Hidden Assets Investigation

webmark

On 16.2.2018 at 6:50 AM, dotpoom said:

Simple really, I bought my house that way. I simple rented/leased it for two years (I paid it all upfront but didn't have to), no lawyer involved, just a contract with the owner stating that if I wished to buy the house when the two years was up, I could, and the two years rent would be deducted from the price of the house we had agreed at the time of signing the contract.

Not a bad idea, if one knew in advance when a relationship will fail.

• Like 1

On 16.2.2018 at 12:35 PM, MrY said:

According to a Thai professor I once talked to, the difference between Thais and Farangs in this respect is that Thais do not directly associate love with trust. You may very well uncontrollably fall in love, but still very much be able to choose who do you trust. The thinking that you MUST trust the one you love is a source of endless misery and conflict [in my observation].

Mandatory personal disclaimer: Yes, I would trust my wife with almost anything (my life, finances, etc). And No, it wasn't always so. She's "passed the test" many times over.

Not long ago, in an other TVF sub-forum I posted this, not finding it necessary to add anything at this time:

------------

"When I mentioned to my Thai lawyer that I have thought that my wife of 13 years was 100% "trustworthy", he had to laugh so hard that he spilled his coffee over his pants.

He then gave me a sermon concerning the meaning of trust/loyalty in Thai society, cultural differences etc etc.
In closing, he didn't forget to mention, that thanks to him specializing early in his career in matters concerning "Trusting" Farangs, he was able to amass a "small fortune" (his words)."

Ever since, the expression by comrade Lenin "Trust is good, control is better" is quite relevant to me, especially when it comes to any dealings involving Thailand.
Cheers. 

3 hours ago, blackcab said:

http://www.safedepositboxbangkok.com

From personal experience.

There is an Ausiris gold shop in the same building too.

A good way to go. Main thing: No paper trail. Worked for me. The annual fee of $ 100 for my safe at a Bank turned out to be the best investement I ever made. But that's another story, but is has something to do with a 100% trustworthy Thai wife.:saai:

Cheers.

3 hours ago, MrY said:

...and dense. 20kg of gold bars (~$800,000) take no more space than a big book. Just don't hide them in a shoe box, it'll break. they're heavy.

Right. I would still recommend renting a safety deposit box. It may well be, that an able bodied man is capable of carrying 20 kg's of gold in his cargo pants, but it would make for an awkward walk.:wink:

Cheers.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, swissie said:

Not long ago, in an other TVF sub-forum I posted this, not finding it necessary to add anything at this time:

------------

"When I mentioned to my Thai lawyer that I have thought that my wife of 13 years was 100% "trustworthy", he had to laugh so hard that he spilled his coffee over his pants.

He then gave me a sermon concerning the meaning of trust/loyalty in Thai society, cultural differences etc etc.
In closing, he didn't forget to mention, that thanks to him specializing early in his career in matters concerning "Trusting" Farangs, he was able to amass a "small fortune" (his words)."

Ever since, the expression by comrade Lenin "Trust is good, control is better" is quite relevant to me, especially when it comes to any dealings involving Thailand.
Cheers. 

Similar to the Italian guideline "Fidarsi è bene, non fidarsi è meglio". "To trust is good, not to trust is better".

Another one I often come back to is my old bosses comment when a [Pakistani] businessman asked him during negotiations "Don't you trust me?" His answer was "Why would I trust you? I don't know you."

• 1 month later...
On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 1:13 PM, Barney R said:

Begs the question , if you are thinking this way now , why are you with her then ? Seems to me you have doubts about the future 

Agreed.

Seems to me that if you are trying to hide a marital asset and caught out, you will be in big trouble.

Easier to hide your money and buy a place after you get divorced.

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 5:13 AM, MrY said:

Similar to the Italian guideline "Fidarsi è bene, non fidarsi è meglio". "To trust is good, not to trust is better".

Another one I often come back to is my old bosses comment when a [Pakistani] businessman asked him during negotiations "Don't you trust me?" His answer was "Why would I trust you? I don't know you."

Turns out that the least trustworthy people in my life were those that I knew.