Boris Johnson urged to quit after Thailand sex tourism remarks

webfact

2 hours ago, Ketyo said:

The right wing christian conservatives through their influence on government and tabloid media have for many years campaigned for locking down sex in the UK. Campaigns to outrage middle aged and older brits that tell about various people being involved in 'sinful, sleazy and filthy' sex fill the front pages of the Daily Mail, Sun etc most days.

Its virtually impossible to have sex in the UK unless you are in a relationship, especially for those older than their early-20s.

No wonder the country is rife with drunken, aggressive  violent people unable to get laid every evening of the week.

But not only are the christian conservatives, (supported by the feminists and easily offended and outraged PC liberal left) trying to stop Brits at home from having sex they are trying to stop Brits abroad too ...and actually would like the whole world to stop having sex.

Bojos remarks are part of this narrative.

Lets hope that Brexit makes that country disappear so far up its own ass that it is unable to influence anything beyond its own shores ever again.

You are from...?

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

While I stand by my contention that he is an idiot, this is not a firing offence.

Chill out, UK!

Of course it isn't a sackable offence.  Boris has made several real sackable offences but not this.  I listened to the speech which was spattered with Boris's attempts to be humorous.  He pretty much failed on all occasions apart from the Thailand reference which did bring some laughter from the audience.

I think to some extent the speech was intended as a sounding board to gauge reaction of the Brexit issues.  Boris isn't involved with any of the Brexit negotiations so couldn't be put on the spot as easily as Davis and May.  I wouldn't be surprised if May's speech (the final one in this round of speeches) hasn't been written yet and will be modelled on the responses of the others attempts.

7 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Man’s unfit for his role. 

His comment promoting the sexual exploitation of others is not something a foriegn secretary should be doing. 

Yes, it happens, we all know that, but seriously, to make light of it in a way that might be fine in the “old boys club” is one thing, it’s quite another to do so when making a major speech on brexit. 

Sack him. 

I'm not sure I can follow, would you please point out to me where he said anything that was even remotely sexual in this speech?

As I'm not a native English speaker there might have been some sexual double-entendres I have missed.

Edited by manarak

10 hours ago, impulse said:

Yup, and every father aspires to have his daughter grow up to service old, fat white guys. 

Do you think the fathers would prefer it if their daughters serviced old, fat black/yellow guys? 

As sad and all as it is, a lot of these fathers don't care what their daughters do as long as they (the daughters) keep on sending money home on a regular basis. Sad, but true in many parts of rural Thailand

Happily married and settled, I don't need to go out to get "service" of any kind, but when sitting around Nana or Cowboy I often wonder what would those fathers and families upcountry do if their daughters had nobody to service? Where would the money come from if not from the old, fat, white guys? Definitely not from black or yellow guys. 

25 minutes ago, manarak said:

I'm not sure I can follow, would you please point out to me where he said anything that was even remotely sexual in this speech?

As I'm not a native English speaker there might have been some sexual double-entendres I have missed.

His implied meaning was clear. 

As a native speaker, I saw it. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, djayz said:

Do you think the fathers would prefer it if their daughters serviced old, fat black/yellow guys? 

As sad and all as it is, a lot of these fathers don't care what their daughters do as long as they (the daughters) keep on sending money home on a regular basis. Sad, but true in many parts of rural Thailand

Happily married and settled, I don't need to go out to get "service" of any kind, but when sitting around Nana or Cowboy I often wonder what would those fathers and families upcountry do if their daughters had nobody to service? Where would the money come from if not from the old, fat, white guys? Definitely not from black or yellow guys. 

I agree with quite a bit of that but have to raise a wry smile at someone who is "happily married and settled" sitting around Nana and Cowboy.  Is it the cheap booze that attracts you there? :smile:

12 hours ago, ezzra said:

Prince Phillip is very well known for his whimsical and starge remarks, should

we ask him to resign as well? people are measured with their quality of their deeds,

and not their tongues....

prince phillip has already packed up his job due to his age.....DID YOU NOT KNOW ????

2 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

I agree with quite a bit of that but have to raise a wry smile at someone who is "happily married and settled" sitting around Nana and Cowboy.  Is it the cheap booze that attracts you there? :smile:

No, it isn't. I love people watching... watch them coming and going, spotting the Thailand/Nana "virgins" and the old bulls who know every other lady on the strip. 

I forgot to mention in my first post that I sit outside ie in the bars along the street, not upstairs in the "naughty" bars. A few of the bars on the street play decent music, the girls working there leave me alone and I love how the whole athmosphere/street changes from afternoon to evening. 

3 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

His implied meaning was clear. 

As a native speaker, I saw it. 

