bangkok bank -

Seanbhoy

3 months ago i went and opened a bank account in Bangkok bank, it took like 20 minutes.

they charged me 100 for ATM card and 200 for account fee, yearly fee.

the card is the most rubbish card, its a rabbit be1st union something, you cant even use it out of the country, you cant use it on the internet.

in the UK, you lose your card, replacement is free, you withdraw from any other bank no fee, any other town in the UK its free, 

so my question is how do i get a bank account with visa DEBIT facilities, i cant find one - 

1 hour ago, Seanbhoy said:

I just thought bangkok bank was the main one, wonder why they don’t.

Obviously because they make more profit with the JCB cards.

You can open a Bank account at Krungsri (it's free, no yearly fee) and take the "Krungsri Debit All ATMs" Visa debit card, that's 480THB for 3 years and you can get money at every ATM in Thailand without any fees. (replacement is 100THB). Other Banks offer similar things, it's just Bangkok Bank that sucks

Bangkok Bank has gone from being a very good bank (myself and others I know used them previously) to being generally dogger. All this has stemmed from their crazy idea of using the Union Pay cards.

I have read many complaints on here, Facebook expat pages etc for about a year or more all moaning about this issue. I have left them.