Yingluck gets ready to make her move

rooster59

Just now, glenmohr said:

Regarding the law in Thailand, can you explain for readers benefit the exact law which enables any general to seize and hold power in Bangkok, when you do this we will all be better informed about the law in Thailand 

Total diversion, how about some comment specific to the thaksin case under discussion.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/18/2018 at 9:34 AM, hansnl said:

You seem to like the idea this might eventually lead to a civil war?

You really want the Thai people to stand up to each other?

The Shins will do anything to get back in power.

I doubt they are as ruthless as the current thugs in charge.  I don't believe Yingluck ever demanded someone be "re-educated" for disagreeing with her.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2018 at 6:18 PM, ReMarKable said:

I doubt they are as ruthless as the current thugs in charge.  I don't believe Yingluck ever demanded someone be "re-educated" for disagreeing with her.

The thuggery night vary, depending on perspective and interpretation - 

The systems remain the same, regardless of standing government. 

On 11/22/2018 at 5:09 AM, THE REVERAND said:

Yingluck coming home WOW how is Fawlty Towers PRAWUT going to handle this .Maybe he will try and bribe her with Expensive Watches ??????  

Check the date of the story. ☺️

On 2/18/2018 at 6:28 AM, ezzra said:

And because, in Asia, today's friends, could be very well tomorrow's enemy and vice versa,

so it pays to be friendly with everybody...

Like they say....keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.

The Red Bull Team have too much money and are a protected species from The Government.  The Yingluck team are playing a very smart game. They know they are protected at present. When the election is under way The Fuse will Lit. Maybe then even the Gold Watch man will remember all those Who Loaned Him Those Expensive Watches  and he will agree to return them to the rightful owners. The Sparks Will Fly from Every Direction. Watch This Space.

4 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Most likely elected. 

Do you mean that you support convicted criminals being allowed to run in elections and hold senior positions in government? A specific answer please el, none of your usual diversions and but but but...

• Haha 1

On 2/18/2018 at 9:34 AM, hansnl said:

You seem to like the idea this might eventually lead to a civil war?

You really want the Thai people to stand up to each other?

The Shins will do anything to get back in power.

They lose either way, but thats their problem, not ours. If they are dumb enough to fight each other then let them fight.

But let’s be honest here, most of them only ever take to the streets when they’re paid for it. There’s no fixing a people who are willing to rip their country apart for a few bucks a day.

Bluesea That is an excellent idea . In any big Drama Time is the controlling factor. Don't let the left hand know what the right hand is doing. Impatience always comes out the loser so if you can frustrate and frustrate the opposition they will be the one to crack first It is a game of Chess.

12 hours ago, Huayrat said:

And they could easily deport her back to Thailand if they really wanted too.

I don't think that is correct.

First they have to notify Interpol including the "crimes" that she is accused of.

Next the police of the country that she is in at the time of the arrest have to hold her.

She then has leave to appeal against the deportation order and I believe (though I am not sure) that the crime she is accused of is also a crime in that country.

She can also appeal against deportation on the grounds that she would not get a fair trial back in Thailand.

If it was that easy to get a Thai deported back to Thailand then why hasn't the current government managed to get Vorayuth “Boss” Yoovidhya deported back to Thailand after 5 years?

Edited by billd766
edited for bad spelling after I had posted it.

On 12/4/2018 at 8:40 PM, billd766 said:

Yet another double post courtesy of TVF.

They probably WILL get Thaksin and Yingluck back to Thailand before TVF fixes the problem on the website.

:sorry:

Don't expect the latter to ever rectify itself...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, finnishmen said:

yes, hot big criminal what need execute in jail.

Please tell us all what crimes warranting the death penalty in Thailand do you believe Yingluck has committed.

Just to help you out I have given you a link and some of the offences.

https://www.deathpenaltyworldwide.org/country-search-post.cfm?country=thailand

Crimes and Offenders Punishable By Death

Crimes Punishable by Death

Aggravated Murder.
The following aggravated forms of murder are punishable by death: committing murder “by employing torture or acts of cruelty;” [1] murder of an ascendant, [2] murder of an official, or murder of those who assist officials; [3] murder to prepare or facilitate another offense; [4] murder “for the purpose of securing the benefit obtained through any other offence or of concealing any other offence or of escaping punishment for any other offence committed by him;” [5] murder or attempted murder of a member of the royal family; [6] and murder or attempted murder of a foreign head of state that has friendly relations with Thailand. [7]

Murder.
Murder (even without aggravating factors) is punishable by death. [8]

Other Offenses Resulting in Death.

The following offenses are punishable by death if they result in the death of a victim, even in the absence of an intent to cause death:

committing a theft [9] or a gang-robbery; [10] 

raping a woman or girl [11] or committing “indecent acts” on a child under the age of 15; [12] 

having sexual relations with a girl under the age of 15, even if they are consensual; 

[13] forcibly detaining, enslaving or trafficking a child under 15 years; [14] 

kidnapping to obtain a ransom [15] or supporting such an offense; [16] 

and committing arson [17] or causing an explosion. [18] 

Causing (or attempting to cause) the death of a member of the royal family,

the head of a foreign friendly state or an accredited foreign representative is also punishable by death, and it is unclear whether the law requires evidence of intent. [19] 

• Like 1

If it was that easy to get a Thai deported back to Thailand then why hasn't the current government managed to get Vorayuth “Boss” Yoovidhya deported back to Thailand after 5 years?

In the case of Yingluck, it is to all but the most bigoted clearly evident this case was politically motivated.As to the rice price support policy it’s not even clear to foreign officials what the offence is since there was no evidence of personal corruption.

As to Vorayuth I don’t think there is any great conspiracy - just the usual lethargy and incompetence with wheels oiled in the usual way.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, jayboy said:

In the case of Yingluck, it is to all but the most bigoted clearly evident this case was politically motivated.As to the rice price support policy it’s not even clear to foreign officials what the offence is since there was no evidence of personal corruption.

As to Vorayuth I don’t think there is any great conspiracy - just the usual lethargy and incompetence with wheels oiled in the usual way.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

One needn't research too deeply to clearly understand the long history of exiled [forced/voluntarily] individuals that have found themselves on the wrong side of the traditional Thai elite/Ammat. It's the way in which things work here.......protecting their larger interests and rule. 

• Like 1