Chinese tourists flocking to Pattaya for transgender shows, Thai food, property – but not for sex

rooster59

2 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

I hope you have working visa but I still don't believe you about they buy condo's 

The Mainland Chinese economy has been expanding a minimum of 8% per year since the 1980 economic reform.

3MB = 100,000USD  is small money for the 3% Chinese population who is lucky enough to have the money. 

The wealthier ones do not buy in third world countries such as Thailand, they buy in other more developed countries.

1 hour ago, Johnnyngai said:

The Mainland Chinese economy has been expanding a minimum of 8% per year since the 1980 economic reform.

3MB = 100,000USD  is small money for the 3% Chinese population who is lucky enough to have the money. 

The wealthier ones do not buy in third world countries such as Thailand, they buy in other more developed countries.

yes, a lot buy where their siblings attend overseas educational establishments but chinese also band together with friends and relatives and pool their money to buy.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, brucec64 said:

2pm on Pattaya Beach, and all the FITs have just independently finished their tours of Koh Larn and are independently getting into the same bus.

20180210_135308.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Looks very busy all 50 of them and the beach empty, the Chinese must be having a nap then

7 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

I hope you have working visa but I still don't believe you about they buy condo's 

I suspect you might be of the generation, as am I, that grew up with mothers telling their children to eat their food because there are starving children in China.  Now, here I am telling you that some Chinese are not only no longer poor but they can afford to buy condos in Pattaya. 

And, the Chinese buyers I have had were not retirees but couples in their 30s and 40s--young professionals with good jobs.  The Chinese buyers who have come to look but didn't buy have also fit this profile with also some single buyers.  I recently had a Chinese buyer look at a condo I have for sale--he liked it but he had a 10MB budget and wanted something bigger.  So, believe it or don't believe it.  And, they are also starting to buy houses.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Johnnyngai said:

Yep, there's wealth and then there's wealth. There's also convenience.

“For rich Chinese, London and North America are good places for their kids to study, so they buy there, but for retirement they are too far away,” Ding says. “If they come to Pattaya it is only a few hours’ flight and the prices here are not expensive. It’s cheap compared with other big cities.”

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JSixpack said:

Well, you can keep your head stuck in the sand if you want to. Now according to the article,

Kevin Ding, a native of China’s Shanxi province, moved to Pattaya eight years ago to set up an online real estate agency targeting the Chinese market. Last year his company, Skyren Group, opened an office on Pattaya Beach Road, across from the landmark Dusit Thani Pattaya hotel and next to the equally upmarket Amari hotel. . . . “The Chinese are now buying,” agrees Mark Bowling, a partner at Pattaya Realty. He explains that Chinese buyers have purchased a third of the units available at a new 500-unit condominium project in Pattaya built by SC Asset, a leading Thai developer.

Seems quite consistent w/ what other posters have been saying and makes perfect sense.

This can just be business company  for rent out to tour groups

And 160 unit are nothing they still coming in big groups over 10 millions na

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Henrik Andersen said:

This can just be business company  for rent out to tour groups

Or, maybe not. Besides, a Chinese buyer is a Chinese buyer, pal.

And 160 unit are nothing

In ONE project that's quite a lot. What about all the others? You've got the numbers, of course.

they still coming in big groups over 10 millions na

Exactly! You're making progress.

• Like 1

When a Chinese or Thai say "Farang", they mean all from US, Europe, Australia, Russia etc....and when a Farang say "Chinese", they mean Chinese from China, HongKong, Macau, Taiwan, Malaysia, Singapore etc because both Farang and Chinese can't tell a diff of each others. :tongue:

Most Chinese from China came to Thailand for holiday are with family, some Chinese from Macau, Taiwan, HKG, Malaysia & SIngapore do come for sex........

Property price in main cities of China (Beijin, SHanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen etc) are 5 to 10 times more expensive compare to Thailand, so when they come over for holiday and realise properties are sooooo cheap and they can buy within the 49% quota, sure you can see a lot of investment from mainland Chinese........

Ladyboy show........yes, this is something not seen in their country, so is just make sense for them to enjoy the "show". As for sex, Chinese prefer the white smooth skin and sex is cheap (some places not all) in China, so looking for sex is not part of their plan unlike Farang whereby sex is more expensive in their home country and they prefer darker skin Thai.

• Like 1

I mentioned in another thread all this is just the beginning of their presence.

Property in Central and I bet Nakula ( with T21, etc. coming) will be good investments over the next 5 to 7 years.

As far as sex I get the impression the males are very feminine acting.  I do not see many at the venues I visit.  I know some talk about Sabaidee, etc. ( mostly older)

Probably nowadays Facebook and the internet are priorities over a boom.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Sir Dude said:

The whole of Thailand will be overrun with Chinese tourists etc. in the next 10 years....sounds ghastly to be honest.

