Two charged for trafficking underage girls for prostitution targeting foreign customers in Chon Buri

webfact

I know a American who was found guilty of under age sex with a 15 year old in Pattaya, he received a 14 year sentence for rape after refusing to pay 1,000,000 baht that would have seen him walk free.

The 15 year old's mother had pimped the girl out. It was only when the girl turned 19 she went to the police and told them her mother had forced her to have sex with many farangs, then reported them to the police and demanded cash.

The American was realised after 7 years and deported. It makes me wounder how many people pay to make the issue go away.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, isaanbanhou said:

The two arrested are human waste.  I hope the 56 year old German sheise with jet black hair is a guest of the Thai government until he hits retirement age  and his hair returns to it's natural colour. 

The pimp should get 1.5 times as long.

He should get a lot more than 9 years!

1 hour ago, dotpoom said:

In some countries you can legally marry at the age of 11yrs. Amazing how high and mighty some people can get and yet when it comes to taking action like protesting one's own government possibly (worth having a look at the legal age that girls can marry back home) they remain quite or couldn't care less.

Of course it goes without saying I am only talking about situations where all participants do so with their full concent.

I think an 11 year old wouldn't usually be ready physically so of course it would be wrong.  However, my mother had me (post war) when she was 15 and my father was 18.  It was the norm in those days.  Also a coin has 2 sides.  This guy may have just asked for a girl and the woman has ducked out and got this one as quick as possible.  Telling the difference between a 15 year old and a 20 year old is not always easy if they are trying to fool you.  Just trying to be objective here.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

Pretty sick in my opinion. While I can understand the desire for a young woman, I can't understand in the realm of normalcy or sex, the desire for a young child. Gosh a middle aged man isn't satisfied with a young and fit 22 year old?   So it seems obvious it is beyond just a physical thing.  Publicly identify the man, ridicule him, make an example of him to others, prior to, and during his imprisonment.

totally agree; as with rape, cannot fathom how that can be sexually exciting to the male

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

What more can you say? despite all the extensive efforts by the law enforcement

agencies and other NGO groups those activities is continuing and will continue

to be so as long as men covet young girls and enough unscrupulous local

people who'll fill this demand for pure greed....

And as long girls are coveting money for the newest phone, or whatever, there will be procurers and "customers", shame on them.

Let us not forget that either.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, whaleboneman said:

Their brains are wired up all wrong. I doubt there is any hope to change that short of electro-shock therapy.

You're right. And last time I checked---my old university department was a centre of research on sexual deviance and therapy---this is one compulsion that's almost impossible to 'break'. Unless things have changed, I don't there is any truly effective treatment.  

26 minutes ago, nahkit said:

10 minutes ago, nahkit said:

Procurement is not human trafficking.

Right, in technical Western language with a million words. But in a limited language with 25000 words there can be confusion as in OP , as in thats what they call it.

Edited by morrobay
Add

42 minutes ago, nahkit said:

I don't understand how the customer is charged with human trafficking? Does anyone know what the definition is of human trafficking under Thai law as it seems that whenever a story like this appears, human trafficking is always mentioned?

Technically, the pimp and customer colluded in transporting the girl to another location. That might be what allows the police to tag on an additional charge and increase the sentence or at least the chances of conviction. 

6 minutes ago, dopenhagen said:

15 is the legal age of consent in Scandinavia, and many other countries, and they can hardly be called backwards countries... 15 year olds are hardly children incapable of knowing what they are doing in situations like this. Cracking down on a foreigner with a 15 year old and declare it a success in the war against child exploitation is rather silly when so many girls of significant younger age are being seriously trafficked (kept in captivity) and used by Thai men throughout the country. To celebrate the capture of this guy and girl is rather pathetic and reminds most of a witch hunt where the actual nature of the crime is less important than the pleasure the audience gets from pointing fingers and making noise... Pathetic !

Fact is, that many "unholy" things, criminal or objective, go on under the radar, knowingly or deniable.

Fact is the police cannot do anything more as score a few minor "successes" mostly accidently or when it is time to score a few brownie points.

In this case, I think, the girl might be a willing participant.

However, where is the attraction in young girls coming from?

