Video: Twenty five beach hookers rounded up by Pattaya police in "action against the sex trade"

snoop1130

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Get Real said:

By looking at the picture, thoose ain´t the most beautiful buch of women I´ve seen this month.

Looks like their great career is over for a most them.

But, apart from one and one profile, you can't see them.  You have a great imagination when it comes to assessing other's appearances, don't you.  How about posting a picture of yourself?

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

for the crime of "wandering about".

Reminds me of the old Constable Savage sketch. Other charges no doubt include:

"Loitering with intent to use a pedestrian crossing"
"Smelling of foreign food" 

"Coughing without due care and attention" 
"Walking in a loud dress in a built up area during the hours of darkness" 

8 hours ago, Get Real said:

By looking at the picture, thoose ain´t the most beautiful buch of women I´ve seen this month.

Looks like their great career is over for a most them.

which is why they are walking the streets........most are beyond prime Thai girl pickings, and only drunks or cheap charlie South Asians will take them.

2 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

Reminds me of the old Constable Savage sketch. Other charges no doubt include:

"Loitering with intent to use a pedestrian crossing"
"Smelling of foreign food"

"Coughing without due care and attention" 
"Walking in a loud dress in a built up area during the hours of darkness"

And some could possibly be charged with " Carrying a soft concealed weapon "

3 hours ago, Just Weird said:

But, apart from one and one profile, you can't see them.  You have a great imagination when it comes to assessing other's appearances, don't you. 

You can see enough of them to know that anyone paying to have sex with them has some serious problems which ought to addressed sharpish. If you can't get someone at that level of attractiveness to sleep with you without paying them, then you must have some God-awful personal issues.

....for the crime of "wandering about". 

Haha...you have to be kidding me. There will be one for "loitering with intent", "Aggressively breathing too much air" or "looking suspicious" etc. soon. Give me a break.

Edited by Sir Dude

Wandering around 555 yes in old days the do but not anymore this street ladies just standing or sitting waiting for costumers 

Police only crack down on this because beerbar not make any money because all farang also sit on beach 

No money in beerbar no money to police 

But to police start fight the real crimes na 

I got curious if it's really possible to get fined for "wandering about"
The Thai word they use is เตร็ดเตร่ this can mean "wandering" but in this context, and usually when related to a fine the correct translation would be "loitering"
I was not able to find the law, but some other sources were talking about this too, and it seems 1000thb is the maximum fine for this.
Let's see when the police gets the idea to fine people who sit at the beach [emoji6]

'Loitering' or 'Lurking'?

21 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Has the image of Pattaya been improved with this ? 

Noooooooooooooo !

Never mind the sewage and feces in the sea, the disappearing beach, garbage everywhere, the pollution not last from all the tour buses, the clogged drainage systems causing flooding, and the sickening smell in South Pattaya (markets, corner of Walking Street...) The one thing tarnishing Pattaya's reputation, are a few lasses hanging out at 'Coconut Bar' at 1 a.m. :shock1:

Edited by StayinThailand2much

Surely this  should  be seen as an infringement of  Thai citizen  rights?

A  Thai who wandering  about  on a  public  beach is  arrested .....?

If  "wandering" is against the  law  then  the hookers  should  wear  signs  stating  their  intent ! That way  they can prove  purposeful presence instead of  wandering !

I suspect  someone  has  paid a  premium to have some  competition  removed !  lol

7 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Surely this  should  be seen as an infringement of  Thai citizen  rights?

A  Thai who wandering  about  on a  public  beach is  arrested .....?

Not to mention where it ends. What if the cops see you as a tourist 'loitering and lurking' on Beach Road at 1 a.m., talking to a local lass? Off to the cop shop and fined 5,000 baht; not a matter of 'if' but 'when'...

Anyway, they're not winning me back as a tourist like that. I cherish the memories of my Pattaya trips 2000-2016, but feeling no desire to vacation there again.

Edited by StayinThailand2much

Surely grounds for a defamation case here.  These girls were arrested for Loitering / Wandering yet the article states they are prostitutes without any evidence at all.  OK being female and in some parts of Pattaya may make it extremely likely but still not conclusive. .  If there was proof of prostitution that is what they would be charged with.

If they're charged it's most likely to be with soliciting for the purposes of prostitution.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Not to mention where it ends. What if the cops see you as a tourist 'loitering and lurking' on Beach Road at 1 a.m., talking to a local lass? Off to the cop shop and fined 5,000 baht; not a matter of 'if' but 'when'...

Anyway, they're not winning me back as a tourist like that. I cherish the memories of my Pattaya trips 2000-2016, but feeling no desire to vacation there again.

Hmmm. I  can understand  your attitude  with respect  of  Pattaya.

But...  Pattaya is  not  Thailand. I  have  not  been near  it  in  the   last  10  years. lol

7 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

My point was that apart from one and a bit you cannot see any of them! 

You need better glasses and/or better attention. Though if you're planning on spending your time with one of those women, probably best to stick with what you've got at the moment.