he doesn't deliver on his promises then the US will know not to vote for another leader like this again. If he does deliver, well I guess we may be in trouble.

Like the wall, where 1250 miles of it would have to be built in the middle of the Rio Grands River.  If you build it on the US side you woiuld cut off the use of the river for US citizens for recre3ation, commerce and irrigation of the fertile land!

Absolutely hilarious the idiotic Dems sitting on their hands like a bunch of spoiled brats.

Agree Luckysilk.....great speech.

And just as the dems sat on their hands looking like they'd sucked on a bag of lemons, there are the TV dems who refused to watch, but still pass judgement. Laughable!!

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Reading the comments is funny.  Not one comment about an actual policy, just more bashing from "the tolerant" left.  He is made out to be this evil creature.  Racist, homophobic, xenophobic, etc.  Which is funny because he is further to the left on many of these issues than Obama was when he took office.  

Trump

Trump was a Democrat for most of his adult life.  So get over it and stop making him out to be a boogie man.  Hillary was a seriously flawed candidate and lost.  

Oh, we forgot he is racist because he wants to build a wall on the southern boarder.  This is also funny because.... wait for it......

Mexico has a wall on its southern boarder!

Also, guess who else supported a southern "fence" not too long...

And just for fun, for all the Bill Clinton lovers in the audience, please enjoy

Edited by yourauntbob

10 hours ago, Opl said:

FactChecking Trump’s State of the Union

"The president exaggerates his accomplishments in his address to Congress. President Donald Trump’s first State of the Union address was filled with several repeat claims about the economy, tax cuts and immigration that we’ve fact-checked before, as well as new false and misleading statements on auto plants, judicial appointments and development aid."

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/01/factchecking-trumps-state-union/

Problem is people don't care. Some do, but not enough.

The wall is useless and costs a lot of money. That's why thinking people don't want it anymore.

And how the heck do I remove those videos from my post.

Edited by Rimmer
Videos removed

3 hours ago, stevenl said:

The wall is useless and costs a lot of money. That's why thinking people don't want it anymore.

And how the heck do I remove those videos from my post.

Then why do so many countries erect them?   Israel put one up and saw a plunge in terror attacks.   Mexico put one up and say illegal crossings go down.   Better yet,  tell that the the North Korean's who want to defect.   Walls work which is why they have been used since the stone ages.  The overall cost of the wall is a fraction of a percent of government spending.   If spending is the concern there are plenty of ways to cut it. 

Day after SOTU calling for bipartisan cooperation Trump Administration  announces a policy which will not receive bipartisan cooperation - LOL

The Trump administration has made it very clear that it is pro fossil fuels and has little interest in pushing programs the promote renewable energy. Now, the Washington Post reports that the president's proposed 2019 budget slashes funds for Energy Department programs focused on energy efficiency. While the proposal is just a jumping off point, the fact that it seeks to cut such funding by 72 percent underscores where the administration's interests lie and in which direction its policies will continue to go.

11 hours ago, alien365 said:

Trump is a daily danger to the US.  Just yesterday, he cut out the hearts of two beautiful large parks in Utah.  Now, a bunch of his gun-hugging redneck fans can go there, co-opt 20 acres for each member of their in-bred families ($150/yr for each 20 acre tract), and guard them with loaded guns.  Any hikers wanting to experience the beauty of the wild west - may now get gunshots whizzing by their heads.  Each hour Trump is in the WH is another hour he can debilitate the US and harm its people.  

2 hours ago, yourauntbob said:

Then why do so many countries erect them?   Israel put one up and saw a plunge in terror attacks.   Mexico put one up and say illegal crossings go down.   Better yet,  tell that the the North Korean's who want to defect.   Walls work which is why they have been used since the stone ages.  The overall cost of the wall is a fraction of a percent of government spending.   If spending is the concern there are plenty of ways to cut it. 

Walls don't work more often than they work.  Look at the biggest wall:  The Great Wall of China.  It didn't work for 5 minutes, and it's said 'a man died for each brick in that wall.'

The price of the wall keeps going up several billion dollars, each time Trump mentions it. It's gone from 'around 5 billion' to somewhere in the lower twenties.  The real cost is in the 30 billion range, and that doesn't count maintenance and manning it, which together cost more than the original cost of construction.

The wall isn't needed.  Ask the border guards.  Ask the coyotes (who get paid to sneak people over).  If Mexicans want to sneak into the US, the wall isn't going to make much difference.  Every day, Mexicans and Chinese and Australians and Malaysians and Nepalis and Czecks (name any country) fly to the US on planes, and overstay their visas.

....and saying he'll 'make Mexico pay for it.'   Is like telling a group of little kids, each morning, "Ok kids, today we'll all go visit the zoo, would you like that?!"  .....knowing you'll never go You say it just to get the kids to smile and like you.   I use 'little kids' in the analogy, because Trump's fans are on an immature thinking level.  They actually believe any hogwash the snake oil salesman siphons down their throats.  

And now there's the Nunes  memo!  A memo that was introduced by the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee a few days after Nunes made a midnight run to the White house.  The GOP passed it for release and sent it to Trump but Nunes revised the original memo before it was sent so no one that approved it actually knows what it says.  Both Trump and Kelly say that it will be released soon, as soon as tomorrow.,  Nunes admits that he never saw the supporting documentation and refuses to answer when questioned if he got the memo  from the White House.  It was most likely written by Stephen Miller and proof read by Kelly.

Mueller should immediately subpoena Nunes and the staff that supposedly wrote it and the House should begin an investigation by the ethics committee and immediately remove Nunes from the chair of the intelligence committee and expel him from the House if the facts are proven.  This is really getting out of hand and Trump's management by chaos is in full swing!