Thailand keeps hunting for 8,000-plus overstaying foreigners

webfact

On 01/02/2018 at 12:19 PM, possum1931 said:

I do not agree with you about the Phitsanulok office, one officer there accused me of having a 25 day overstay, it took someone from higher up to sort it out, that same officer even asked me if my wife was working, and I was only there to do a 90 day report on my retirement extension. 

This happened a few years ago and ever since then I have been frightened to do any 90 day reports personally. 

Are you less intimidated by the new Phichit Immigration office when doing 90 day reports? People in there seem pleasant enough.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, siamcrut said:

8000 farang...

and how many Burmese?

It doesn't say 8,000 farang, it says - "Those illegal aliens, mostly of who came from Asia, Africa and Europe",

Edited by simoh1490

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2018 at 2:49 PM, Hotroast said:

Just got stopped at the airport for overstaying by one day.
My visa was 90 days not 3 months as I thought.
Guy I got passed on to was really friendly and understanding. He just
explained the propper time limit, stamped my passport and wished me a pleasant journey.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You didn't get a fine for that? How nice.

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 4:19 PM, webfact said:

will not only be arrested but have all their wealth confiscated by the authorities, he said.

Looks like the government is going to miss out big time here with the farang, in many cases the wife / GF has already collected the lions share of the wealth.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Fish Head Soup said:

Issan is a terrible place to hide if you are on overstay. Immigration checks on foreigners are rampant there.

True..

But you are more than likely going to get dobbed in by one of your pension obsessed,European, stasified, mates.They have nothing to do up there all day other than to poke their lugubrious noses into everyone else's business.

• Thanks 1

On 2/1/2018 at 6:24 AM, ezzra said:

Not sure how did they get to that figure,  how do they know who's of the overstays engaged in criminal

and who's not, I'm thinking that this is maybe a ballpark figure and that in reality there are many more

than 8,000 out there.....

Surely they know who has come in and who has exited, it isn't rocket science!

• Like 1