Marriage Extension Witness Required

21 minutes ago, Eff1n2ret said:

I don't know, but I suspect that the requirement to submit all marriage extensions to Bangkok is their perceived need for a central database to combat bogus marriages. Maybe one day the provinces will be allowed access and input to a central database to avoid the need for the applications to be sent there.

There is no such database. Plus not all application are sent to division 3 in Bangkok. They are also sent to one of the 3 other division headquarters for approval.

It is just a rule that states that a certain rank of officer has to approve the application and there is no officer of that rank at local offices. Same for certain other extension applications and all non immigrant visa applications.

1 hour ago, roobaa01 said:

just to clarify .....1. marriage extension for the first application can require a wittness. 2. the requirement to present a wittness for subsequent marriage extensions applies only to couples without children.

wbr

roobaa01

probably 

2 hours ago, roobaa01 said:

just to clarify .....1. marriage extension for the first application can require a wittness. 2. the requirement to present a wittness for subsequent marriage extensions applies only to couples without children.

This policy, and other aspects of the requirements, varies wildly by office. 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 2/20/2018 at 3:24 PM, JackThompson said:

This policy, and other aspects of the requirements, varies wildly by office. 

Yes, it’s all very laughable how each office and the ‘rules’ they follow change from year to year. Thailand 1.0 at its finest. Have a look at the Jomtien immigration website, where they’re promoting the new corporate vision under Big Joke. One of the statement of values headings is ‘Standardisation.’ Yeah, right...

• Like 2

We should never forget the role that corruption plays when individual officers/different immigration offices make marriage based extensions more and more difficult each year. 

And it will become harder under Big Joke with his new ‘no tip’ policy. Before, an extra 500 baht here and there could get a particular requirement ignored. Fines were handed out like lollies, with no receipts and no audit trail...

now, the kickbacks the IO’s recieve from dodgy immigration agents is their best source of extra income. They don’t want farang to do the yearly paperwork/application themselves, they want them to pay a ridiculous fee to an agent, ( I’ve been told by some guys they pay 15,000 baht for a marriage extension!), who they then receive a percentage of that fee from, in return for a hassle free processing service. 

I bet that sour-faced dragon at Jomtien is raking it in...????????

• Thanks 1

On 2/15/2018 at 11:39 AM, sandrabbit said:

When I did my 1st marriage extension the head of the office of Rayong immigration  wanted me to continue with a retirement extension as I had the funds in the bank but I wanted to convert to marriage before there could be any new rule changes and maybe having to jump through more hoops.

Thanks to the British Embassy's decision to pull the plug on their income confirmation service I shall now be following in your footsteps in this regard for my next annual extension. Too bad for Rayong Immigration if they don't like this, but there is simply no way in which I can amass 800k in my Thai bank account by as soon as next April so as to meet the seasoning requirement for retirement extensions and continue on this basis as things stand.

• 3 weeks later...

Rayong immigration is a nightmare lately. 

Was told yesterday that some paperwork was missing and I had to come back Monday with missing documents. 

Also I had to get a new bank statement for the 400k as its only valid for 7 days. 

The letter is from Thursday ????

1 hour ago, Mooner said:

Rayong immigration is a nightmare lately. 

Was told yesterday that some paperwork was missing and I had to come back Monday with missing documents. 

Also I had to get a new bank statement for the 400k as its only valid for 7 days. 

The letter is from Thursday ????

Would appreciate knowing what your missing documents were so that I don't likewise get caught out when (& if)  I apply for my first marriage extension there next September.

And would I be correct in inferring from your final sentence that Rayong Immigration are OK with a bank letter that is 1 day old? In other words they don't require the bank letter to be obtained on the very same day as the related marriage extension is applied for, do they?

Edited by OJAS