Video: Dramatic moment as pick-up overturns after oncoming car refuses to pull in

webfact

4 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

I too showed my TW the very same screen shot.  She has a licence and just drove home from Lotus but she is a very nervous driver.  If this had happened to her she would never want to drive or ride her scooter again. By the by.  We had lunch looking out over a road earlier and nearly everone walking past were looking at their little screens , I think like someone posted above it has become an addiction , how many out there drive looking at their phone things , I see many on scooters doing it every day ?

I afraid dear fellow your wife  should NOT be driving. A very nervous driver is an incompetent one and having been driving and riding here for 10+ years, i've seen some incredibly dangerous moves from very nervous drivers not to mention the fact that many idiotic passing moves are because of some very nervous incompetent driver...Im sorry but shes part of the problem here..

• Like 1

12 hours ago, leeneeds said:

This would not have happened if the pick up driver flashed his lights,

oh how stupid of him,

good god .... what are you drinking ? ...pass it on , give us a hit , we are interested what it is like to be you .

• Sad 1

...."Nong Ya Sai police said that the accident happened on the U-Thong - Dan Chang Road in their jurisdiction on Tuesday at 1.30pm.

They warned the public about driving fast especially on two lane roads such as this....."

So according to numpty police it was driving too fast that caused the accident...oooh right I got it...I must remember that advice next time someone is coming at me head on and I have nowhere to go except into a line of trees....

• Like 2

I have more than 200.000 Km driving experience in LOS...Yesterday it happened: accident with motorcycle moron driver.

Every day on the road I see idiots driving Van's, motorcycles and pick-ups...But it will never change...Thai are idiots on the roads now and for ever...Just keep it in mind...Think pro-active, because they don't think, never ever! But they are again NR.1 in most deathly accidents and injureds in the world...Wow!  NR 1 again....

You have an extremely high rate of teenage pregnancy in Thailand by unintelligent kids. Then you have the older Thais  killing each other off on Road Warrior type crashes like this one. 

The dumbing down of Thai people's average IQ keeps going down towards 70. The only thing that is keeping Thailand's average IQ over 70 are all of the old English and Australian chaps who are having babies with the most worn out old slappers Thailand has to offer. So, good on them for doing their part.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, webfact said:

Police are investigating and using the dash cam footage.

This sums up Thailand in one sentence.

Give this video along with the pictures of the vehicles after the collision to any police officer in the USA.  There won't be an "investigation" as there is nothing "unclear" or "confusing" about the collision.  The recorded footage eliminated all need for investigation.

Except to investigate who the driver of the white pickup who crossed the line is RELATED TO. :(

11 hours ago, smedly said:

actually you are wrong, what he did was exactly the correct thing to do - he tried to keep maximum control of his vehicle and steer out of the way, when you apply the brake you are no longer in full control and this accident could have been a lot worse maybe even a head on event, remember he was not expecting the overtaking vehicle to continue coming towards him  - he got the best possible outcome he could have hoped for.....no one died.

Totally silly.   When you use brakes you lose some level of control?   Remind me to never ride in any vehicle you are driving.   :smile:

Yes, if you are a totally inept driver, if you brake severely compounded by some drastic wheel jerks....you are likely to to lose control. (which you probably never had much of to start with).

:ph34r:

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, chaihot said:

This sums up Thailand in one sentence.

Give this video along with the pictures of the vehicles after the collision to any police officer in the USA.  There won't be an "investigation" as there is nothing "unclear" or "confusing" about the collision.  The recorded footage eliminated all need for investigation.

Exactly.

Thai police officers are like the dumb children in your math class in the 3rd grade.

They won't do the work required because it is too difficult for them, and they are lazy and stupid.

2 hours ago, petesc55 said:

Totally silly.   When you use brakes you lose some level of control?   Remind me to never ride in any vehicle you are driving.   :smile:

Yes, if you are a totally inept driver, if you brake severely compounded by some drastic wheel jerks....you are likely to to lose control. (which you probably never had much of to start with).

well that is the simplistic view of someone that really has no idea at all, I won't go into my professional training and experience over many years - but hey be safe out there, you seem to have made it this far which I think is a big bonus for you

23 hours ago, leeneeds said:

This would not have happened if the pick up driver flashed his lights,

oh how stupid of him,

Yeah dont you love it? You are doing a U turn and the driver speeding i mean speeding in city area flashes his lights at you Very nice of them dont you think? Bloody morons speeding in a city area puts a lot of lives at risk including mine

17 hours ago, smedly said:

either drunk or on facebook or both, I can think of no other rational reason for this, the vehicle he was overtaking was also off the road so there was plenty of room

I honestly believe that Mobile Phone use is the number one cause of accidents in this country, drunk driving, careless driving and speeding come after in any order you like or a combination of all of them, the ultimate blame is lack of the police's ability or willingness to enforce traffic law

the driver may have fallen asleep. That is the only other possible reason I can think of for the continuous drifting towards the other truck.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2018 at 5:36 AM, gunderhill said:

Totally missed  the point, I wouldn't take any advice from the Police here, surely  the point is don't overtake into oncoming traffic, not only that but when the morons do overtake they overtake like tortoises, just  like they pull out of U turns like tortoises.

I think there is more chance of a tortoise looking first.

4 hours ago, smedly said:

well that is the simplistic view of someone that really has no idea at all, I won't go into my professional training and experience over many years - but hey be safe out there, you seem to have made it this far which I think is a big bonus for you

Yeah, I've been mostly lucky for the last 4 million miles.   

12 hours ago, digger70 said:

No need to investigate this ,,,One can seen Clear who's Wrong,,, But then ,this is Thailand ,,,,,,who's gonna pay the most?,,,,,

There is EVERY need to do a proper RTI investigation. Unfortunately neither the police or anyone else seems to be trained to do this.

7 hours ago, petesc55 said:

You clearly aren't aware of the research around ABS and other brake system developments.

Or of the shock absorption characteristics in relation to speed in crashes.

22 minutes ago, ray23 said:

This happen all the time when riding a bike, but, you can out of the way. You might note the vehicle being passed had moved over and left room for the passing car. Yep stupid does apply

Yes it is common practice for the "3rd" vehicle to move over. This is why this collision is in an unusual circumstance. It would appear for one reason or another's driver isn't in control of the white vehicle.Why is a matter for speculation or in the case of some experts, assumption.

• Like 2