Brit in tears after early morning collision kills motorcycle taxi rider, injures passenger in Pattaya

snoop1130

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Chaichara said:

Who said they had driving licences? I didn't. And in  my  post  about  the accident  I  had in an Isan village some years ago, I  didn't  mention it  either.  The police didn't  even bring  it  up at  the interview either, or the fact  that  the motorcycle was neither taxed nor  insured. The girs were simply  admonished with  a wagging  finger and pinted to  a poster on the police station  wall  about always wewaring  a helmet. If you  live in  this country  you  need to  understand that  whatever the law is, culture and what  is commonplace may  be very different. Primary schoolyards here are full of the children's motorcycles. The  vast majority of motorcyle-car accidents are the fault  of the mortorcyclist.

Ok Then you and i both know  they had no license.Usually they dont give kids that age a license. Not important getting one. Having no license is just a  minor hiccup here.  Then why even have parents? That was the main issue i was bringing up here? You dont seem to get it? It maybe the fault of the motorcyclist for the accident because they should not be riding a bike. They are 10 or 11 years old Since when do 10 or 11 year kids make decisions? Dont you think it would be a better  getting the parents into the cop shop and pointing the dangers out to them by letting there children ride bikes. Also if there is no law well we might as well just go and do what we like. Culture is important but law must come before it. Nowhere in any culture on this planet does it condone Kids riding motor bikes.. Anyway carry on.  Maybe mums and dads need educating but as u pointed out the police  reaction was pointing to posters. How can someone discipline a 11 year kid when you are not even there parents? Honestly in your head do you think those kids would of paid any attention to what the cops said? They would get right back on their bikes and do it again. Maybe next time they wont be so lucky? Ok Carry on I said enough on matter

A profane troll post attacking other members of the forum has been removed also one reply. 

Please stay on topic which is about:

Brit in tears after early morning collision kills motorcycle taxi rider, injures passenger in Pattaya

Thais on motorbikes driving against the flow of traffic are a real curse, especially to pedestrians. Had a few near misses. Nowadays, I tend to act with exagerrated caution - look right and look left. Feel for this guy, Happening at 2:30am - doesn't bode well if he'd been drinking. Personally, I stay away from vehicles when I drink, get the SO to drive. Also she's Thai, so it avoids the screw the Farang syndrome.

7 minutes ago, nausea said:

Thais on motorbikes driving against the flow of traffic are a real curse, especially to pedestrians. Had a few near misses. Nowadays, I tend to act with exagerrated caution - look right and look left. Feel for this guy, Happening at 2:30am - doesn't bode well if he'd been drinking. Personally, I stay away from vehicles when I drink, get the SO to drive. Also she's Thai, so it avoids the screw the Farang syndrome.

im sure if he had been on the pss, it would have been big news by now.  in the photo, it looked to me as he was wearing quite good attire, possibly a chef from a resort? late shift? hopefully he was 0.0,   

its interesting to note your comment, as I travel on MB to fuel station, only a 2 klm, I am bombarded with oncoming MB's coming the wrong way up the high way, but they seem to have an incline to then stay further to the right! Therefor forcing me to be venerable to  the traffic behind me. Me watching them, watching upcoming vehicles , watching the road................................ get fuel, same on the way back.............      No police I have seen on that route in Hat Yai for the past 10 years applying any sort of penalties, apart from when a dignitary was being transferred from HY airport to Pattani or Yalla. 

On 2/7/2018 at 3:09 PM, NanLaew said:

Strange that compassion has him weeping over the bike driver while the bike passenger lies splattered nearby. No word if she died either but maybe the sorrowful Brit didn't see her for some reason or other.

Do you expect him to do relays between the two so that you can be suitably assured of his remorse?

On 08/02/2018 at 12:17 AM, Air Smiles said:

Even if bike driving the wrong way up the hill(perfectly normal in thailand) he couldn't have been travelling that quickly, the truck driver might not be entirely blameless, that looks like a straight piece of road in the picture and early hours so low traffic,  ...the truck may have been speeding and not paying attention to what was in front.

Or maybe a dead dog ran across the road and distracted the drivers. I think we have covered all possibilities now.:smile:

Archived