Australian man killed in brutal Pattaya bar fight identified, American attacker in custody

webfact

3 hours ago, Fish Head Soup said:

Was it also 'self defense' when the American attacked a farang in a Starbucks coffee shop the previous day too? A very violent assault by all accounts, and the American was shouting about coming back the following day to finish it. Has the victim come forward to police?

Same guy?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

So what we have here is a massive failure by the Thai authorities to sort and deny lunatics into Thailand

The place is full of maniacs who seem to love to head for Pattaya, how these criminals get into Thailand means a serious overhaul of National security and Visa requirements is needed urgently-- weed out the scum .

You are absolutely right. Quality tourists, as desired from TAT. They get criminals, outlaws and do nothing against it, instead of that they harass normal tourists with stupid immigration laws. I prefer today to spend my money in Vietnam, Indonesia, Laos. Forget Thailand.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, FitnessHealthTravel said:

Stomped on his head 10-15 times...what a simple fist flight isn't enough these days?  How we as a society are becoming so desensitized to brutality. Animals we are.  

You are right. 

To come for vacation with so much anger to massacre someone else head? 

In my generation time we could not  hit anyone laying in the ground not even mention to kick... 

This generation is fed on brutal movies where mercy does not exist. 

We have now zombie nation

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FitnessHealthTravel said:

Stomped on his head 10-15 times...what a simple fist flight isn't enough these days?  How we as a society are becoming so desensitized to brutality. Animals we are.  

No Man .. The account of what happened has changed significantly since Fri night and there is another thread on TVF with fresher details of what happened ..

5 minutes ago, Chivas said:

How unbelievably convenient that the CCTV wasnt working. Surprise surprise if a Thai had been murdered it would have presented as working perfectly.

You think the manager is covering it up? Farang named Darren if I recall correctly, call and ask.

Just now, Fish Head Soup said:

You think the manager is covering it up? Farang named Darren if I recall correctly, call and ask.

Who mentioned managers certainly not me !  There are first hand witnesses anyway so he's bang to rights whatever. Does Thai law allow for bar closures in cases like this ??  Would imagine they are history anyway

4 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Who mentioned managers certainly not me !  There are first hand witnesses anyway so he's bang to rights whatever. Does Thai law allow for bar closures in cases like this ??  Would imagine they are history anyway

You said;

How unbelievably convenient that the CCTV wasnt working. Surprise surprise if a Thai had been murdered it would have presented as working perfectly.

Who else is in charge of making sure that the CCTV in the bar is in working order if not the manager of the bar - The bargirls?

1 minute ago, Fish Head Soup said:

You said;

Who else is in charge of making sure that the CCTV in the bar is in working order if not the manager of the bar - The bargirls?

lol why are you defending this fella  ??  I stand by my original statement repeated so you can grasp it. How unbelievably convenient that the cctv wasn't working. 

To answer your point. No it would be entirely the responsibility of the owner to ensure it was working. It wasn't simple as no point you trying to prevaricate otherwise

1 minute ago, Chivas said:

lol why are you defending this fella  ??  I stand by my original statement repeated so you can grasp it. How unbelievably convenient that the cctv wasn't working. 

To answer your point. No it would be entirely the responsibility of the owner to ensure it was working. It wasn't simple as no point you trying to prevaricate otherwise

Defending what fella?

As for the CCTV, of course it is the managers responsibility, and as you were inferring that had it been a Thai that were killed then CCTV would have been available but because it involves a farang the CCTV is not (available). You are saying that the management of the bar concerned is covering it up. Oh and again, what fella am I defending?

3 minutes ago, Fish Head Soup said:

As for the CCTV, of course it is the managers responsibility, and as you were inferring that had it been a Thai that were killed then CCTV would have been available but because it involves a farang the CCTV is not (available). You are saying that the management of the bar concerned is covering it up. 

That sounds about right. Why do you think it isn't being made available? You really think it was broken? 

15 hours ago, FitnessHealthTravel said:

Thus, the <deleted> killing video games & thug worshipping MMA popularity....

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Contrary to popular American opinion, America is not the world police, 

American law covers crimes in or against America. They have no jurisdiction over crimes committed in other countries. People return to their home countries to escape prosecution, then the country extradites them back, the home country doesnt charge them..

It also violates Uzbekistan Law, can they prosecute as well ?

Are you daft?  That is a stupid question.  He is not a Uzbeki citizen.  My goodness how you people go off on tangents.  Sometimes the bad guy catches a break and gets lenient treatment in his home country, say llife imprisonment instead of death penalty, or he gets released due to political favors or whatever.  I make no claims or assertions as to what may happen.  I and a few others have simply pointed out that he could be prosecuted under american law,  or perhaps be extradited to Australia, or he could be tried in Thailand.  The USA is not supposed to agree to extradition if the country has a death penalty possibility. Although they did turn over sadam hussein to be executed.

14 hours ago, Mickster58 said:

and why would any man do that....

It does not matter where you are, you grab a girl by the throat anywhere and you could get stomped.

I wouldn't say he deserved it but he certainly contributed to his demise.  Still a tragedy, I guess.

20 hours ago, sikishrory said:

Ghetto trash would have there face plastered all over Thai and Aussie media with not a worry.

Sometimes faces are shown. Sometimes blurred and this time none at all. Not even a name.

They reported they want to do a thorough investigation before they release details due to the seriousness of the matter, so lets hope that is the case.

I guess I was right then . As I said in an earlier post there is nothing on this planet worse then America’s trash ! They really are the bottom

of the barrel . Let me make it clear I’m not saying Americans but it’s trash . I have seen more and more hood rats every year!! they are far worse then Chinese tour groups or cheap Indians . 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Chivas said:

How unbelievably convenient that the CCTV wasnt working. Surprise surprise if a Thai had been murdered it would have presented as working perfectly. Soi 6 RIP along with the fella concerned

Everyone’s been paid off already . The cctv does not work, a hooker goes with him to say what a hero he was .... this guy is a pro hood rat who knows a simple manslaughter charge carries a couple of years . That’s easy time for a hood rat .  

3 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Are you daft?  That is a stupid question.  He is not a Uzbeki citizen.  My goodness how you people go off on tangents.  Sometimes the bad guy catches a break and gets lenient treatment in his home country, say llife imprisonment instead of death penalty, or he gets released due to political favors or whatever.  I make no claims or assertions as to what may happen.  I and a few others have simply pointed out that he could be prosecuted under american law,  or perhaps be extradited to Australia, or he could be tried in Thailand.  The USA is not supposed to agree to extradition if the country has a death penalty possibility. Although they did turn over sadam hussein to be executed.

Bunch of nonsense. Give us a single example of someone who committed a serious crime like murder IN Thailand who was extradited to another country to be put on trial. Doesn't happen Daffy.

• Thanks 1

What really is twisted is that news of some moron emptying a 9mm into an individual or group over whatever no longer gains much attention. It takes a head stomping, dismembering or gross motorbike accident  get 20+ pages of replies. Think back 30 or 40 years what made "news" and then look at today. Humans certainly are evolving into quite an impressive species!