:laugh: hahaha..maybe to you, but not to them.

If there's one lesson in life....accept reality and don't fight it, but adapt.

35 minutes ago, LaoPo said:

:laugh: hahaha..maybe to you, but not to them.

If there's one lesson in life....accept reality and don't fight it, but adapt.

That (my comment) was merely an observation one tbh with mild opinion. However, I can't help but observe that you have made over 13k posts and only have less than 300 up-votes...very telling really about your comments and what everyone on TV thinks of them. Pfft!

Edited by Sir Dude

On 10/02/2018 at 12:41 PM, trainman34014 said:

Plenty of cheap sex available in China, so why would they want to buy it in Sleazeland ?

Good point. I suppose they come for the spectacle. I imagine Thailand for the Chinese is pretty much like Blackpool, or the Costa del Sol, was for the British. 

3 hours ago, Sir Dude said:

That (my comment) was merely an observation one tbh with mild opinion. However, I can't help but observe that you have made over 13k posts and only have less than 300 up-votes...very telling really about your comments and what everyone on TV thinks of them. Pfft!

I've been away for quite a number of years and I'm not asking for up-votes, just giving my observations.

I'm also not here to find popularity, I deliver facts; You just delivered an (almost) racist opinion that you find it "ghastly" that there will come more and more tourists from a certain country, China in this case.

I wonder who gives you the right to speak that way? Is your country better?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

I have no problem with Chinese coming to Thailand I just worry about it will bring to mush pollution and that will bring Thailand to their knees 

Pollution is a fact of life INSIDE Thailand/Asia and not imported by other nations.

Education for a better environment and clean world starts in schools and at home.

If kids see their parent throw away plastic and rubbish like you see in all Asian countries they think its normal and do it the same way.

Education is the word, not nations or pointing fingers towards other countries.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nausea said:

Good point. I suppose they come for the spectacle. I imagine Thailand for the Chinese is pretty much like Blackpool, or the Costa del Sol, was for the British. 

Sorry, but your imagination is not correct.

Chinese do NOT come for the "Blackpool or "Costa Del Sol" type of tourism since they are not the typical beach- or sex  tourists you have in mind.

They are more into the cultural sides of Thailand and yes, Ladyboy shows belong to that "sight seeing" :laugh:

You hardly see any Chinese tourists, lying on a beach, trying to get sunburned :wink:

1 hour ago, LaoPo said:

Pollution is a fact of life INSIDE Thailand/Asia and not imported by other nations.

Education for a better environment and clean world starts in schools and at home.

If kids see their parent throw away plastic and rubbish like you see in all Asian countries they think its normal and do it the same way.

Education is the word, not nations or pointing fingers towards other countries.

Wrong pollution come more and more  to Thailand because Chinese sit in busses if 10 millions of Chinese sit in busses and mostly old bus with no filter it will ofcores increase the pollution 

On 2/10/2018 at 8:52 PM, shy coconut said:

Beach road at 2:00pm?

I've not seen it look that quiet before, and one bus is not really

indicative of an invasion.

Try North Pattaya / Naklua where all the buses are lining up . I agree there are individual Chinese travellers here as well , but I have not spotted them yet , I only see them in big groups.....

Btw , regarding Tiffany Show, big groups of Chinese are also lining up there, I think they buy the tickets from the travel agent in China and I have seen promotions up to 50% for tour groups. 

Edited by balo

On 2/10/2018 at 2:01 PM, Jingthing said:

to brucec64

Dude, nobody said there aren't plenty of Chinese on tours. The point is, and it is totally TRUE, is that more and more Chinese are arriving here independently. And, yes, many of them spend lots and lots of money. 

Next ... 

Yes some spend big on their 3 day tour in LOS!

3 hours ago, balo said:

Try North Pattaya / Naklua where all the buses are lining up . I agree there are individual Chinese travellers here as well , but I have not spotted them yet , I only see them in big groups.....

Btw , regarding Tiffany Show, big groups of Chinese are also lining up there, I think they buy the tickets from the travel agent in China and I have seen promotions up to 50% for tour groups. 

I agree.  It still seems to be 90%+ tour groups and some individuals.

There is no rule that they cannot venture out alone from their tour groups, which I think is sometimes the case.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Wrong pollution come more and more  to Thailand because Chinese sit in busses if 10 millions of Chinese sit in busses and mostly old bus with no filter it will ofcores increase the pollution 

Umm.  I think you just made LaoPo's point.  Why are they riding around in old polluting buses with no filters?  Because the Thai government allows it.  So, an inside problem, as LaoPo has said.  I read recently that the city of Shenzhen in China was switching to all electric buses.  No reason that Thailand couldn't do the same--and also ban things like plastic bags and take other steps to reduce garbage and pollution.  That's one of government's jobs--and an important one.