60 Day Visa - Proof of Onward Journey Req'd?

Have the rules changed around 60 day tourist visas with regards to onward journey?

It used to be (circa 2016) that if you had a tourist visa you didn't need to have pre-booked a flight out of the Kingdom. Is that still the case?

I tried calling the consulate multiple times this afternoon during their biz hours 2-5pm, but nobody answered.

Asking as Australian citizen well under 50.

In all the years that I have been coming to Thailand over 20 I have never been asked to show money or an onwards ticket,only airlines at check in want to see a visa or proof that you will visit another country if your return flight is over 30 days.

A return or onward flight is not required to enter the country if you have a valid visa for entry.

Many embassies and consulate want a flight out of the country to apply for a tourist visa.

The embassy in Canberra want a flight out to get a tourist visa. Select Australia here for info. http://canberra.thaiembassy.org/Home/visa

Thanks guys,

The form and price have changed since my last application a while back and sometimes things aren't 100% clear or they're stated as requirements but in reality aren't enforced.

If the Canberra embassy wants it as then I'm presuming it's something new for all applications from Australia (if not other countries as adammike indicates). Damn, the flexibility was useful.

6 minutes ago, CrankyCarrot said:

Damn, the flexibility was useful.

A one way ticket to any nearby country will be accepted. You can find them on a low cost carriers for not a lot of money. Many people get them and toss them if not used.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A one way ticket to any nearby country will be accepted. You can find them on a low cost carriers for not a lot of money. Many people get them and toss them if not used.

Sure, I guess that's the best workaround. So that definitely changed in 2017, right? I'm not imagining things?

Just be careful if you flight with Sri Lankan airlines.. they're very dumb

1. I had a valid visa

2. I had a onward ticket to Cambodia with Air Asia

both of them !!

The check-in desk, asked me that I need also to show flight out of Cambodia.

I said, first one I've valid visa enter to Thailand, so I don't need even to show a onward ticket.

then I've onward ticket... no, he said, you have also to have ticket out of Cambodia, how you can go Cambodia if not have onward ticket from there.. I was so pissed off he doesn't want me to check-in, I make a big scandal in the check-in, finally someone from Sri Lankan kind of manager he came, then after 5 minutes I was check-in, no apologies even from them.

Jetstar 

Well I deal with a few airlines from Auss

I remember one occasion with jet star they demanded to see a return ticket (had a Multi O Visa ) & had to go to the trouble of firing up computer to show them that I had a return ticket with another airline

He got very stroppy when I started quoting the law & insisted it was for my safe return