11 minutes ago, dopenhagen said:

15 year old girls can have the physical appearance of a much older girl, calling it sicking says more about the person saying it than the person about which its being said... Had she been 10-12 there wouldn't have been any doubt... Objectively you don't know if the guy is a pedo or if he simply happened to be caught with a girl younger than she appered... For all we know, he could have been setup and refused to pay the bribe... So relax a bit and stop passing premature judgement...

so you are trying to justify this in some way are you - the girl is 14

My friend has a daughter just turned 14 and she still plays with toys

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, car720 said:

I think an 11 year old wouldn't usually be ready physically so of course it would be wrong.  However, my mother had me (post war) when she was 15 and my father was 18.  It was the norm in those days.  Also a coin has 2 sides.  This guy may have just asked for a girl and the woman has ducked out and got this one as quick as possible.  Telling the difference between a 15 year old and a 20 year old is not always easy if they are trying to fool you.  Just trying to be objective here.

I find it really difficult to guess the age of Asian women, so in the day I did not go near any unless I knew they were in the correct age group, a few nights ago having a beer I asked a girl her age (I thought maybe 20+ and she was thirty)

I have always advised lads it is better to get a bird from a bar as it does give you

a bit of a guarantee with them having to produce I D, but the German being involved

by going to meet the girl  will get what he deserves I hope. 

15 is the legal age of consent in Scandinavia, and many other countries, and they can hardly be called backwards countries... 15 year olds are hardly children incapable of knowing what they are doing in situations like this. Cracking down on a foreigner with a 15 year old and declare it a success in the war against child exploitation is rather silly when so many girls of significant younger age are being seriously trafficked (kept in captivity) and used by Thai men throughout the country. To celebrate the capture of this guy and girl is rather pathetic and reminds most of a witch hunt where the actual nature of the crime is less important than the pleasure the audience gets from pointing fingers and making noise... Pathetic !

What's the legal age for prostitution in Scandinavia?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Thanks 1

The age of consent here in Thailand is 15 ,or 18 if being paid , when i first came to Pattaya 25 years ago , half the bars had 15 year olds working in them ,i am not saying its right , but to be honest the moral indignation from some on here makes me wonder . sometimes its those who shout loudest ,know what i mean?:sad:

• Like 1

I can’t say much on this since all 3 parties are consented. The Mama is Willin to procure the girl for a fee, the girl is will party for a quick buck (sincere apology if she comes from poor family who needs to get into this trade to support the rest, and that’s a sad sad case) and a perverted foreigner who’s willing to pay. Demand and supply matched, chicken and egg thing I guess. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dukeleto said:
police broke in and found a 15-year-old girl in the bedroom, wearing only a towel. 

Looks like the German is still wearing the poor girls towel on his head. Isn’t that supposed be booked in as evidence?

You may Wonder why these kind of People never learn to do the Math where they easily could have avoided the charges as 2 x 15 becomes 30....:coffee1:

Edited by ttrd

2 hours ago, LennyW said:

Kids of 11 years old do not have the mental ability to give "full concent" jeez!!

I think it's totally disgusting, but you would have to argue that in some Islamic countries that have Sharia law.  Muhammad married Aisha, his third wife, when she was about age six, and consummated the marriage when she was about age nine. To many people, determination of sexual maturity is a matter of subjective judgment, and there is a strong belief among most Muslims and scholars, based on Sharia, that marrying a girl less than 13 years old is an acceptable practice for Muslims.

A. A. Ali, Child Marriage in Islamic Law, The Institute of Islamic Studies, McGill University (Canada), August 2000; see pages 16-18

"Surah At-Talaq 65:- - Towards Understanding the Quran - Quran Translation Commentary - Tafheem ul Quran"islamicstudies.info.

"Saudi judge refuses to annul 8-year-old's marriage"cnn.com.

Edited by Catoni
Correction

Bang them in the bin,  BUT has anyone mentioned prevention better than cure  ???  where are the girls from, ??    school where ??  home where  ??   is mama into this, she must know because of money sent to the home town Post Office.   It Is not a one off by any means Could be thousands of Mothers/fathers aware of where their kids are YES AND BOYS.  Money for family, I have lived here in rural areas and know what is going on.

• Like 1