Nigerians and Thai taxi driver arrested after dramatic chase in Aranyaprathet

snoop1130

Nigerians and Thai taxi driver arrested after dramatic chase in Aranyaprathet

CiHZjUdJ5HPNXJ92GRkLNbZMd8SbgO4Tb8.jpg

Two Nigerian illegals and a Thai taxi driver were arrested after a dramatic border chase traversing five checkpoints.

The Africans were eventually rounded up in a sugar cane plantation trying to return to Cambodia.

The drama began around 8am when a policeman on his rounds saw two black men vault over a wall into the car park at Rong Klua market.

They had jumped over to flee Cambodia.

They jumped into a waiting taxi and the three including the taxi driver sped off.

Police and military authorities were soon informed as the taxi went along the Sri Phen Road that follows the border. In total five checkpoints both police and military were traversed before strips managed to damage the taxi enough to make it stop.

At that point the two Africans bailed out of the taxi and disappeared into a sugar cane field. As they tried to cross back into Cambodia they were arrested.

A bag in the boot of the taxi contained their passports showing them to be Nigerians Reginald Uzoho, 27, and Chinaka Ibemere, 31.

They told police they had been in Vietnam before they left and went into Cambodia. They said they were headed for Pratunam in Bangkok to see a friend.

They clammed up when asked to explain why they had no exit stamp from Vietnam. Police believe they were breaking the law there.

Taxi driver Wan Thongkhan, 57, told police that he was hired by Cambodians for 3,000 baht to drive two men to Bangkok. He said that he was forced by the Nigerians to drive on through the checkpoints.

Police dismissed this story as nonsense as he had plenty of opportunity to stop and give up. 

The cops are looking into the background of the Nigerians and the taxi driver to see what they were up to suspecting that it may well have something to do with illicit drugs. 

Source: https://www.thairath.co.th/content/1208073

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-2-19

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

Police dismissed this story as nonsense as he had plenty of opportunity to stop and give up. 

wow, the thai police police really think this is 'logical'; if so, then we are all at risk; 

his story sounds like it could very well be true, but that is not the point;

point is their responseful 'thinking'; which , of course , is the usual thoughtless babble 

12 hours ago, speedtripler said:

What happens to them now? 

I'm no global security expert (although I'm told by many Nigerian women I'm quite handsome), but I'd suggest they're seconded into the wall-building project Thailand must undertake if this Nigerian crime wave is to be stopped.

And, as an aside, I wonder what role the Americans play in this....you can be sure they're implicated somehow.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Just great! Look out for greater scrutiny and more hassles for all of us at the Thai-Cambodian border in the near future, thanks to criminals from the country with the infamous N. scam...

Kudos to the Thai border police and the military for catching them, even though they didn't seem to be as successful  catching Thai criminals (-->Y.) crossing the border. :smile:

Unless you are 1) black or 2) travelling on a Nigerian passport, I don't believe you have any need to worry about there being greater scrutiny or more hassle for you at the Thai/Cambodian border.