Bodybuilding French dance teacher found dead in Pattaya condo

snoop1130

8 hours ago, harrycallahan said:

None of those named things are drugs they are supplements you can buy off the shelf in any western health shop.  

The first thing to do is check the authenticity of the drugs/supplements found.  So many fake or so called "generic" drugs in Thailand and some are dangerous to use.  Even experienced professionals can be caught out in the land of scams.

11 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

No, it can't cause heart failure.

Creatine "naturally occurs" in meat and has never been shown to cause heart failures.

Don't listen to random people telling you random BS.

Think I would be more inclined to listen to someone advising not to take something than someone saying it is OK particularly if I did not know their qualifications for making such a statement.

58 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Think I would be more inclined to listen to someone advising not to take something than someone saying it is OK particularly if I did not know their qualifications for making such a statement.

Grocery shopping will be fun with you when you figure out you can find an argument against consuming almost everything and you always end up with an empty trolley at the end of your shopping.

No dairy, no sugar, no meat, no eggs, no grains, no coloring agents, no preservatives, no veggies as they may be polluted...

Guess only beer is allowed for some reason?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

That's not what the medical fraternity says:

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/263269.php

I am not and never have been a body builder but I am interested in using supplements to try and optimise health and well being. So I was interested in following the link to see what it said. With regard to heart failure it didn't so much sit on the fence as drop down on both sides. On the one hand it said a creatine deficiency could cause heart failure and then later said that creatine at higher doses might cause heart disease. Interesting but not that helpful.

8 hours ago, smotherb said:

Watched a buddy of mine die from a massive heart attack. He was 51 and always watched his weight, what he ate and drank, and did not smoke. He exercised regularly; you could not pinch an inch of fat on him. I attended his funeral with a 70 year old friend who was over 300 pounds, always ate, drank and smoked too much, never exercised and he is still alive today at 87. Go figure.

I hear ya, maybe we all have preordained timers in our genetic code set from the factory. Who knows.

I lost several friends in their 40's & 50's to different cancers. One thing they had in common was they drank a lot. All but one were heavy smokers. Also knew a guy who survived a heart attack in his mid 20's, that was weird. 

Kudos to your buddy at 87!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

Creatine "naturally occurs" in meat and has never been shown to cause heart failures.

My younger brother died 37 with no medical record of heart problems of an instant cardiac arrest. scores of people die of 'un -announced' heart attacks, supplements or not, his lifestyle puts him in the danger zone as steroids , not mentioned here, are freely available in any pharmacy , and they CAN cause hart failure. RIP

Edited by hgma

22 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

"At recommended doses, creatine is considered "likely safe" to consume. Supplements may be safe for most people, in small amounts, but it is always better to get nutrients from natural sources. In high doses, it is "possibly safe." It is expected that it could affect the liver, kidneys, or heart, although these effects have not been proven."

From the article. Seems to be in line with what Bob12345 posted. Suspected, perhaps, possible, but not proven.

As with all things moderation rather than excess.

I considered using Creatine as a weight lifting supplement but I got a full and complete blood test from doctors office and found out I had the maximum amount on the scale already in my body.  

I see lots of weight lifters bolting this and that and the other magic powder at the gym everyday.  None of them knows if they have enough or even too much of a particular substance in their  body.  They seem to think if they can still swallow they need more.

I use a number of supplements and a TRT testosterone and hormone replacement package and some sports injections in cooperation with a good clinic that does regular blood measurements to make sure I am not shooting way past the end of the safe scales for these additional things I am adding to my body.  I am 61 so its more a getting enough back in me to make the gym worthwhile than building up a huge bod.

I did see a discussion on youtube of a young bodybuilders autoposy.  He had 54 times the top of the human scale of testosterone in his body!   He looked great but his heart gave out at 26.  No responsible doctor anywhere in the world would let someone take drugs in that dosage.

Just thought gym goers you might want a full blood panel and might want to know if you have max'd your supplements.  I would concur with most others that Creatine didn't do this to him at all.  It is a legal health food supplements in the USA and I see people swallowing scoop loads in water and fruit juice at the gym.  

