Waiting for the next life! Pattaya beach shut off again

rooster59

45 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Best solution, IMO, is to make a permanent sea wall well out to sea, and fill it with sand to make a wide, permanent beach. I've seen such in England, and people love it, with volley ball courts and such. Could have concerts on it as well.

Should go around the illegal hotel sea wall as well so access can be gained to Naklua beaches. Since the concrete walk way collapsed years ago there is no way to walk around.

Lose the swimming, but no one should be swimming in that sewage anyway.

Is it true that cigarette ends and old plastic make the best foundations for this kind of construction?

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

I think this beach Nourishment program is just as effective as bringing water to the ocean.

Should alleviate the littered beaches problem if there isn't any beach.

Maybe even help get the water off the land after heavy rains.

What is sad is the wasted money on futile efforts.

• 2 weeks later...

My apologies for skipping to the last page but has anyone suggested rounding up the men in high heels that frequently prey on tourists and putting a shovel (instead of a cell phone) in their hands to assist in the excavation project?

A report today on the front page of the BP states that a scheme to restore the whole of Pattaya beach will begin next month. Beach width from Dusit Thani to Walking Street will be increased to 50 metres. The cost is 429 million Baht and the scheme will be done in 10 x 300 metre sections and is scheduled for completion this October. The right type of sand has been found 10km away from Koh Lan at Koh Rangkwian. Dredging will start and barges will transport the sand.