Isps - Any Good Ones?

ubergnome

:D if and when :D

And affordable :D

I use IPTV and still am hugely satisfied with it (eventhough it's Loxinfo!)

You have to get it up and running decently first, and that is a bit challenging, considering the sh**ty customer support they have :o

Only useless when you're a heavy downloader as it's volume based...

:D if and when :D

And affordable :D

I use IPTV and still am hugely satisfied with it (eventhough it's Loxinfo!)

You have to get it up and running decently first, and that is a bit challenging, considering the sh**ty customer support they have :o

Only useless when you're a heavy downloader as it's volume based...

IPTV is sattelite, right? What's the cost of service, and other goodies you need to get it going, all in? How long did it take to get it going? Has it been fairly stable?

Thanks

u

Hi Ubergnome,

http://www.csloxinfo.com/broadband/iptv_en.asp

After ordering (at Wattana in Pattaya) it took about 10 days before they came over and installed the system. Total price 10500 Baht, including your first month.

Monthly fee depends on how heavy a user you are. It is not time based(can leave it on 24 hours) but volume based. The basic package(at 1500/month) includes 750 Mb of download data.

Has never been down yet in 6 months! Speeds always over 200Kbps, often up to 280Kbps.

It still uses a modem for uplink though, you have to connect with either CS or Loxinfo numbers.

Monthly fee depends on how heavy a user you are. It is not time based(can leave it on 24 hours) but volume based. The basic package(at 1500/month) includes 750 Mb of download data.

Remember that this in receive only cost and each additional meg download is 2.5 baht (and they can add up quickly - I am over 4gigs using ADSL this month and only did much downloading a few days and total time of use is less than 180 hours). You must also add phone costs for your outbound modem circuit.

...I've broken the 28k speed barrier: 31.2k, wow. Now if I can just get my speed up. :o

Blimey, that is bad. I presume you are using a 56k modem? If so, you should check the connections and route of the wiring in the house. Even have a look at the wire to the telephone "pole". Only once have I ever got as low as 40kbps.

Hi Lopburi,

As i mentioned before, IPTV is noy suitible for heavy users! I think you would qualify as a heavy one :o

If you used over 4 gigs in 180 hours you averaged 22Mb/hour...

The maximum you would be able to pull through a regular modem is 17Mb in a best case scenario! In Thailand you won't get more then 12 Mb/hour through a modem...This is when you're continous downloading!

It is very true that your surfing and downloading habits change dramatically when you start using faster connections. Things you wouldn't dream of using a modem suddenly become easy and very possible...

Still, on my connection, which is shared between around 7 people we average around 2.5 gigs per month at a cost of 5500 Baht...(3000 Baht for the 1500Mb package plus 2500 for the 1000 Megs extra)

Remember, this system is just a possibility for people living in places where there simply is no alternative! At least we get the promised speed. Always!

Something odd has happened three times in the last week - my ISP has forgotten to cut me off after the maximum session time of 3 hours :o The first time I stayed on for 6 hours, the second time for about 5 hours and right now I've been on for 3 hours 22 minutes. Normally I get cut off after exactly 3 hours 10 seconds. Strange.