It may just have been his heart.  You wonder if he had blood pressure measured, cholesterol etc.  Just the normal stuff you should do at the docs.  The normal stuff lots of guys just don't do! 

RIP.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

Nonsense, creatine happening to naturally occur in meat says exactly nothing about the effect from consuming artificially made creatine in massive amounts, so that is worthless info. 

As creatine has been shown to cause heart palpitations and an increase in blood pressure it is also clear that you haven't the first idea what you are talking about. 

All people considering using creatine as a supplement are advised to have blood work done first, no one with a history of high blood pressure or kidney disease should take it and no one should take it for longer than recommended.

Exactly get a few blood test and know if your body even needs a supplement.   The test are cheap so you might save money as supplements in this country are many $$$$$ more than most others.  Now illegal steriods are cheap here.  LOL.  ROFL.

3 minutes ago, dontoearth said:

Exactly get a few blood test and know if your body even needs a supplement.   The test are cheap so you might save money as supplements in this country are many $$$$$ more than most others.  Now illegal steriods are cheap here.  LOL.  ROFL.

Anyone taking any of these supplements should get the blood work done to determine if they are suitable, but if they were to discover that their creatine levels were low, the treatment would not be to simply take a creatine supplement.

16 hours ago, dunroaming said:

The first thing to do is check the authenticity of the drugs/supplements found.  So many fake or so called "generic" drugs in Thailand and some are dangerous to use.  Even experienced professionals can be caught out in the land of scams.

I noticed in the pic that those bottles all looked like DIY mixes.  This is never a good idea.

12 hours ago, Expatwannabee said:

I am not and never have been a body builder but I am interested in using supplements to try and optimise health and well being. So I was interested in following the link to see what it said. With regard to heart failure it didn't so much sit on the fence as drop down on both sides. On the one hand it said a creatine deficiency could cause heart failure and then later said that creatine at higher doses might cause heart disease. Interesting but not that helpful.

The article was written by Dr. Waffle.  I have followed his work closely!  He is for/against denies/affirms almost any point of view.  I usually try to find pubmed sources where an actual study was performed in detail to the rigors of science.  It is hard to find those with vitamins and supplements and foods as big pharma is flooding the market with 'good studies'.  

On 2/8/2018 at 10:01 AM, Jingjock said:

I know two body builders in Pattaya taking steroids, one has passed away, the other 2 heart attacks, beware of steroids just to look good.

yes it will probably come out of autopsy that he overdosed on the substance these people probably  dont read the instructions they just think about getting big muscles and then they end up probably as a dead dance teacher from france or wherever they come from 

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 7:22 AM, Bob12345 said:

Lucky there are no "random people telling random BS" on Thaivisa!

• Haha 1

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 10:49 AM, Monkeyrobot said:

I don’t see how this is news , people dye all the time and if it where me I would not want my details splashed over social media. 

I can't remember one report of anyone dyeing, ever.  Perhaps because dyeing is an activity that is of no interest to anyone.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 11:15 AM, Brunolem said:

You are right, but those who select the "top stories" appear to have a strong bias in favor of news items (car accidents, police arrests, deaths and suicides, no smoking areas...).

Maybe they were working for the Sun, or some other tabloid, before joining TVF...

They become top stories only because of the response of Thaivisa members by way of comments that make Thaivisa money through advertising, so it is Thaivisa members that have the strong bias in favour of those kinds of reports.

Edited by Just Weird
  • Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 11:41 AM, dcsw53 said:

Why does this even rank as news.

54 year old found dead in bed.

RIP to him, but with respect to him, so what ?

Remember the Jaws actor Robert Shaw ? Avid gym goer, died at 51

So this report doesn't rank as news in your mind but your report about a 51year-old who died does deserve a mention by you?  How does that work then?

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

They become top stories only because of the response of Thaivisa members by way of comments that make Thaivisa money through advertising, so it is Thaivisa members that have the strong bias in favour of those kinds of reports.

This is also true.

The combination of supply and demand in search of lower common ground is often called the search for the lowest common denominator, or the race to the bottom.

It happened in slow motion with television, and it is now happening in fast motion with the internet and almost everything else, from cooking to music to clothing to banking to education to...