Yes you probably need to see the speech itself.  It was his "nod and a wink" way of delivering the comment which brought quite a bit of laughter from the audience.  Unfortunately Thailand and bar girls are often associated together without spelling it out.  I speak as someone living in the UK with a Thai wife who never was a bargirl.  It doesn't stop the assumptions though.  Thailand has been notorious for it's sex industry for decades, no point in being coy about it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Yes you probably need to see the speech itself.  It was his "nod and a wink" way of delivering the comment which brought quite a bit of laughter from the audience.  Unfortunately Thailand and bar girls are often associated together without spelling it out.  I speak as someone living in the UK with a Thai wife who never was a bargirl.  It doesn't stop the assumptions though.  Thailand has been notorious for it's sex industry for decades, no point in being coy about it. 

Not saying be coy about the sex tourism, though my views on the acceptability of this sex trade might well cause some “pc, guardian reading, lefty, snowflake” bs responses. 

My point is that having the foreign secretary treat such tourism as a huge joke is appalling.

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, djayz said:

No, it isn't. I love people watching... watch them coming and going, spotting the Thailand/Nana "virgins" and the old bulls who know every other lady on the strip. 

I forgot to mention in my first post that I sit outside ie in the bars along the street, not upstairs in the "naughty" bars. A few of the bars on the street play decent music, the girls working there leave me alone and I love how the whole athmosphere/street changes from afternoon to evening. 

You are not alone, most of us have enjoyed a night or two in or around Nana and Cowboy and I too are married with a family.  Just about every time I had friends over from Europe or the States they would want to get out there and experience Bangkok's seamier side and I was the always the guide.  Some were more adventurous then others and I always made sure I had a pocketful of condoms for them, just in case.

You will notice in my post I added the smiley face emoji.  I was just having fun! 

3 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

You are not alone, most of us have enjoyed a night or two in or around Nana and Cowboy and I too are married with a family.  Just about every time I had friends over from Europe or the States they would want to get out there and experience Bangkok's seamier side and I was the always the guide.  Some were more adventurous then others and I always made sure I had a pocketful of condoms for them, just in case.

You will notice in my post I added the smiley face emoji.  I was just having fun! 

No problem, I wasn't offended or upset... just thought it was a good idea to clear that up. 

Edited by djayz

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

Not saying be coy about the sex tourism, though my views on the acceptability of this sex trade might well cause some “pc, guardian reading, lefty, snowflake” bs responses. 

My point is that having the foreign secretary treat such a trade is appalling. 

Get someone in place who realises the misery that lies behind the supply of women for sex tourism and doesn’t treat it as some huge joke. 

But this is exactly why Johnson is such a buffoon.  He does joke about completely the wrong things and yet some think he would make a good Prime Minister... Go figure!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Whether he overstepped the mark or not is a personal judgement. 

Last week the Welsh felt hard done by when a try was disallowed by the TMO during a rugby match. The same thing is happening in this thread except (where we stood re) B-B-Brexit has replaced the funny-shaped ball.

Edited by evadgib

2 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Last week the Welsh felt hard done by when a try was disallowed by the TMO during a rugby match. The same thing is happening in this thread except Brexit has replaced the funny shaped ball.

Not sure I see that analogy but that’s life. 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Last week the Welsh felt hard done by when a try was disallowed by the TMO during a rugby match. The same thing is happening in this thread except (where we stood re) B-B-Brexit has replaced the funny-shaped ball.

Beats me what that means but whatever you're drinking, I'd like some :smile: 

12 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Ah yes.  I didn't check the names, I just assumed you were the one who originally replied to me.

As you were.

No my man, YOUR problem is the fact that YOU confused me with the person who you replied to in POST 34

I simply QUOTED you in my first POST 36

If you still cant comprehend what you have done, please read ALL the POSTS involved in this rather amusing exchange its there for ALL to see

As Ken Dodd used to say   Tatty Bye

Edited by oldlakey

14 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

I don't want to split hairs but I replied to a post in a thread about Boris Johnson that said people should be judged by their actions not their words, thereby implying that Boris' words were not important - rather his actions should be.  Nowhere in your post did you mention the Royal Navy or WW2.

Anyway now we've sorted that out I think we're in agreement; Boris Johnson is an incompetent buffoon, a liar, a self interested shameless creep and should not be allowed anywhere near the political office he currently occupies.  Prince Philip did something good in WW2.  There we go.  Thank you.

The POST you quoted and replied to in POST 34 was POSTED by ezzra earlier in the thread

I did not enter the fray until the 36th POST in which I did mention WW2 and the Royal Navy

Perhaps that might explain why YOU did not see  WW2 or the Royal Navy mentioned in  ezzras POST that YOU quoted in POST 34     5555555

Now if you cannot see the funny side of that, or thats its proof that you are mixing me up with ezzra so be it

I will be making no further comment, even if this last ditch effort still does not help

Thanks for your time

Edited by oldlakey